[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bringing a city to its knees

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 20

File: new york crowd.jpg (40KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
new york crowd.jpg
40KB, 852x480px
What's the minimum amount of equipment and personnel needed to bring a city like NYC to its fucking knees?

Is armor always a necessity?
Could you shock & awe NYC?
Nukes haven't been necessary as of yet in any modern conflict.
>>
Lots and lots of water, leave a tap running
>>
>>35002351
1 man with a map, Nugget, and car.

Run around the backwoods shooting up substations/transformers. SHTF will ensue shockingly quick.
>>
Urbanites have weak will, a mild power outage for a single week would kill them.
>>
File: golden gate.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
golden gate.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Best to choose a willfully unarmed city
>>
>>35002439
This. Cut off power and surrounded the city. Move in after a month or so and most of the people will have killed each other or died from elements/starvation/dehydration.
>>
Panel van, some friends, bolt cutters, wire cutters, burner phones, spare time.
>>
>>35002351

I can tell you're younger because you don't remember the Beltway sniper attacks. They spread their attacks out over many months and it had people scared shitless, especially considering what had happened a year prior. All they had was a Bushmaster XM-15, an early EOTech, and a blue Caprice.

I'd say for a city like NYC, a cell of 12 well trained men in 2-3 man teams would bring the city to a halt. US Emergency response is woefully inept, as we're seeing right now with the hurricane.
>>
>>35002351
hit the water and the electricity

jam emergency services with a crap ton of spark gap generators
>>
File: cattle - prey animals.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cattle - prey animals.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
>>35002551
>and it had people scared shitless
Fucking cattle
>>
>>35002565

First year or so after 9/11 had everyone on edge. Combination of the attacks, propaganda that followed, liberals saying this, conservatives saying that, those that wear hats of foil would suggest a massive psyops campaign.

If I go back a few years further, Columbine. Schools started getting "serious" on security after that happened, it lasted a year or so, and then everything went back to close to normal. Happened after Newtown too but not as severe on the school security front as after Columbine. People are reactionary by nature, and it'll be the flavor of the month until something else happens.
>>
>>35002551
>US Emergency response is woefully inept, as we're seeing right now with the hurricane.

Inept? Really? How would you *realistically* prepare the Gulf Coast and eastern Seaboard for threats like Katrina and Harvey? By realistically, I don't mean build a wall or condemn anything in a 100 year flood plain or send the National Guard to kick in everyone's door in the path and drag them kicking and screaming out of harm's way.

>>35002351
Bane and the Joker had ideas.
>>
>>35002653
For you
>>
>>35002351
a basic electricians tool kit and a ladder
>>
>>35002653

Cedar Rapids did it last year. They had a plan in place and what could have been devastating floods was largely adverted by common sense planning and implementation of protection mechanisms. As soon as they knew this thing was going to be a CAT3, Texas National Guard should have been out reinforcing major cities. That's why the National Guard exists; to guard the State.
>>
>>35002740
>That's why the National Guard exists; to guard the State.

Wrong. They exist as a reserve component of Israel's mercenary corps, the US Armed Forces.

>>35002703
Was a plane crashed with no survivors recently we never heard of?
>>
NYC would be a shit place to fight though, imagine the really shitty urban combat in Syria and then factor in trying to clear skyscrapers whilst taking fire from other skyscrapers because of the glass windows. Armour and foot patrols would be useless because of the 360 degrees you could take fire from and the near 180 degrees if you were to make the circle you could take fire from a dome (aside from directly above). If it was the case that the two sides had a foothold in Manhattan it would be a case of who could pump in the most men.
>>
Muhammad pls
>>
File: crying new yorker.jpg (62KB, 634x399px) Image search: [Google]
crying new yorker.jpg
62KB, 634x399px
>>35002873
>shitty urban combat
The fuckers are unarmed outside of the black zones and those black zones are thankfully self-segregated from all the other areas. Cordon them off and mortar/arty the fuck out of them.
>>
>>35002351
>What's the minimum amount of equipment and personnel needed to bring a city like NYC to its fucking knees?

Blow out the electricity grid in its weakest point and the water supply and is done.
>>
File: 23 Weeks Selfie.png (779KB, 1296x1050px) Image search: [Google]
23 Weeks Selfie.png
779KB, 1296x1050px
The NYPD is essentially an urban army.

Excluding that and going with a generic city the size of NYC, you'd need a way to strangle the infrastructure - electricity, potable water, that kind of stuff. Enough people in the right places could do that.
>>
>>35002351
pour industrial amounts of literally every soluble material and chemical you can find into the water refinery plants up north.

diesel, lube, bleach, cooking oil, every medicine you can find, jet fuel (for irony), vinegar, gasoline, etc.

don't even bother turning off the power. just do that and you'll ruin the water infrastructure and they'll have to evacuate the entire city. it doesn't matter how much bottled water they have.
>>
>>35002351
It only costs 170,000 to make a MOAB. Much cheaper then troops on the ground and eyes in the sky. Other than that, Some sort of deadly chemical/toxin should do the trick. "It's Flint all over again!"
>>35002470
Can we blow it up like in the movies?
>>
>>35002351
just shoot up the substations feeding power to the city and you're gold.
>>
>>35002351
There's a post from a guy claiming to be an ex cable layer, in essence he said you could bring down a city like NYC with 6 guys by calling in bomb threats to major airports and bridges AND THEN cutting cables, fiber optics, jamming radio, etc.

