[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stun gun discussion.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: black-jack-stun-gun-1.gif (62KB, 517x517px) Image search: [Google]
black-jack-stun-gun-1.gif
62KB, 517x517px
Why are these so common if they dont actually work?

And how many people do you think get killed or severely hurt because they think stun guns actually do anything other than sting a bit and make noise?
>>
>>35015710
I think a lot of people are mistaken about what they're actually getting.
>friend tells me she got a taser
>"that's good. You really shouldn't take it for granted though. Find a training class."
>"Well, I mean you just press it up to them. Right?"
>"Uh, you can, but typically you would deploy it at a dis- wait. Did you get a stun gun?"
I've had similar conversations with others as well.
>>
More than you think
Also
>you are liable when the fucker that tried to stab you "suffers a cardiac incident"
Might as well just shoot them
>>
>>35015710
>But stun guns work, just look at this "test video" of a guy getting shocked for half a second before jumping away and laughing
>>
Why would you try to use an Electrosluts™ prop for self defense?
>>
>>35015710

There's no licensing or shit for them, you can get them practically anywhere, and they are cheap
>>
>>35015792
This
>if you use one prepare to get sued in civil court
>>
>>35016048
Prohibited as fuck in Canuckistan. Still, the gangbangers smuggle them in often enough.
>>
>>35016881
>Hand over the poutine or we'll mildly discomfort you eh?
>>
Does anyone know how they are supposed to function? If you power them with batteries or accumulators and you transform the current to a higher voltage, how does this affect the Amperes delivered? Do they use AC or DC?
>>
>>35017274
AC is better for shocking something
>>
File: 33608_xl.jpg (119KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
33608_xl.jpg
119KB, 1000x1000px
Anyone have an actual Taser?

Been thinking of getting one for EDC until i can afford a CC license.
>>
>>35016902
kek x25
>>
File: serveimage.gif (8KB, 341x320px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.gif
8KB, 341x320px
>>35017274
>and you transform the current to a higher voltage, how does this affect the Amperes delivered?

If you double the volts, you halve the amps, and vice versa.
>>
>attacker wears a heavy jacket
oh no my one weakness
>>
>>35015710
The guys in my band and I zap each other all the time with these while drunk.
>>
>>35015710

Useful if you are trained enough that the split second that tzapping the oponent gives you is all you need.
>>
These things are a fucking joke. Have fun when Jamal rips it out of your hands and fucks you with it.
>>
>>35015710
>not making a stun gun yourself
https://youtu.be/EcKMTR4e2CM
>>
>>35017390
i have one of the first versions for the cyberpunk novelty, how much would a cc license cost you? those tasers are pretty expensive, probably more than a carry permit.

>>35020143
i'm still doubtful.
>>
>>35019525
Your band sucks. I don't even know what you play but I know without a shadow of a doubt that it's absolute unlistenable garbage.
>>
>>35020179

If you have doubts then don't use a taser, distance for using one is "can happen anything" distance.
>>
>>35015710
>Why are these so common if they dont actually work?
Because people like the idea of being safe. They're only useful if you're a cop and you're trying to subdue someone. Think of it as a self-defense placebo.
>>
Tasers are for nigresses
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 500x515px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 500x515px
>2017
>wasting money on stun gun instead of a pair of knuckle blasters
>>
>>35020237
i bet they're hollow plastic
if they are those shits will fall apart before you even swing your fist
also, the electrical contact is flat, which means there's no clothes penetration
shit product 2/10
>>
File: ladyflame.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ladyflame.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>35020237
>not buying a ladies flamethrower
>>
>>35020350
>GUNS ARE BAD WHY CANT PEOPLE DEFEND THEMSELVES HUMANELY
>SEE, USE A TASER OR LIGHT THE GUY ON FIRE OR SHOVE A BEARTRAP UP YOUR PUSSY
just fucking shoot me please
>>
>>35020179
a CC license here costs about $500 total in different fees, but it also takes months of waiting.
>>
>>35020507
Just carry anyway while you wait. You're going to throw your money away on a toy that you wont use and wont help you if you have to. When if you just carry a gun while you wait actually defend yourself. Of you have to use a gun before your permit comes in you have just created a case to sue whoever issues permits into overhauling the process because there is literally not a single reason for it to take more than a week with postage.
T. Anon who waited 18 months for a permit while carrying daily.
>>
I use one shock my bros in the dick when they pass out in the common area
>>
>>35015710
They don't work. They make a loud scary noise and shock you. Some shock pretty bad and leave burns but it's not something that can incapacitate someone, you need a taser for that which creates a current between two shock points. Even those only work under ideal circumstances, but when they work, they fucking work.

I think if you shocked someone on the neck it might fuck them up, but that vs a knife which fucks someone up anywhere you hit them, and has plenty of other uses, I'd take the knife.
>>
>>35020724
>When tasers work(on a completely sober person with thin clothes and low body fat) they fucking work
Ftfy
>>
>>35020774
i think everyone is mixing up tasers and stun guns in this thread. a taser brand taser will stop someone most of the time. a stunguns are generally painful annoyances.
>>
>>35020774
It worked when I used it, but yeah it was under those circumstances.

>>35020869
>most of the time
Half of the time, if you live somewhere where people wear thin clothes. Most of the failures are due to people not knowing how to operate them properly though, ie: shooting too close, only getting one prong in, etc. It's a very finicky machine.
>>
File: 41WTn9ekArL._SY300_.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
41WTn9ekArL._SY300_.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
Pick up one of these and they're more effective.
>>
>hurr durr stun guns don't work

Yes, they do. But you have to use them correctly. You have to keep pressing the electrodes into the skin, and holding the button down. As soon as you break contact, or release the button, it stops. Just like with a Taser.

The only difference with the Taser is that you can shoot barbed electrodes into the person, making it easier to hold the circuit. The electricity the Taser delivers isn't magically more incapacitating. It's the same electricity any other stun gun delivers.
>>
>>35017390
Make sure you can carry a taser in your local without a ccp in thr first place
>>
>>35023536
Ah yes, all you have to do is maintain perfect contact while someone is trying to beat your face in.
>>
>>35024737
In his defense, technically they work.. they're just hard to make actually work. So basically shit defensive option aside from possible intimidation.
>>
>>35024737
i think of them more as punishment after the threat has subsided. Or to correct homosexual behavior
>>
>>35020210
What the fuck does "can happen anything" mean? I have no idea what you're trying to say.
>>
>>35025259
*Or to excite homosexual behavior.
>>
>>35015710
Pepper spray is better
>>
>>35015710
I had a buddy unexpectedly jab me in the gut as a joke with one of these in high school and can guarantee they work better than OP says
>>
>>35027813
>I had a buddy unexpectedly jab me in the butt as a joke in high school

fixed for accuracy
>>
>>35020206
https://youtu.be/dvFPvWRgllY

We had no trouble selling our ticket allotment. Of course it's over now, fucking bassists. Went through 4 of them.
>>
>>35016881
realistically whats going to happen if they catch you with one? a finger wag? slap on the wrist? getting in any actual trouble in this country is quite hard
>>
>>35028507
Possession would be indictable, no? That is a bit more than a slap on the wrist for long term effects.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.