[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paintball/Airsoft Tactics in Real Combat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: paintshit.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
paintshit.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Is there any place for the ultra-light, ultra-mobile, ambidextrous Paintball rationale in real combat?

I know from my years of airshit LARPing that while the 30 pound plate carrier and tacticool AR look cool, they totally fuck your mobility. My friends and I have gone more towards a minimal chest rig or battle belt layout, saving weight and keeping shit from slowing us down.
Paintball takes this to a further extreme, with mobility and suppression reigning king over anything else.

I think a new type of soldier, one with a sprinter's physique and not much to carry would be a much more effective fighting force for any kind of close combat.
>>
You're a faggot. I cant believe you wore a plate carrier and railed gun in airsoft. 0/10 tryhard LARP.

Yes, it's called being a fucking taliban. And you're an idiot. Combat isnt the same as speedball.
>>
>>35002209
>30 pound plate carrier
Why would you carry around a plate carrier with plates in it for airshit?

The point of carrying a plate carrier is to...carry plates. Because real bullets kill you.
>>
>>35002209
>30 pound plate carrier

Dude. Medium ESAPIs are like, five and a half pounds apiece. And if you're a civilian who doesn't care about perfect protection, you can get III+ PE plates that are 3lb apiece. Are you wearing AR500?
>>
>>35002224
You'd be surprised the levels of autism you see at an airsoft field. I see people unironically wearing UCP and legit MICHs on the regular.
>>
>>35002209

>having your hopper pop open and lose half of your balls just to do a flashy dive into cover
>>
>>35002263
>not putting a big strip of duct tape over your hopper to keep it shut

/k/ protips #2015+2. We're here for you anon.
>>
>>35002224
>>35002238
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_Tactical_Vest

I was referring to the current issue carriers in the military, which range from ~25 pounds (IBA) to ~35 pounds (IOTV) WITHOUT AMMO.

Talking about the military here, not /gq/
>>
There's a video from that guy that killed all those cops in Texas last year where he basically bunkers one of the cops, so there is some utility out of those types of hyper-aggressive tactics. It's super risky though.
>>
>>35002209
Are you a speedsoft fag? Do you play on artificial playgrownds?
>>
>>35002281
No-one wears IBA, except maybe national guard; and IOTVs as actually worn don't weigh that much, unless maybe you're in mech land and simultaneously have a retard CO who makes everyone wear the extra combat diaper, DAPS, etc. And in that case, you're mounted.

Light infantry get plate carriers.

And if you're military, you're probably in shape and used to doing a plate carrier run twice a month along side combat focused PT twice a month (aka wearing a plate carrier while doing rope climbs, burpees, sprints, etc).

Basically: you a pussy and a neverserved.
>>
File: tywin mfw.gif (7KB, 95x123px) Image search: [Google]
tywin mfw.gif
7KB, 95x123px
>>35002317
I think if a squad were well coordinated and able to lay down massive suppressive fire, maneuvers like that could be pretty effective.

Think weapons like the P90, which are light, have a high capacity in a small space and have a high ROF.

>inb4 >5.7
>>
>>35002364
I picked the IBA because it's the lightest 'current issue' armor in the US military. Whether or not you leave some side plates behind, and whether or not you're a big huge manly man tough guy, your armor, ammo, water, comms, etc are GOING to slow you down and make it harder to maneuver in close quarters.
>>
>>35002415
So are you saying a force with no armor or water or comms, just P90s with spare ammo, and sprinter's bodies would be an effective fighting force? Because you played airsoft with a plate carrier a few times and it was too heavy?
>>
File: IMG_0622.png (522KB, 500x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0622.png
522KB, 500x682px
>>35002493
Not at all. I think smaller squad-sized elements like that would fill a niche. I understand that 99% of military engagements take place well outside of what can be considered 'close quarters,' but when it comes to clearing streets and kicking in doors our current loadouts just aren't very well suited. The concept would probably be better suited for counter-terrorism or police work, where the enemy is likely to be entrenched rather that mobile.
>>
>>35002372
Why not an american 180? couldn't that work assuming they use a shorter barrel? It holds more rounds and can lay down suppressive fire for longer.
>>
File: IMG_0519.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0519.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>35004209
>mfw I watch achmed get torn to shreds by a team of speedballers
>mfw 200 rounds of .22lr impact my skull in 1 second
>>
>>35002209
> Airshit and paintball larper
> thinking he has any clue about actual combat tactics

Why do you think people do such retarded rambo stuff in paintball? Because worst case scenario they get a bit of a sting and some paint on them.
Why do you think military tactics and techniques are drilled into you with such repitition and such little scope for fucking up and dont involve mad dashes over 200m spraying wildly and diving about like fucking action man? Because if you dont do things properly, you or your mates can get shot and killed
>>
>>35002209
i fucking hate people like you
>>
>>35002372
you mean like the guys in armor do now

so how are you going to fair against guys in armor then

you fucking faggot
>>
>>35002612
>The concept would probably be better suited for counter-terrorism or police work
>The concept of rushing into a room using speed and aggression to overwhelm the senses of the defenders
So, literally exactly what they already do?
>>
>>35002217
>>35005287
>>35005311