Anyone have the screen cap?
>>
>>35002351
To its knees how?

I always notice how a few little things going wrong can cause a lot of damage.

Realistically your main targets are

1)electricity

2) Drain system

3)Water supply

4)Access

In terms of electricity you have lots of targets. You could knock out all power by setting fire to the substations and transformers.

This means no CCTV, no television, communication may become limited , no traffic lights thereby causing chaos and most importantly no lights at night or in the evening.

If you want you can set snipers to shoot at repair crews

In terms of the drain system, you could create blockages thereby causing floods and/or compromise the integrity of the system such that it breaches, flooding the foundations and possibly lower floors of the surrounding buildings.

I am not sure exactly how you can use the water to undermine roads but its worth considering.

On the same not i dont know anything about the water supply or how one could damage it, perhaps add chemicals at treatment stations or burst certain pipes. But doing so would cause panic for bottled water and also panic in general.

Access requires you to damage roads and bridges which will inhibit access. This will cause traffic jams and shortages in shops

If you do all four at the same time and set snipers to shoot repair and policemen then the city is fucked, especially if you manage to do it during a storm or in heavy snow.
>>
File: IMG_1590.jpg (57KB, 670x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1590.jpg
57KB, 670x499px
>>35003413
>attack sewage
God damn that's genius, literally flooding the city with PEE PEE-POO POO further adding to the chaos
>>
>>35002351
>What's the minimum amount of equipment and personnel needed to bring a city like NYC to its fucking knees?
One communist named Bill DeBlasio.
>>
Theres 3 tunnels bringing water to NYC from the Catskills, if only one went offline, it would spell disaster for the city and would make it near uninhabitable.

https://gizmodo.com/nyc-halts-work-on-critical-water-tunnel-because-who-ne-1769312539
>>
>only one bane reference
For shame
>>
>>35002470
Oddly, the Bay Area has a very active firearms community. I compare being a gun owner here to being gay in the deep south - it's all kinda underground, but if you know where to look, there's WAY more going on than you'd think.
>>
>>35002351

hello fbi honeypot
>>
>>35003467

Hi there big guy.
>>
>>35003413
Not necessarily using the water to attack roads but a lot of roads are built atop pipelines or flood reservoir channels that might give them structural weaknesses generally. I've seen plenty of roads collapse into a trench on top of some busted sewer/whatever line.
>>
File: IMG_1593.jpg (108KB, 646x959px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1593.jpg
108KB, 646x959px
>>35003474
Just tell us how you would attack a major urban center or the doggo gets it
>>
>>35003467
This isn't a faggot board
>>
cut off food supply lines
rip city folk
>>
What type of formation would be required to clear out a skyscraper? I feel like a battalion sized element would be needed to occupy something like the WTC or a similarly sized building. Defending a place like Manhattan would be a real bitch.
>>
File: IMG_1457.jpg (31KB, 654x358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1457.jpg
31KB, 654x358px
>>35003514
>this isn't a faggot board
Or perhaps he's wondering why his board is blue instead of red?
>>
>>35002351
We have 36000 NYPD and our counter terrorism rivals the federal government to the point detectives were in the middle East to collect and provide intel so plan accordingly.
>>
>>35003522
Depends how many deaths and how much property damage you're OK with.
>>
>>35003522
Alternatively:
Well placed explosives in skyscraper foundations
At most you'll need to clear the ground floor, basement and or sub basement
>>
>>35003465
thats a good idea. All pretty far underground.
Looks like you could collapse them if you got explosives.
Idk if you could do anything to stop a new tunnel being built around the obstruction though.

Would i be correct in assuming that each tunnel leads to some sort of station whereby it is either processed or pressurised+distributed into the system?

>>35003489
So if you got a map of the pipelines and matched it to the roads you could select areas to damage?

If you did this just before a big storm you could perhaps get a result?
>>
>>35003537
I would rate atleast 34000 of those a non issue, the only competent part of the NYPD is counter terrorism. The rest is school safety officers and traffic enforcement. If you really think the NYPD can go toe to toe with any sort of trained force, you're sadly mistaken.
>>
>>35003537
And how many panicky, unworldly faggots do you have to deal with? Panic is the weapon.
>>
I'm a lineman, and my cousin is a highway and bridge supervisor. The infrastructure of this Country is in fucking shambles. We both noted that we could basically shut down most of the West coast for a few months. This is what worries me so. Imagine if ISIS gets a man in air traffic control, or bridge maintenance, or a power plant. Nevermind 9/11, you could grind entire portions of the country to a dead halt. Imagine 500 Katrinas and L.A. riots at once.
>>
>>35003560
None of it is processed or pressurized, gravity is what brings that water to NYC, most if not all buildings have water tanks on the roof for adding pressure.
>>
>>35002351

