[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: gun list.png (486KB, 812x916px) Image search: [Google]
gun list.png
486KB, 812x916px
hello /k/ I've been here for a while and I have finally set aside enough money to consider my first firearm purchase. I just need help deciding which one I want to get first and decided /k/ could help me choose one
First off, here are the choices with my $400 budget.
>Mossberg 500 - $300
>SKS - $375-$400
>assorted milsurp rifles - $250-$400+
>m70 NPAP - $500

If I want the NPAP enough I will save up for it but for now these are my main choices in guns I am going to choose from soon.
any help with choosing one that outshines the rest would help me a lot since I don't want to buy something to regret my purchase and I really cant pick from all of them.
>>
ar15
>>
If you pick up an AK pattern rifle you won't regret anything. I got one as my first gun and it was the best choice I ever made, now that I have a sizeable collection the AK's are still my favorite thing. It's worth saving up a bit for one.

You can't go wrong with a mossberg or surplus rifles (bolt action or not), so it really just comes down to your choice in if you want bolt action, pump, or semi-auto. Just keep in mind that an SKS will run you almost the same as an AK, so for that it just comes down to which platform you think you'd like more. If you haven't already maybe check out some youtube videos on the internals of both rifles and use that to help make your choice.

And also an AR is a viable option and the market is great for them, but in my personal opinion the entire platform feels dull and in a way lifeless. You probably won't get the same feeling from an AR that you will an AK/SKS/Milsurp
>>
>>35005148
https://www.cdnnsports.com/270-american-22-syn-grey-d-cam.html
>>
>>35005148
If you've "been here for a while" you should know that we get this thread about three times a day, every single day.

Long story short:
Ruger 10/22 or Marlin 60
Maverick 88 or Stevens 320
Budget AR-15

Don't buy milsurp unless you love history and want to become a collector - the days when you bought milsurp just to get a cheap shooter are long gone, and besides, the ammo they use is relatively expensive and uncommon, which raises your total cost of ownership enough to make it not worth it if you just want a budget rifle.

For a first gun, the 10/22 or Marlin are good choices because they use cheap ammo with low recoil and so they make for something good to learn the basics with. If you're worried about home defense, then start with the shotgun instead.

Generally speaking, at this point you want to spend less money on guns and accessories, but more on ammo and range fees. Once you git gud with what you have, then you can start sinking money into more expensive equipment.
>>
>>35005148
AK, many have come and gone through my collection. The AK remains, completely stock and forever satisfied.
>>
>>35005282
I have marlin model 60 that my grandfather has passed to me and I wanted to move on to one of the guns on the list
one of those will be my first purchase
also I have a huge interest in milsurp and want to get some milsurp rifles since they are all going up in prices without going down ever. Problem is that milsurp isnt exactly cheap to shoot compared to 7.62x39 or 12ga.
>>35005269
>>35005295
thanks guys, i'll look into an AK more than I have before now.
>>
>>35005478
>also I have a huge interest in milsurp and want to get some milsurp rifles since they are all going up in prices without going down ever. Problem is that milsurp isnt exactly cheap to shoot compared to 7.62x39 or 12ga.
Like I said, if you want to start collecting, by all means buy some milsurp guns. I'm just tired of bubbas with hacksaws and of "muh garbage rod lol" from people who bought milsurp for the wrong reasons.

J&G's Spanish Mausers (http://www.jgsales.com/spanish-1916-mauser-bolt-action-short-rifle,-7x57,-good,-used.-p-80642.html ) still aren't bad pricewise, and 7x57 was a popular enough hunting cartridge that ammo isn't unobtanium by any means. They tend to be in fine shape mechanically, but rough shape cosmetically. That said, if you put some effort into it, a restoration job can yield some very impressive results:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA-1uf4SB6Y
>>
I have the NPAP, its pretty sweet just keep in mind the style is different from other AKMs. I'd look into the WASR which can be had for like 50 bucks more. If you want Milsup the M1 Garands are nice and being sold soon. If you decide to get an AR. Make sure its one you are happy with first. I rushed and bought a ruger 556 but now I want a Bren 805. I should have sat down and figured things out before rushing to buy because it was sale.
>>
>>35005148
Fuck off violent leftist scum. You're not spending my tax dollars on a machine to kill innocent people with.
>>
File: 1503383705037.jpg (71KB, 930x916px) Image search: [Google]
1503383705037.jpg
71KB, 930x916px
>>35006844
>Fuck off violent leftist scum. You're not spending my tax dollars on a machine to kill innocent people with.
>>
>>35005148
>m70 NPAP - $500
As a Yugo fan, don't do this.
For your first AK, there are too many proprietary components specific to only yugos for a novice to fuck with them.
Buy a WASR, Centerfire is selling them for $550

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-545-romanian-wasr-10-ak-47-762x39-rifle-with-bayonet-lug.aspx

Go read /akg/s Buyers Guide and if you have any other questions ask there
>>35004274
>>
File: IMG_20170829_085455-3480x1958.jpg (2MB, 3480x1958px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170829_085455-3480x1958.jpg
2MB, 3480x1958px
>>35005148
Get the AK pattern rifle or Shotgun far more practical value and use will be had from them than the rest on the list.

A SKS is not worth $400 Freedom dollars let alone the going rate of $250 leaf dollars here.
Only reason I got mine was because I didn't know about the Vz.58 and how much more awesome it is and thought $600 was too much to spend on a first rifle with 4 mags, sling, bayonet and scabbard fuck was I dumb but I wanted a cheap blaster to play around with and I got it. Although a surplus SKS and 1400 Norinco 7.62x39 "non corrosive" for $350 wasn't a bad deal at all.
>>
Buy a 1922
Done
>>
>>35006844
>leftist

Uh sweety this is a conservative board...
>>
>>35009828
>sweety
I fucking hate that word. It's literally impossible to not sound condescending while using it.
>>
>>35005721
>>35006920
Aren't NPAPs pretty much just being cobbled together with second-string parts that Zastava decided weren't fit to use on their military contract rifles? I feel like Rob Ski made a post or a video about this topic a while back. I would definitely go with a WASR over an NPAP if I could only pick one.
>>
>>35012193
I have one, I like it. Everything seems excellent except the stock which wobbles ever so slightly. I cant decide if that is a big enough deal to justify buying a Magpul stock
>>
>>35005148
quality .22 bolt action Anschutz, cz maybe savage
>>
File: aesth1.jpg (396KB, 634x845px) Image search: [Google]
aesth1.jpg
396KB, 634x845px
>>35012193
>Aren't NPAPs pretty much just being cobbled together with second-string parts that Zastava decided weren't fit to use on their military contract rifles? I feel like Rob Ski made a post or a video about this topic a while back. I would definitely go with a WASR over an NPAP if I could only pick one.

My friend, I love muh WASR but do you really think that they aren't also cobbled together by Cugir from second-string parts with the best ones going to the military? Let's be real.
>>
>>35005148
Mossberg 500 out of the listed options. Consider an AR15 or a handgun under certain circumstances, but otherwise a shotgun is the best first gun.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.