ITT: stop having fun
>>
>>35005381
this thread isn't fun
it was never going to be fun
>>
other disciplines than speedball exist, you know

that said, paintball is both just a game but also requires the ability to aim, the abilitiy to move without getting hit, etc.

if i could have a platoon of infantry who were paintball players once versus one who were all not, i'd rather the paintballers. it's a bit of extra running around being able to instinctively identify cover, etc. they're not TRAINED OPER8ORZ but hey, at least theyve handled a gun before, unlike most recruits, and theyve probably been running around from cover to cover while dressed in big puffy plastic armor suits, so i guess they at least have an understanding of hiding from getting shot, and probably have better cardio than i do
>>
>>35002209
Modern infantry (regular old grunts) can sprint and run and hike for miles with heavy shit. They do it regularly.

Combat isn't always dudes vs dudes in close quarters. You have to dress to prepare for all kinds of shit. I get what your saying but it would definitely not apply like you think it would in real combat.
>>
>>35005685

That's what I was unsuccessfully trying to get at. The raw mobility and ability to shoot ambidextrously at crazy angles would give them a huge advantage, especially against an enemy that wouldn't expect it.
>>
>>35005781
not a huge advantage, but still; i'd rather the people who have been playing a cardio-heavy gun-based sport over the group who was... just not doing that.

You're trying too hard to bait by taking things to unreasonable conclusions, when those conclusions arent that unreasonable.
>>
a thread died for this
>>
>>35005685
Id rather the blank slates than the guys with preconceived notions and potentially bad habits about how to respond to situations. Cover from paintballs is not cover to bullets, and if playing a sport or not playing a sport makes a difference then they were not trained hard enough and should not have deployed.
>>
>>35005876
>people who play paintball dont fear death

i think you might have autism, man
>>
>>35005876
Throwing out years of shooting experience and muscle memory for a less fit less experienced recruit sounds like a bad plan
>>
>>35002612
>Have highly mobile infantry
>Send them on an assault against entrenched fighters where mobility is null because the fighters aren't going anywhere and in good defensible positions
>>
>>35002239

>You'd be surprised the levels of autism you see at an airsoft field. I see people unironically wearing UCP and legit MICHs on the regular.

Fucking this.
>>
>>35002209
seems like good exercise desu

youve inspired me to actually try either airshit or splatball
>>
>>35005895
A paintballer might habitually gravitate towards paintball cover, like drywall or trees, which will get him killed when hadji opens up with a PK.
>>35005929
Shooting a paintball gun is not shooting experience and as I said, if recruits fitness going into basic has any bearing on your recruits fitness going out then your training is shit. Experience with paintball is simply of questionable value IRL conditions, since they tech you everything you need to know in basic or boot.
>>
>>35006006
You should. I don't understand the stigma surrounding airsoft and paintball on this board, especially because it's getting people actively interested in shooting and military stuff.
>>
>>35002209
I find the idea that you are proposing interesting, sadly the way you put it and the fact that you identified yourself as a huge faggot ruined it.
>>
>>35002209
I see your point, but the problem is inherently to it being a sport.
You see, in paintball hitting all the other team while not getting completely wipe out is a victory, that is not true in combat, "We killed 10 guys and they only killed 9 of us, so we win!" does not work, normally taking casualties means you are doing something wrong.
There is another BIG point to consider, in paintaball you know the enemy, how many and their general position, same is not true in combat.
That's why painballers can get away with such aggressive and over-mobile tactics, they can take risks that wouldn't be permissible in the military and they got guaranteed info of their opponent.
Closer that comes to mind are the Stormtroopers from WWI, but as you see they have run out of favor.
>>
>>35006227
Nothing wrong with Paintball or Airsoft as game or sports, but they are not real experience in shooting or military stuff, just like videogames for example, therefor they are not gun related. It's like saying bicycle guys shouldn't be frowned upon in motorbike threads, specially if you see said fags LARPing with full-face helmets and full protective gear.

Also I would disagree on your statement, people don't get into firearms because airsoft/paintball, they get into those because they think shooting looks cool/excitign, but they just want to have the fun.
>>
>>35002209
Armor makes you slow, but it can stop bullets. You cannot outrun bullets anyway, but you can stop them with armor.
>>
>>35006513
let's face it, even with armor, if you get shoot with a rifle bullet you are not gonna die, but you are gonna be non-combat capable for a while
>>
>>35002224
Train how you fight, in the gear you'll be fighting in.

I bet when SHTF you're not going to be standing in one spot shooting at stationary targets in a t-shirt and shorts shorts like how you usually "train."
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.