[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Campus Carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1490891250820.gif (91KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1490891250820.gif
91KB, 320x320px
Should I try to cc my Glock 19 to classes this semester of my senior year? I even bought shirt stays that ensure my gun stays under my undershirt. Basically, nobody would be able to outright see it even if my shirt lifted up. But, someone who knows what to look for might see me printing. If that happens, bye-bye diploma, bye-bye career. Can't afford to die... Can't afford to be thrown out of school... Wat do?

>Vote here: https://strawpoll.com/rsyh11d9
>>
What state is the college in?
>>
>>35015724
Virginia. But, they DEFINITELY do not like guns at my school.
>>
>>35015742
Then dont bring it you faggot, if theres gunmen you run
>>
>>35015742
Do they specify in the student handbook that they do not allow students to CC?
>>
>>35015759
Obviously, but it's very easy to get trapped. Anyways, I haven't even risked bringing it on campus nevermind taking it to class.
>>
You should be fine as long as you carry deep(appendix or ankle). Just don't tell anyone at your school and nobody will know...
>>
>>35015780
Explicitly states no firearms on campus aside from university police.
>>
If the state is one of the 10 or so that allow CC on campus then might as well. As long as it doesn't become visable there ain't shit the school can do about it. If your state does not allow CC on campus then no. If campsec notices they will lockdown the campus and you will be charged and convicted of a felony provided a gassed up rent-a-cop doesn't shoot you first
>>
>OP CCs
>school shooter
>has gun so decides to be hero
>dies
or
>gets caught with gun and rusticicated
or
>shoots someone because autistic
>>
File: 1460598061973.jpg (36KB, 460x503px) Image search: [Google]
1460598061973.jpg
36KB, 460x503px
>Buy a reproduction black powder 1851 Navy, cut down the barrel and grip.
>CC it.
>If you get caught you weren't carrying a gun so no problem
>If some one attacks you you can escape via smoke screen so no problem
>>
get an LCP you faggot
>>
>>35015871
I've been eyeing the LCP II this entire summer tbqh famm.
>>
>>35015833
If you are on your senior year, I wouldn't risk it. A knife yeah, but on the off chance you cough, it'll be on your permanent academic record. Other colleges won't like that if you need to transfer over and then there's the chance your college won't play ball at all.

Also, let's be frank, the chance you'll need a weapon on college grounds is exceptionally small. Look at the odd and choose accordingly.
>>
I had this dilemma as well, I leave my gun in my car. The odds of there being a shooting in any of my classrooms is so damn low, let alone the odds of there being one at school at all. I figure if there is a school shooting I can make it to my vehicle no problems. I carry everywhere else because there are no repercussions if I print or get caught carrying, because it's legal.
>>
File: Ghost_Emoji_2_grande.png (198KB, 600x541px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost_Emoji_2_grande.png
198KB, 600x541px
OP here. You guys made some good points and reinforced my thoughts against violative campus carry. A school shooting is far more unlikely than someone recognizing a printing gun. I'll just keep my situational awareness sharp and hope for the best.

P.s. I'm gonna haunt the shit out of y'all if I get shot before I graduate ;^D
>>
>>35015833
Don't fuck up your future senpai.
>>
>>35016279
That's smart.
>>
>>35016345

Yup just keep your head on a swivel, avoid the cafeteria/kids in trench coats/kids that wear woodland camo surplus jackets. Have an escape plan, and like I said keep a gun in your vehicle. As I said above when there is no risk to carrying you might as well, but when your odds of getting caught and ruining your academic career are even .1% and your odds of being in a school shooting are .0001% it's just not worth it.
>>
File: 1483625934868.jpg (66KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
1483625934868.jpg
66KB, 620x465px
As someone who carries a Glock 19 appendix with no problem, I would legitimately suggest getting a smaller gun for this exact situation. We're talking about your carreer and possibly your freedom at stake, not "excuse me sir, you're going to have to leave" like in a restaurant or whatever.

I would go for an extra small gun such as a J-Frame like the 642 or 442, Kahr PM9/CM9, Glock 42 or Glock 43 if you can manage that.

Greg Ellifritz has a good website where he compiles a lot of good info on "NPE" guns and general tactics.

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/deep-concealment-options-for-the-non-permissive-environment

It is absolutely your call, not anyone else ITT on if you should carry a gun or not at campus but I will say getting emergency medical training, carrying medical, knowing how to improvise weapons and escape tactics should be considerations as well.
>>35016279
>The odds of there being a shooting in any of my classrooms is so damn low, let alone the odds of there being one at school at all.

This could be said about carrying everywhere, but you carry everwhere else anyways. It's not about the odds, it's the stakes.
>>
>>35016415

Eh I know the stakes vs. odds thing but to just use round numbers, i will usually take a .000001% chance of dying vs. a 1% chance of having my life ruined. That second part is only at school, I can carry elsewhere without that chance and if anything the odds of something bad happening goes up. Schools are honestly pretty safe.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.