MODS

FUCK OFF ANTIFA
>>
File: IMG_1562.jpg (129KB, 667x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1562.jpg
129KB, 667x501px
>>35003566
>imagine 500 Katrina's and L.A. Riots at once
It's...beautiful
This world will be cleansed in fire.
hahaha, hahahaha, HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>35002351
the electric grid is not secure at all...a few men with hand tools and knowledge of the right places to wreck could disrupt power to a major city for days or weeks...so almost nothing is the answer
>>
>>35002653
You wouldn't need to forcibly relocate the people, just stop using government funds to rebuild their shit every time a completely predictable hurricane wipes it out. In order to support oil, fisheries, and the port, NOLA should be about a tenth of the size it is. I live hundreds of miles inland where we don't have hurricanes, flooding outside a few lowlying wetlands, and no real destructive weather. Why should I pay to rebuild the homes and businesses every couple of years for people who decided to live in a flood plain.
>>
>>35003586
So is there a station of some sort to distribute the water from ?
Because if you could collapse that, as its underground, they are going to have to either dig it out or somehow dig beneath all of the skycrapers and large buildings to construct another one.
>>
>>35003566
Didn't california get knocked off the internet like twice last yearish by randoms shooting up a big transformer or substation or something?
>>
>>35003554
That would cause more problems than its worth, I'm talking about something similar to urban combat as witnessed in Stalingrad. Bringing down a skyscraper during hostilities would cause immense civilian casualties. In NYC, at the Citigroup Center. They used bolts instead of welds for fastening, and they calculated that if the joints failed due to wind load, the building collapse could cause the deaths of over 100,000 people.
>>
>>35003632
Depending on which tunnel, yes. The stations were built 100 years ago in some areas, and the actual valves to close up certain areas have corroded to the point that if they close them, they would never be able to open them. So thats a really big issue.
>>
>>35003641
I'm assuming the city would be evacuated of civies at this point, would I be wrong?
>>
>>35002439
>Urbanites have weak will

source?
>>
>>35003561
If your talking about a foreign invader you'd be dealing with the military, not the NYPD. Also, you'd never get them to the US. The Navy would sink them somewhere in the north atlantic.
>>
>>35003672
All humans have weak will.
>>
>>35003640
Idk but there was one guy a few weeks ago who knocked out internet to half of northern Arizona

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/02/26/poliice-probe-arizona-outage/24043367/

desu it does seem like a massively effective target
>>
>>35003664
There is virtually no way to evacuate the entire city in a reasonable amount of time. VIPs yes, but normal people no. You have dozens of entry points onto the island of Manhattan, which would be hard pressed to handle the orderly evac of people.. Henry Hudson Bridge, Midtown Tunnel, GWB, Brooklyn Bridge, Manhattan Bridge, Queensboro Bridge, Tri Boro, Verazzano,
>>
>>35003561
>>35003564
I worked EMS when I was younger and come from a big civil servant family. Esu is no joke as far as swat goes and highly competent on top of that thanks to being at war for the better part of the last century what kind of job so you think combat veterans go towards after the military? On top of the NYPD we have state police, fbi, dea,atf,corrections and most law.enforcements main head quarters in New York. The majority of the city isn't the liberals you see hanging out in Bushwick or wall street financiers old school new york still exist which consist of rough Italian and Irish families who like to chase black people with bats for walking through they neighborhood. After 9/11 the city went from being at each other's throats to collectively pulling cab drivers out of their cars and beating them for being terrorist. You under estimate the people.

Please if you want to do something target Deblasio and the city council everyone will approve.
>>
>>35003701
True, should've thought of that
>>
>>35003688
100% true, but its nice to remove some strengths of the US for the sake of argument.
>>
>>35003566
>a power plant

I work at a power plant, when we have unexpected shutdowns for equipment failures (about all you'd be able to do with a man inside the plant is sabatoge equipment and shutdown the plant), nobody loses power, our customers don't even notice.
>>
>>35002351
Stalingrad or Leningrad should be a good example why you just surround and move along
>>
>>35003698
I don't know shit about repairing fiber optic lines but that sounds like it would be a massive pain in the ass.
>>
>>35003706
Nig nogs are everywhere in the city now dude, the last irish and italian enclaves are slowly dying because of greedy landlords going section 8. Thats why I bought a house in the far northeast of queens. Theres some chinks around, but they're a god send compared to nigs and spics.
>>
Say if you cut an internet cable

Theyre usually repaired pretty quickly but what if you either covered the site with concrete or booby trapped the area so the bomb squad had to be called in first or even both?
You could leave it knocked out for several days.

>>35003662
So you could ruin the water supply *just* by closing a few valves?
Pretty interesting tbqh

I wonder how hard it would be to collapse a station.?
Theyre probably pretty massive so the right amount of explosive would be hard to come by.

On the other hand its likely all under a lot of weight from above so you may need less?

>>35003722
What if someone made a thermite charge and melted most of the key machinery together?
>>
>>35003717
But its pointless to discuss this in terms of cops vs enemy soldiers. Police are not trained or equipped to fight soldiers. Its not their job and there is no conceivable scenario in which they would have to, and they would get rolled over if they tried.
>>
>>35002351
Cut the power and kill cell towers and you kill the city.
>>
>>35003773
These stations are hundreds and hundreds of feet underground, and they're guarded by some really mean motherfuckers as well.
>>
>>35003754
I wish I had the screen cap, but their was a guy claiming he laid fiber optics, said if you cut just one line, you have to replace a whole miles worth of cable, not to mention the time it takes to find it
He said 1-3 days and thousands of dollars to fix that shit
>>
>>35003722
This may be true, I'm a lineman, but I could cut some very key lines and substations that would indeed be very difficult to fix.
>>
One (1) Big guy
>>
>>35003805
>>35003805
>>35003805
>>35003805
>>
>>35003805
...For you
>>
>>35002351
lots of niggers
>>
>>35003773
Our insurance company and our shareholders would be pissed and we'd probably never recover the plant, the company would have to buy the lost generation on the open market our customers wouldn't notice.

