[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Off topic pls no bully

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: received_10211446092170138.jpg (187KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
received_10211446092170138.jpg
187KB, 2048x1536px
Guys, so I'm going to trade school in january. I'm 26, and I have back grounds in both, but I can't decide.

Fireman or welder?

I know this doesn't have much to do with firearms but your my only board. If I get a trade as a welder I can go to work on the Alaska pipeline, but if I pick firefighter I can work in Boston or somewhere and have badass war stories.

Which would you pick?
>>
>>35022663
Potentially more money as a welder

Guaranteed more pussy as a fireman
>>
>>35022688
Isn't the equation: time over money equals pussy over X?
>>
Well if it's more money as a welder I guess I'll do that. I can buy a wife and more money means more money for guns.
>>
>>35022663
I would pick fire fighter; pay is good and retirement is early. However, since you can't spell and don't sound very bright, you should probably go for welder.
>>
>>35022663
Firefighter is a pretty hard job and you are gonna do very tiring physical activities. In the other hand, welding is fun as fuck if you have the right amount of autism. Also you can make lots of things if you know hot to weld, like homemade guns or you can work on cars.
>>
>>35022663
Welder
Learn to and get certified in SCUBA
Become underwater welder
make BANK
>>
>wanting to live in Boston ever
>>
>>35022663

If you are capable of being a firefighter, FUCKING DO IT.

Seriously, if you can get your EMT certification, pass any physical tests, and are capable of continuing education, do it.

Firefighters make easy money, work maybe 11 days out of the month, and usually have awesome side jobs on their days off. You get to hang out with your bros, cooking good food, working on cars, watching Netflix, whatever else, on the city's dime while you're getting paid.

T, I'm a welder that works for a fire department. You would be an idiot to turn down an opportunity to be a firefighter.
>>
File: 1501465301620.jpg (21KB, 405x650px) Image search: [Google]
1501465301620.jpg
21KB, 405x650px
>>35023221

>underwater weldhurrrr

Underwater welding is a forced meme, faggot
>>
>>35024095
My dad (cop/mil) told me exactly this. Every time I mention being hazy on jobs post-college the first thing he says is firefighter. Ironic too because I kind of want to be a welder.
>>
>>35022663
I'd go fireman if you know for 100% sure you can get a job. I don't know much about the job market for firemen. But I do know that structure fires are getting less common as old buildings are demolished and building codes tighten down, and more people are using fire-retardant insulation and such. Most of firefighters' jobs now seems to be just EMT's assistants in a fancy truck. That is unless you live around wildfires. But the pay and benefits do seem to be better.

I know for a fact that a welder can always find a job. Most entry level welder job requirements consist of having some vague idea how to weld, and being able to show up close to on time and at least sober enough to walk. So if you're well above and beyond those requirements, you should have some decent upward mobility--I think you can get a company to pay you to learn more advanced types of welding, and then you do it for a really decent wage, without having any student loan debt beyond maybe 2 years of tech school to learn the basics.
>>
>>35022906
>Thinking you need more brains to burn.

Well this anon must be a cop.
>>
>>35024145
No it's just right up there with astronaut on the "Gee I'll be that list."

Be a fireman work 24 on 48 off and go to welding school. Then do both!
>>
Both are fine, however as a welder you have the potential to make a shitload more monies. Firemen salaries are capped at a certain point, even if you become the Fire Marshall or some shit, you'll still be making 5 figures. A GOOD, keyword GOOD, welder can easily clear six figures, especially if you are willing to do dangerous shit like underwater welding. My cousin is an underwater welder in San Diego, I'm not sure his exact salary, but he makes MADD bucks. Granted it is an extremely dangerous and taxing job, but that's why he gets paid so well.
>>
>>35025111
>sober
> welder

Pic one

The best welders I've known could draw a bead without 4 or 5 drinks in them.

That said, Parkinson's is a bitch!
>>
>>35027465
> couldn't

Forget underwater!
Get certified for nuke!
>>
>>35022663
welder hands down. cash for days when you're needed for overtime on a late project. union's are damn good if you don't mind shilling. there's always work in the industry. best friend's father was a welder for 30 years. earned like $65k annually before he retired last year at 57 full benefits and pension.
>>
I'm a volunteer FF and a dude in my company is also a welder. He wants to go career firefighter, although he also really likes to weld.

FF in my district are paid decently, but not great by any means. At least my district covers EMT training and cert for volunteers, and covers paramedic school for career.
>>
>>35027465

> that said Parkinson's is a bitch

Exactly. Do you want to enjoy your life outside of work? Or do you want to work yourself into a slow, painful, cancerous, mental and breathing disease ridden death.

Be a firefighter, go to school, don't do drugs.
>>
You can weld guns together, you cannot firefight guns together.
>>
>>35022663
I was an emt for the FDNY and that job sucked so I became an iron worker in a union an made a shit load of cash but worked my ass off and was guaranteed to retire disabled so I left that and became a fire fighter with the FDNY I don't make as much but I barely work get benefits and 100k a year. Do fire fighter
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.