[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people think militaries and governments win wars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

It is obviously manufacturing and logisitic companies that are the real reason certain countries win or lose wars.

Any idiot can become a decent shot with a rifle after a week of training, but 99% still couldn't program a CNC machine after one week of training.
>>
>>35008873

>It is obviously manufacturing and logisitic companies that are the real reason certain countries win or lose wars.
>Every single war ever is a war of attrition

Can you stop being a tard?
>>
>>35008873
>Implying the military or government doesnt control the production of warmanufacturing
>>
File: T34-factory.jpg (22KB, 500x431px) Image search: [Google]
T34-factory.jpg
22KB, 500x431px
>>35008873
But what if all your manufacturing and logistics belong to the government?
>>
>>35008873

"It would be unwise to assume that we can defeat Germany by simply outproducing her. One hundred thousand airplanes would be of little value to us if these airplanes could not be used because of lack of trained personnel, lack of operating airdromes in the theater, and lack of shipping to maintain the air squadrons in the theater."

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/USA-Victory/index.html
>>
logistics period wins wars. old debate had and tired. nothing broadcasts weakness like having no deep port to dock and offload your super sweet tank with no gas and 1 day of coax
>>
>>35009955

This is one hell of a broken English you got there Pablo.
>>
>>35009963
is pablo an insult? my name real name doesn't matter much but i think people call you faggot
>>
>>35008873
>Any idiot can become a decent shot with a rifle after a week of training
said the faggot who never served

a single sniper did not win the winter war. Soviet leader incompetent and Finnish meth over doted let the Fin won the war
>>
>>35008873
>i am a logistic snob because i read a few WW2 meme in facebook
KYS
>>
>>35009979

>my real name doesn't matter
>Admitting to being Pablo

Invest in some English lessons before shitposting m8.
>>
>>35008873
>can't program a cnc in a week.
First off cnc wasn't around for the last few big wars, and second off that's exactly what was happening. Workers with no prior experience where hired and producing shit while the men were off fighting.

Also I'm I'm a machinist, if you can understand the machine learning code is no big deal. Start on a manual machine and understand how it works and how operations are done, g code isn't that big of a deal to understand.
>>
>>35009811
Then you end up broke and collapse about 40 years down the line.
>>
>>35008873

No, the reason is that they get to pursue winnable wars. Very few modern wars are long enough and destructive enough for the availability of modern hardware it's the limiting factor, even in that case, being supplied by a benefactor often lets you bypass this issue.
>>
>>35009987
But the Fins lost.
>>
>>35009712
fpbp
>>
>>35010000
>wehraboo gets btfo
>n-nuh ur english sucks!
>>
>>35010131
I can smell the bullshit from here.
Programming isn't just g-code. It's understanding materials, cutter geometry, fixtures, machines, etc.
You can teach a dude to operate in a week maybe... But you can't teach him to inspect, setup, or program.
>>
>>35010131
Cnc has been around since the 50s. It just wasn't run with controllers until maybe 25 years ago.
Before that, it was run with code tape.
>>
>have a bunch of tanks and planes expertly produced and supplied
>they uselessly sit around because no one is there to operate and command them
did you read that "amateurs study tactics" quote and thought you figured out something obscure and groundbreaking?
>>
>>35008873
Vietnam didn't need CNC machines
>>
>>35015286
Maybe he's a "machinist" (button puncher)
>>
>>35015316

The lab I worked in when I was in college had a single tape code CNC machine and my boss said it was the only machine that didn't cause a fire in the lab for some odd reason
>>
>>35009987
They lost you retard
>>
>>35009955

Vietmans says hi.

Afghanistan tips burka.

Logistics are important, but hardly the determining factor.

Body bag count, saturation bombing and all that jazz is worthless when you fail to seize your objectives and secure long lasting peace.

War is actually a bit more esoteric then we would like to admit. A great deal of factors contribute to it that are beyond the control of number crunchers and bureaucrats.
>>
>>35013967
>>35017919
they have better k/d ratio than the Soviet
>>
File: 1502504983622.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1502504983622.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>35008873

You're being stupid. I see you're trying to stress the importance of logistics but it's always, always, always a combination factors. How well armed, how well trained, how well can they be resupplied, and how many against what force. Extremes in the wrong places versus the wrong forces hurt. Obviously the ability to out produce, out man, and get shit to the battlefield is essential and often the most important factors but without the training to use it you'll also fail depending on who your enemy is.

>>35009917

Great professional opinion.

In smaller scale, imagine as a power trying to take a small town with a dozen tanks and a hundred poorly infantry to do it against 50 well trained insurgents who will be unable to resupply but already have rpgs and comparable rifles. Who wins? The government force will win but slowly if they have a good supply line and can continuously replace their losses of say everything once over. This victory not only will come at a large economic and man power cost but use forces that could be fighting elsewhere and creates a GREATER BURDEN ON THE EXISTING SUPPLY LINE. The cheaper to train and arm more independent insurgents will win if the government cant be resupplied and replaced adequately. See Syria right now as something of an example. If the government force was well trained, and well supplied they can do more with less. More with less means less of a burden on manufacture and logistics. Less of a burden means you don't have to have unrealistic levels of manufacture and man power to achieve the same goals.

I also love African conflicts as an example of this where you'll find small groups of western infantry armed just well enough defeating larger, much better supplied forces.
>>
>>35015286
Yea sure, but making jigs fixtures and getting the code right is generally a one time thing. And you don't need to teach them about material science or anything, for mass production.

You can have whatever expert set up the machines and get any old monkey to keep it running. Especially if you have series of machines doing small operations like ww2 factories.

>>35015316
Missed the big war then didn't it?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.