A while back we shut down for a week because a steam explosion blew a ten foot hole in the side of the building, none of our customers experienced an interruption in service.
>>
>>35003830
How are no customers affected? You must have some sort of redundancies, right? How do those work?>>35003830
>>
File: 1453662333095.png (145KB, 1787x921px) Image search: [Google]
1453662333095.png
145KB, 1787x921px
>>35003561
They're all pretty much a non-issue.

Beat cops with handguns, two spare mags, a shotgun with a two mag tubes of ammo and soft armor are NO match for even a competent light infantry team with organic small arms. Add booby-traps like the way Iraqi insurgents would put a 155mm shell in the house the Marines were trying to take and detonate it as they breached, and they're blue cannon fodder and will likely cease any offensive operations out of self preservation within hours of the commencement of hostilities.

The losses elite officers like SWAT take make them combat ineffective that much quicker being such a small element of any department.

We've had a Bane reference-I thought the trap the cops in the tunnels so they can take part in the stupid street brawl at the end was fucking stupid.

Fuel air bombs hidden in each precinct, triggered at shift change would have broken CGPD's ability to do anything beyond sneak around collect intelligence for a Spec Ops infiltration to re-take the city.

>>35003239
You rang? I've been curious how one gets the knowledge to target such systems without joining that profession. Like >>35003566 mentions, one day, one of the durkas is going to be able to contain his Mus-tism long enough to get a job in one of those fields and he'll be able to pull off some mega inside man terror shit.

CARVER Matrix is a thing.
>>
>>35002351
one man with a collateral briefcase homie
>>
>>35003801
Sure, we've had to down power because transformers at switchyards 60 miles away blew up (not take the unit offline completely, like a 20% derate). Even then, nobody who didn't work there would have noticed it happened.
>>
First of all you have to consider a few things

1)the NYPD are basically a division. Sure they might not be the best trained (or trained at all) but there are a fuckton of them and they can be mobilized rather quickly. New Yorkers love a boot up their ass and are willing to put up with an endless amount of civil liberties violations

2)NYC is surrounded by other states and cities that wouldn't exactly take kindly to a large groups of southern militias moving up here to fuck shit up. I'm from PA and I fucking hate New Yorkers but I'd gladly lend a hand and a rifle to any effort to push back a bunch of hillbilly shitkickers coming up here trying to avenge Sherman's march. The last thing I want are some Stromboli chomping wop shitheads coming in here as "refugees" to fuck up our sweet gun laws and eat up all our scrapple. Moving any amounts of large men would definitely cause a stir amongst better armed populi

3)the whole 10 man LARPer team of highly trained ex Delta Force 2 operatives sounds great in theory, but do you seriously think no one has tried anything like that before? again they'd have an entire division and probably the National Guard looking for their asses and most likely would only shut down the city for 10 days or so.
>>
>>35003767
I live on Staten Island so besides by the ferry on the north shore it's still very much the way it was but yea it has changed a lot.
>>
>>35003789
Yeah you would think so.
I would say hope so but i hate new york and dont care either way.

Wikipedia has a good tidbit about a station:

>The largest valve chamber is in Van Cortlandt Park. It is built 250 feet (76 m) below the park surface. When completed it will control the flow of water from the city's Catskill and Delaware systems.

>These systems provide 90 percent of the city's current drinking water.

>>35003830
Ah, so the thing here is the presence of the plants of other companies and the assumption of connection to the grid?

But the city needs transformers to make the power safe for mains electricity, so the question in this hypothetical situation is are there many small transformers or a few large ones?

Or indeed, could you not simply cut the main lines which carry the electricity?
>>
>>35002351
probably cut power, comprimise water sources, disable civil services and supplies transports
>>
>>35003849
I honestly think Muzzies are to low time preference and inept to do something like that though
>>
>>35002774
They could have brought in the State Guard then.
>>
>>35003871
If its bad enough they could even deploy DELTA since they can operate CONUS
>>
>>35003796
You can drop a splice box in and make repairs, it's a bit of a cunt but you don't usually have to replace the cable.

t. fibre optics supply knower
>>
>>35002351
hit the power transformer hubs.

if you know where they are.

There are several huge power transformer hubs underground inside NYC. You destroy them, even one, can bring an enormous portion of the city to a grinding halt.

They are underground, and fairly deep, and guarded really well.

