[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite Weapon Takedowns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

It's important to be able to field strip your weapon to effectively clean it. But some guns arguably have easier takedowns. In your opinion, which guns have the best method of takedown?
>>
>>35022712

Bolt guns with a push-button bolt release.

Also, common pump shotguns with quick change barrels & single pin trigger-group retention.
>>
>>35022712
92fs' are pretty easy.
>>
I LIKE taking down Mark 1-3s. It's like a fun puzzle club that mechanically inept people can't figure out. Makes me feel smart.
>>
>>35022712
My Mak, cz83, and HP are really easy to field strip, my MK 3 is a different story.
>>
>>35022712
For handguns: Slide levers are about the best and easiest. Sigs, Beretta 90s, M&Ps and the like. Glocks are not too far behind once you get it down. 1911s are kinda a pain in the ass, and CZs are somehow fucking worse.

I don't have much rifle experience, only ARs and a 10/22 takedown. I will say extended takedown pins are worth the upgrade. Strike Industries makes some that are inexpensive and not any more obtrusive than milspec. There's other ones by YHM I think that have huge fucking knobs on them, they I couldn't recommend.
>>
>>35022712
The worst in my experience is the ruger mark series(before the 4). Second place probably goes to grand power out of what i've shot. Frankly it isn't anywhere near the same league of terribleness as the mark series but getting the slide on can sometimes feel more like trial and error than skill...

Glocks are easy but imho have a bad takedown just because im a big fan of the 4 rules.

CZ is kinda annoying but not bad once you get used to it.

Sigs, ARs, AKs, and most bolt guns are super easy.
>>
File: Nambu.png (355KB, 1000x566px)
Nambu.png
355KB, 1000x566px
>>35022712
For when you want a puzzle that you can shoot people with after its complete
>>
>>35022815
Oh man, that looks sexy as fuck with the suppressor too.

>tfw cucknadian and will never be able to put a suppressor on my mark 3
>>
>>35023707
Am I the only person that doesn't like flush silencers like that?
>>
>>35023678
Given the Nambu's track record, it's probably safe to assume it can shoot someone before it's assembled
>>
>>35023743
Pic is literally condition zero
>>
>>35023743
The type 14's were actually pretty solid, especially the pre war pieces. The type 94's on the other hand were dangerous garbage
>>
>>35023787
A lot of people now days have issues with them because of the strange ammo and older than fuck springs. But otherwise, the type 14 is pretty neat
>>
>>35023787
>what looks like an exposed TRS
Fuyukai desu
>>
>>35022769
This, dead ass simple.
>>
Is there an easier field strip than the Mosin?
>>
id be a liar if I said I dont enjoy taking down 1911's
a bit of a pain in the ass compared to other, modern pistols? Yes. But taking it down and then putting it back together is like a puzzle and I feel a sense of accomplishment doing it
>>
>>35025064
Congratulations, you're as smart as your great grandfather.
>>
>>35022712
sig p226
Beretta 92
>>
>>35022712
I am very fond of the Garand takedown. It's something almost everyone would overlook unless you knew where the worky bits started. I could do it blindfolded now.
>>
>>35025064
i know all these exact feels.

also my 1911 has a nice idiot scratch from me learning wtf am i doing.
its my first 1911 so it had to be so.
if i get another 1911 i wont idiot scratch it
>>
>>35022712
My p83 wanad and sar b6p are pretty easy to field strip and put back

Also my issued m9 is the easiest thing to assemble
>>
File: handr_5.jpg (763KB, 1600x1200px)
handr_5.jpg
763KB, 1600x1200px
Top-break revolvers.
>nickel gun
>dirty ammo
>Oh, hey my gun literally BREAKS IN HALF
>Imma clean everything now, k?
>>
>>35022815
I was about to say the same thing.
Once you know how to do it, it's very easy and fast.
>>
>>35023606
Mak is so deliciously simple. Feels good man.
>>
File: f3ptokPW.jpg (160KB, 800x520px)
f3ptokPW.jpg
160KB, 800x520px
>>35022712
You can put a spit shine on one of these in like 5 minutes!
>>
>>35025176
This, sig p226. Somehow simpler easier and smoother than the 92fs. Browning hi power and hk usp fighting for 2nd place.
>>
CZ 75 is the easiest of the ones I own.
> push
> pop
> slide
> done
1911 is asinine by comparison
> turn lug
> make sure recoil spring doesn't blind you or escape orbit
> pull slide back just so
> pop slide release out
> slide
> give gun idiot scratch getting the finicky ass slide release back in
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Po64G72gQo
>>
>>35022815

Getting the pin in and out is a huge pain for me.

The rest of it isn't that bad.
>>
>>35022712

Tokarevs. Made to be beautifully simple for dumbass conscripts. I still appreciate it though.
>>
>>35027898
>zomg this puzzle turns into a gun!
>but really, there's just gun parts mixed in with the rest of these useless blocks.

Most disappointing video this year, desu
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.