[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's so great about stainless steel barrels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

What's so great about stainless steel barrels?
>>
Bumping cause I want to know too, good enough for pistols, are they just good cheap alternatives for rifles? Really only like the black nitride finish.
>>
Supposedly the rifling can be machined more finely, leading to better accuracy at the expense of barrel life.

Which is sort of strange to me because it's well known that stainless steel has higher wear resistance than plain carbon steel, but is more difficult to machine.
>>
stainless barrels are thinner and lighter, so if you're going for a light weight raifu, you go with staineless
>>
>>35012375 They're shiny.
>>
File: witnessed.png (850KB, 880x787px) Image search: [Google]
witnessed.png
850KB, 880x787px
>>35012820
>>
WHATS SO GREAT ABOUT CARBON BARRELS IS REAL QUESTION.
Why the fuck didnt anybody tell me barrels can be made out of fucking CARBON?
>>
>>35012882
P. Sure barrel is not actually made out of carbon, but it's steel treated with carbon in the forging process which makes it harder. That can be benificial for obvious reasons.
>>
>>35012882
Basically >>35012913. You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>35012945
Okay I was wrong. But after googling it they're thin stainless steel barrels reinforced with a carbon fiber wrap. The barrel itself isn't actually made of carbon before you call me a dumbass.
>>
>>35012825
As one that has partaken in a Warboy spraying, I can tell you that he keeps his mouth closed as the edible spray paint is alcohol based and burns like a motherfucker. That shit is pretty rough in that sort of dosage.
>>
>>35012975
wtf you didnt post that question holy fuck why do you pretend to be people youre not?
What do you even get out of that???? The comment you made wouldnt even get any replies like wtf is wrong with you? Do you not have any friends?
>>
>>35013049
What?
>>
>>35013103
I'm >>35012913
And >>35012975
>>
>>35012649
yes but plain carbon steel is not used in barrels. chrome moly steel is used in military barrels because it resists heat better than stainless and has better wear resistance
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.