Good luck op to find, and then destroy them, lmao.
>>
>>35003829
Only post that made any type of sense here and I'm not even full /pol/

Here's an idea for a twisted invidual who is not me and should be arrested if they ever were to try such a thing: drop the guns and the plate carriers and tactical army of god goatees and get a white van full of medicine balls and an Onyx tape (3.99) and about 3 gallons of bath salts. Get some Dindus from camden, the BX and some of the shittier areas and get them hopped up on bath salts, then throw them in the van and swerve around corners while blasting Onyx ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwiKvtax0Kk ), so the medicine balls hit them in the face. When they're all nice and riled up let them out in Williamsburg and other nicer hipster areas of town. After a few "cannibal attacks" these white hipster fucks will start to become more right wing. Remember, they love a boot up their ass. Finish your mission by dressing up as a Native American and doing a suicide machete attack in Time Square while shouting about stolen land or some shit. Congratulations, you have turned New York into Israel, a once 'liberal' shithole now turned into an overly militaristic yet whiny shithole that is afraid of it's own shadow and everyone fucking hates.
>>
>>35003842
The grid is interconnected, our customers aren't just plugged into our plant. I work at a nuke plant, so we are running 100% power pretty much all the time, but there are coal plants that don't run as much that they can dispatch if needed, they've got peakers to pick up while they spin up the coal plants.

Tldr; they'll fire up idling generators that are further down the dispatch order.
>>
>>35002565
Post bobs an vagene
>>
>>35003895
Under what circumstances do you have to replace the cable?
>>
File: AirwickGladeWarmers_880x.jpg (24KB, 621x516px) Image search: [Google]
AirwickGladeWarmers_880x.jpg
24KB, 621x516px
Antibiotic resistant virus in one of those plug in bathroom fresheners placed around various subway stations. Shouldn't take long honestly.
These airwick ones wouldn't work but the misting ones would do the trick
>>
>>35003945
Why not just go anthrax or VX ?
Or just flood the entire underground system with mustard gas.
>>
>>35003887
>there will never be a Delta Force game set in New York where you can press the B key to punch hipsters in the face like in the SWAT 4 expansion.
>>
File: Boston manhunt.jpg (89KB, 634x394px) Image search: [Google]
Boston manhunt.jpg
89KB, 634x394px
The Boston Bombers shut down a city for a day with some pressure cookers, fireworks and a gun. So just get a manhunt for terrorists going and the city will shut itself off.
>>
>>35003954
>mustard gas.
I thought mustard gas was heavy, you'd probably want something that is just as heavy as air so you get the passengers and the vent systems carry it to the streets too
>>
>>35003881
alsp take out nridges and hospitals, communicatipn systems, local news broadcasters.
it seem obvious what likely targets coukd be to "cripple" a city. nut the electric power grid is probably the single greatest effect
>>
>>35003966
Its heavy so it sticks in the underground system instead of being carried upwards.

Yes it would cause some trouble in the streets but it would disperse in the wind within a few days.

This way it will stick around and render he entire system unsafe to use, possibly for months.
>>
>>35003954
Because anthrax is tame compared to other shit out there
>>
File: IMG_0123.jpg (74KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0123.jpg
74KB, 600x600px
>>35003498
Aside from the very realistic responses so far, let me get into the violent and fantastical.

Plenty of tall buildings in a city like that, that domestic forces wouldn't want to structurally undermine. It'd be neat to see the result of mortars placed at high roof access.

Again, tall buildings so you could prep ahead of time by bringing stripped rifles in backpacks and hiding them in any floor on any tower that won't get too much attention.

Flamethrower squads for clearing thick crowds, with accompanying riflemen of course.

You could get your forces into the city with convoys of panel vans, broken into small parties or individually for less suspicion.
>>
>>35003986
This is all of course from a very limited perspective.
>>
File: IMG_1566.jpg (93KB, 658x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1566.jpg
93KB, 658x750px
>>35003986
>>
>>35003966
To clarify, miles upon miles of tunnels, the gas is everywhere, not going anywhere, and you have to get rid of *all* of it.

Mustard gas was specifically known for lurking in pockets in dugouts and trenches and foxholes during WW1 *long* after the gas attack, imagine how well it would retain in an enclosed tunnel system,
>>
>>35003966
You'd be right.
It's a liquid that is aerosolised by the explosion.
Would commonly freeze during the winter only to flow through trenches during the thaw.
>>
>>35003986
This sounds more like waging war/ a terrorist attack with a private army, just waltzing into the city and setting people on fire.

I mean you havent really outlined how to respond to or damage the city's organisation or fabric or a long term plan involving you not getting shot by a vengeful military.

I suppose mortars on rooftops are a reasonable idea but whats to stop a helicopter from stopping by and shooting you?

A better bet would be to take over a tower, hold everyone hostage and set up mortars on the roof.
Then tie up the hostages and put them on the roof too. Barricade and defend the entrance.
>>
>>35003239

The guy that ruined that star fort thread? That shit was hilarious.
>>
>>35002351
Convince everyone that giving blowjobs cures cancer.
>>
>>35003473
This guy knows what's up.
>>
>>35003690
>im gonna climb this mountain for fun because im such a weak willed pussy.
>>
>>35003925
Depends on the cable and how it's laid. If it's pulled/blown/jetted into duct, it's probably going to be cheaper, easier and all around better for everyone to just replace the cable. This is what you'd do in the UK, and BT Openfibre would likely have a suitable length in stock, if it was a critical job you just redirect an installation crew from something less important and have it done in around 12 hours.
In e.g. the US you're going to be finding more direct buried cables, and that's where you'd be splicing, unless you happen to have a slot cutter/moleplough handy for a short run. 1-3 days and $1-2k seems a reasonable guesstimate for anything over 96 fibres, more if you need to plant a handhole/manhole.
>>
>>35004096
I guess it's a matter of your goal and means, that point affects every way you do everything. But you're right that I neglected to cover responding to responders.

