[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1st time shooting a real bullet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1st_22lr-min.jpg (1MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
1st_22lr-min.jpg
1MB, 4128x2322px
Hey /k/
this is my first group with a real powdered round.

My group today was at 55yrd with a .22lr (Prone)

So, how can I get smaller groups?
>>
>>35011593
Move the target closer.
>>
>>35011593
A thread died for you to shit post
>>
>>35011624
Why? That's a phenomenal group op has
>>
>>35011624
only 50/100m for competition.
The older Ones shoot hole in hole so I need to get better.

It was nice for a /k/fag but the others on the indoor range pissed my off
>>
>>35011593
...that's not a 22lr

All in the 8s, with a couple sevens is a good start. Start shooting groups of 3. Transitioning to a new target. For competition you need to be able to shift your NPOA efficiently.

Depending on your gun that might be as good as it gets. Shoot it off a bag, or lead sled, find out what the limit of the gun is.
>>
>>35011717
>NPOA ???
OK, I will try the bag next time.
The rifle had a hard feeding problem with closing the bolt but I thing it will shoots 0.25" groups.

>...that's not a 22lr
Yes, its a .308 becaus i cant leave without take something out of the trash (my goals, you know)
>>
>>35011632
fuck off, this is more /k/ related than 90% of shit here
>>
>>35011784
Natural Point Of Aim

Basically, when you are in a stable position your rifle "wants' to point at a specific point. The whole art of a good position is that it points at the target. It gets more complicated, your breath moves the NPOA, but you want the rifle naturally pointing at the 10 ring at the point you pause breathing and break the shot.
intro reading
https://everydaymarksman.wordpress.com/natural-point-of-aim/
>>
>>35011593
Shoot more. Get used to the gun's recoil, trigger pull, and where the round goes relative to your sights. Personally I use a bipod on all my rifles and it really helps accuracy, but then I also have hand tremors so that's to be expected with that added stability.

If the rifle is not yours get yourself something you like and practice a bunch with it.
>>
That's a great group for your first time shooting, OP. Congratulations, looks like you have a knack for it.
>>
>>35011632
>here's my group i made today actually shooting
>it was my first time, can I have advice on how to shoot better?
This is one of the least shitposting and most directly /k/ related threads all day you cumstain, refrain from posting for the remainder of the evening and reflect on what you said.
>>
>>35011593

>fluted chamber

smells like HK.. could be MR308 but the brass looks cheap.. probably G3
>>
>>35011593
great shooting for the first time out
>>
File: k-diary.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
k-diary.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>35012037
the owner wasnt there but I will find him.
The round was shoot for more than 6times because most of the germans reload everything bigger 9mm.

>>35011881
I have a fucking hand tremor,too. Thats something really bad in Germany because I have to shoot standing at 10m with a .177 and a 0.2pound trigger and the POA is 90% out of black.

>>35011901
Thank you
>>35011717
I try but with my tremor its impossible to shoot the .177 standing (the others are better)and prone I have to shoot only 10.X -> I go my way and switch to long range and IPSC

This is my range diary (right 1st time and left the 4th time) when the tremor hits hard the shooting needs more time.

I mean /k/ is not the same as competition ;)
the gun rules!
>>
>>35012189
That's some fancy shit, most of us the US just go outside and shoot range trash. People typically don't bother with calculated groups like you have there unless they're a long range shooter and/or bench queen.
>>
>>35012229
Its normal here, Something like camo makes trouble and its a strict sport (IPSC is the max combat like here)
we have no gun lobby and gets fucked every year.
Here some German facts about guns
>pay about 250$ taxes to join something like a NRA
>after this you have to shoot once a month to get a gunowner license
>befor this you need to pass a exam abot guns, laws...
>I have to buy a .22lr and use it for 6-12months and than I can buy something like K98, .308 or AR-15
>you can buy a .50BMG when you have a range for it.
>reloading: exam+licens
>Own a tresor with 300-400lbs just for guns (5K$+)
>mounting a light or a laser is a crime
>nightvison is a crime
Well, Im not at point 1 and my shooting-time want count for the license ^^ because they have to take my membership (I have to shoot better than every other noobies to get it)
>>
>>35012037
i would concur.
>>
>>35011881
How is your standing shooting with the tremor? Is it possible to get it into the 8?
>>
>>35012376
More of /k should shoot groups before shooting reactives. I hate that you have to put up with that shit kraut anon, but at least you're learning better marksmanship than...oh... I'd say 75% of Americans.

seperate exam to reload? Geez. I heard you guys also get fucked on component cost for reloading.
>>
>>35012376
About the same in Belgium. Why put up with this bullshit if you can just buy an illegal gun. Train at the range but don't apply for a license so they can't put you on the list, soon or later guns will be more strictly regulated anyway.
>>
File: TargetSilhouette.jpg (115KB, 1260x1656px) Image search: [Google]
TargetSilhouette.jpg
115KB, 1260x1656px
>>35012545
With a lot more focus and a good stable stance yeah. I have to predict the tremor and start pulling the trigger before I'm actually on target. Have to do the same thing with handguns but even more. Some guns allow me to brace them better though.

On this target at 25 yards standing I can keep it all in the center mass A while standing probably taking 30-60+ seconds for 30 rounds depending on the gun and it's weight, I can do that in a couple seconds with 40 rounds with my AK with it's bipod. Taking my time I can put every last shot in the head A section and probably cut out the A if I wanted with my AK. Best shot was hitting a clay at ~230 yard with irons while kneeling with the gun resting on my knee. I'll have to post a pic of where I shoot for reference when I get back from a food run.

I generally have to have some sort of support, be it my knee, my chest, a bipod sitting on something, or something like that.

>>35012376
That blows, come to the US kraut anon. You'd probably love it in Montana or Idaho if you love shooting.
>>
>>35012667
they check your gun and your license -> wont work but nice idea

>>35012619
well dealing with it is one thing but I want my own .308 and .338 for long range so I need good marksmanships...
Well Im just one of the lowest /k/s with guns but the other /k/sector is something Im in top 99.9% of /k/ but its illegal to teach you there[just think and you know] :(
Just sad that the wrong peps read with us and I cant teach my /k/knowledge
>>
>>35012719
>That blows, come to the US kraut anon. You'd probably love it in Montana or Idaho if you love shooting.

If someone will give my a room for sleeping (1-2weeks) I will fly over to shoot with you guys.
And teaching something from universtity and very nice to know
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.