First, it seems to me that EDs would be easier to hide and have more effective detonations. Not only at the street level, but anywhere of high interest that's relatively hard to sweep.

Helicopters are a good refutation to rooftop mortars, but they do have a few vulnerabilities that a well placed high powered rifle could handle. That would take a very good shot on a civie or police helicopter, I'm just fucked in that regard against true combat 'copters.

Again, it's a matter of means and goal. With limited resources I'd be doing more if the pragmatic sabotage than Die Hard domestic terror
>>
>>35002351
Bane?
>>
>>35004395
Also I'd try to address domestic forces with divide and destroy tactics. Again with EDs, and also using radio surveillers and well placed riflemen

Keep in mind I'm bullshiting all of this to see if I'm strategically intelligent
>>
>>35003978
Jesus h christ proofread your post you hamfisted nigger
>>
>>35004395
Well i wouldnt do anything direct like this if it were my choice but he wanted to follow this hypothetical.
I suggested the hostages on the roof in order to negate the combat helicopters. Not sure if they would risk BRRRTTTTing over a hundred civilians.

Machine guns, as in actual heavy machineguns, can take out police helicopters quite easily, especially the people inside.

Were it my choice i would cut the internet cables, block the sewers with tyres and sponges, blow up one or more of a section of the water tunnels and flood the underground system with mustard gas in bombs placed on several stations and trains.

I think that hypothetical would cause more long term chaos
>>
>>35002351
Waste water treatment plant workers going on strike.
>>
>>35004249
So some cables are buried as is and some are in a sort of duct/pipe ?
>>
>>35002351
Just keep the Demoncats in office
The city is already on its knees
Soon it will be on a gurney!
>>
>>35004707
retard
>>
>>35004658
Yeah, it'll vary between operators. On the high end of things you've got the BT duct network which is a 4" PVC duct (think waste pipe) with 4 x 1.5" sub-ducts, each of which will have smaller HDPE ducts with low-friction liners which contain the actual cables. On the other end you've got the likes of the Dutch Reggefiber stuff, where you tend to see cables chucked into a couple of inches of sand with only a 14mm HDPE for protection. Direct burial cables will just have a really thick sheath/possibly armour as local regs require.
>>
>>35004241
the exceptions prove the rule. billions of people and only a mere few thousand do it.
>>
>>35002351
Just plant a statue of a Confederate war General in some crowded avenue and watch the city burn itself to the ground.
>>
>>35004753
Makes sense that the burial cables wouldnt just be replaced.

So could you be very cheeky and get a tractor and steal a direct burial cable?
>>
>>35004800
That's one of the reasons armoured cable is going out of style, metal free has no scrap value.
>>
>>35003706
Then why do they keep getting elected? Cities have and always will be liberal cesspools. Prone to anarchy and chaos at the slightest provocation.
>>
>>35004773
Because climbing a mountain is literally the only test of will.
>>
File: 1503024489832.png (341KB, 583x454px) Image search: [Google]
1503024489832.png
341KB, 583x454px
Stop the supply of Psychiatric medication for a month!
>>
>>35002351
Cut power, disable major logistical centers.
Nyc being an island would be easy. Taking out the gwb, Verrazano bridge and the Lincoln tunnel would probably suffice in causing irreparable damage.

And no, fuck off feds im not doing any of this.
>>
>>35002617
Except with schools given that nowadays you can get suspended for shitting a pistol shaped turd or having an 19th degree cousin that enjoys airsoft.
>>
>>35002351
Ban white people.
>>
>>35004813
So they bury them unprotected now?
>>
>>35004915
HDPE. Gyppos like metal, plastic isn't a good target for robbery.
>>
>>35003554
It's been tried. It didn't work too well.
>>
>>35003441

Biological terrorism has been proposed in DHS scenarios, but anothe r thing that could cripple cities and rural areas

The agroterrorism threat emanates from four categories of perpetrators. The foremost threat is posed by transnational groups, like al Qaeda—widely believed to present the most probable threat of inflicting economic harm on the United States.

The second group is comprised of economic opportunists tempted to manipulate markets. They understand that a foot and mouth disease (FMD) outbreak, for example, would have a dramatic impact on markets. By introducing the virus, they could exploit the markets for personal economic gain.

The third category includes domestic terrorists who may view the introduction of FMD as a blow against the federal government. As an outlier of this category, the unbalanced individual or disgruntled employee may perpetrate an attack for a variety of idiosyncratic or narcissistic motivations.

Because it lacks the drama and spectacle of more common terrorist violence, such as bombings and murders, agroterrorism has remained a secondary consideration, and no documented attacks in the homeland have occurred since 9/11. Several recent factors may have made agroterrorism a more attractive tactic.

The first involves direct losses due to containment measures, such as stop-movement orders (SMOs) or quarantines of suspected stock. Additional costs would arise from the culling and destruction of disease-ridden livestock.11 Second, indirect multiplier effects, such as compensation to farmers for destruction of agricultural commodities and losses suffered by directly and indirectly related industries, would arise.12 And, third, international costs would result from protective trade embargoes. Less measurable consequences would include the undermining of confidence in and support of government, creation of social panic, and threat to public health on the national and global levels.
>>
part 2

The first involves direct losses due to containment measures, such as stop-movement orders (SMOs) or quarantines of suspected stock. Additional costs would arise from the culling and destruction of disease-ridden livestock.11 Second, indirect multiplier effects, such as compensation to farmers for destruction of agricultural commodities and losses suffered by directly and indirectly related industries, would arise.12 And, third, international costs would result from protective trade embargoes. Less measurable consequences would include the undermining of confidence in and support of government, creation of social panic, and threat to public health on the national and global levels.

Given its ease of execution and low cost to high benefit ratio, agroterrorism fits the evolving strategy of al Qaeda that focuses on inexpensive but highly disruptive attacks in lieu of monumental ones. Agroterrorism could exacerbate the social upheaval caused by random bombings. The ability to employ cheap and unsophisticated means to undermine America’s economic base, combined with the added payoff to potentially overwhelm its counterterrorism resources, makes livestock- and food-related attacks increasingly attractive.13

First, unlike biological warfare directed against humans, no issue of weaponization exists. In an FMD attack, the animals themselves serve as the primary medium for pathogenic transmission, and countries as close as those in South America offer a ready source of the virus. As one analyst described it, the virus “can be spread by simply wiping the mucus from an infected animal on a handkerchief and then transferring the virus to healthy animals by wiping their noses…by stopping on a highway in rural America and releasing the virus among curious livestock an outbreak could be initiated.”18

Second, FMD is nonzoonotic, presenting no risk of accidental human infection.
>>
>>35003537
Of these 36000 thousand you have maybe 1500 that actually know how to use their weapons, are competent marksman and can form any sort of organized resistance. The rest of it dead weight.
>>
>>35005099
NYPD also have retarded weapon requirements too, right? Like the 13lb glock triggers since they couldn't get a safety. Hard for anyone to shoot shit with awful gimped duty weapons.
>>
Anything to cause panic should be enough. Don't even need guns.

A place as confined (it's an island) and populated as Manhattan would require a quick and powerful response regarding almost any emergency. If the situation were just right it would be almost too easy for the response from the authorities to make the situation even worse causing a vicious cycle ending with the national guard in armored vehicles just to keep order.

The situation would last a few days minimum and have a noticeable effect on global markets.
>>
>>35003079
Lol no its a port city
>>
>>35005155
Wont make a difference if that many people in that small space have no water or light or heat
>>
>>35005155
How are you going to pump that boat gas with no electrics? How are you going to use cranes to unload? Etc. etc.
>>
>>35003537
>NYPD counter terrorism rivals the federal government to the point detectives were in the middle East to collect and provide intel

And everyone except the NYPD thought it was a fucking joke.
>>
>>35004821
Because politicians know that keeping government gibs programs guarantee a huge voting block but that doesn't mean the other side doesn't exercise their vote. Where I live is the only borough the votes Republican in the elections and only one with elected republicans it's also the whitest borough and the most blue collar per capita population. Deblasio doesn't even visit here do to our hostility towards him and if he does stays in the black area. 10% of 9 million people is still a big number who don't support the bull shit but why should we be chased from our homes and give in?
>>
>>35002351
Computer engineer here, I studied a fuckton of telecommunications during college and now I work in the area and can confirm that a small and determined crew can easily knock off the internet a gigantic city like NY. I won't go so far as to say that half a dozen guys could do it in a day, I'd say that number would closer to 40. Based on how much damage they cause, it would take upwards to several weeks to get the most critical parts of the city online. And yes, it's ridiculously easy to knock a cellphone tower of the internet.
>>
>>35003624
They didnt really choose to. Its just those cities were made by native americans so they could trade animal pelts. They didnt know it would be a major city.
>>
>>35005204
Who's everyone? How many departments even have that capability? How many major attacks has the city had since 2001 compared to the rest of the world who doesn't posses that capability?
>>
>>35005210
Knock out towers & power in quick succession and you've got guaranteed chaos. Maybe add in a couple of total bastards with rifles on rooftops as a catalyst.
>>
>>35005155
Port city or no, the infrastructure does not exist to ship and distribute water into NYC by boat, and it couldn't be developed before massive disruption took place.

>>35005203
Any port in the developed world is going to have backup generators, so that's not really the issue.
>>
>>35005256
Super stopgap stuff, how you gonna pump that generator gas?
>>
>>35002401
This
>>
File: anti tiger rock.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
anti tiger rock.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>35005247
>Who's everyone?
Everyone. Except you, apparently.

>How many departments even have that capability?
How many departments need it?

>How many major attacks has the city had since 2001 compared to the rest of the world who doesn't posses that capability?
How many major terror attacks have taken place in other major American cities that don't have that "capability?"
>>
>>35005277
>how you gonna pump that generator gas?
With the generator?
>>
>>35002401
>Run around the backwoods shooting up substations/transformers

He said NYC, not NY. Any shot fired in the city would ring out for blocks and attract cops
>>
>>35004731
Don't knock it; it worked quite well in Venezuela, and everywhere else it's been tried.
>>
>>35005330
Do you think the electricity NYC uses is primarily generated in the city?
>>
>>35005126
Bloomberg Claims NYPD “7th Biggest Army in World”
>>
>>35002551
>I'd say for a city like NYC, a cell of 12 well trained men in 2-3 man teams would bring the city to a halt. US Emergency response is woefully inept, as we're seeing right now with the hurricane.

This isn't fucking India. The NYPD and SWAT (not saying they're the same) have to deal with retarded gang shits everyday. In addition, Hurricane Harvey is being handled relatively well, given the circumstances.
>>
File: drumpflets.jpg (32KB, 960x151px) Image search: [Google]
drumpflets.jpg
32KB, 960x151px
>>35005361
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
>>
>>35005417
And when Gulf War 1 started the Iraqi Army was the 4th largest in the world. They still got punked.
>>
>>35005210

didnt a boat kill all the internet to somalia by accidentally dropping anchor on the internet cable?
>>
>>35005330
Tell that to the niggers.
>>
>>35002351
Destruction of the power plant(s) feeding the city power
>how?
>thermite
>>
>>35004835
Walk up and down your block and count how many neighbors you know that preform """""Extreme""""" tasks for the sole purpose of because they want to the divide that by everyone else and you will have the ratio for your local area.
>>
>>35005667
I don't talk to my neighbors I just wave to them as I'm driving up the street. There could be chicken fights across the street and i wouldn't know.
>>
>>35005417
Bloomberg's brain is 2nd smallest in the world, so I'm not surprised he doesn't understand how militaries work.
>>
>>35006000
Dont go to a chickenfight if you get invited. I thought it would be cool and edgy, a fellow cook invited me and the event got very real. Plus being a gringo there didnt help :( More uncomfortable than when I paid to see a donkey penetrate a human female lets say that.
>>
>>35002545
And some pity for the fool...
>>
>>35002740
Cedar Fuckin Rapid VS. Houston Texas.
Are you really trying to make that comparison?
Does any actually live in Cedar Rapids?

You pull everyone out before a hurricane, let it pass, then go back in and repair the damage.
Besides, TXNG will handle their business, ani't worried.

>>35003624
If you want things like gasoline, plastics and seafood- people will need to live and work on the coast.
>>
>>35002351
>be a rather large gentleman
>wait till big football match
>blow up all bridges into city
>blow up football stadium at same time
>broadcast that you have a nuke in city and will detonate it if anyone tries to exit or enter city
>>
>>35004018
They also used literal metric tons of the stuff and medical care was shitty, you fucking nonce.
>>
>>35003473
"We have good 2A communities! We just have to hide like Jews from the Nazis"

Keep thinking you are 2A...
>>
>>35005307
>implying
>implying
>implying

It's called looking at it from a realistic point of view instead of playing Arm chair general stop watching movies like white house down and go outside.
>>
>>35002901
Cops don't exist?
>>
>>35002351
>attack powergrid
>station airborne long range artillery in new jersey
>station AA throughout the city
>rig tall buildings with explosives and gather up hostages in areas of interest
>send tank battalions with heavy infantry support in the streets
>seize bridges, destroy others
>dump 50 000 tons of oil in the rivers
>threaten to light it on fire if national guard doesn't surrender
>station naval fleet on the coast with anti submarine measures
>open multiple logistical routes
>>
i had thought abou this, what would happen if you made a container out of sugar and place some wasps in there? Go to a large shopping street in big town and hide a glass of wresh wasps in every store. after the wasps freed themselves they go rampage, or are hornets better? Asking this for drawing a webcomic
>>
File: 1498206130300.gif (2MB, 280x358px) Image search: [Google]
1498206130300.gif
2MB, 280x358px
>>35006225
>>
You need A LOT of explosives, for blowing up power stations, not the whole station, but enough of a boom to disable them.
You need about 50 mislead fighters that start shit before that, sacrifice all of them, have the police busy with them while you shut the lights down.
You need a team of people on the radios spreading false info, NY is under attack, race war, keep indoors, army is besieging the city.
You need gun runners distributing heavy shit into NY, not pistols or even assault rifles, but grenades (they are the cheapest)
Use the fucking city against itself.
You need a fuckton of dedicated people and those you lie to to sacrifice them.
Also, >>35006225 herd the cattle into the barn if you can.
>>
>>35003520
underated post. We've used sieges for a damn long time for a reason.

Take out the bridges and tunnels (modest goals) and they're already majorly fucked. Keep a proper blockade for 6 days? They'll start killing themselves over the last can of tomatoes.
>>
>>35006300
Its not about killing people, its about causing chaos.

You would need a load of the stuff but we are hardly in the little leagues when we are trying to bring New York city to a halt.
>>
>>35003561

Isn't it better to assume total competency on the part of your opponent and then plan accordingly? Better to overestimate.
>>
>>35002351
Two planes and one unexplained explosion.
>>
>>35003945
>Antibiotic resistant virus
Guess how I know you're retarded?
>>
File: 1479524149324.png (267KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
1479524149324.png
267KB, 600x598px
>>35003514
>>
>>35007896
Didnt cripple the city, just caused a little panic, especially as they collapsed in on themselves so neatly
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.