[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy a Spanish Mauser or start building a poor man's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: imsorry.png (708KB, 1236x674px) Image search: [Google]
imsorry.png
708KB, 1236x674px
Should I buy a Spanish Mauser or start building a poor man's ar15 or buy a maverick 88 or Stevens 320 tier shotgun???

A BLACK POWDER PISTIL????

I'M SCARED!!!!!
>>
>>35000679
all of them.
>>
>>35000679
You need to answer the 5 w's.
who what when where why
>What are you buying
>Where are you located
>When do you need it
>Why do you want it
>Who are you
>>
>>35000679
Yes.
>>
>>35000693
>What
My first gun ever! I want to get into shooting proper , coming from an archery background. I am now of age to buy a gun. I'd like ammo to be tolerably cheap for someone like me but still big enough that I could defense myself with it should something horrible happen
>where
America!
>when
It doesn't have to be right now right now but I'd like it pretty soon, within a year maybe.
>why
Cause shooting seems fun!
>who
I'm a guy
>>
>>35000714
Palmetto State AR
16" Mid Length.
Can be had for <$500 during one of their sales.
They have sales everyday.
Learn to shoot it and then move on to better guns.
ammo is <$300 per 1000 rounds
>>
>>35000734
>implying it isn't cheaper to build your own
>>
>>35002505
>>35000734
Anon doesn't say anything about building, building will never be cheaper unless OP somehow has all the tools needed (unlikely for nogun). PSA sells fully assembled ARs for under 500, sometimes right around 400.

>>35000679
OP, would you rather have a semi-auto rifle, shotgun, or pistol? or maybe bolt rifle? Start there and you'll be able to get some good advice.
>>
>>35000679
I'd start with the Mauser, AR-15s will only increase in price with inflation, they have been permanently commodified by proliferation, but the Mauser will be subject to market forces as their supply eventually dries up.

Also don't bother with the imported poorfag shotguns, a Mossberg 500 or 590 really is at least that much better.

Pay attention to the Glock trade in market, with a new model introduced, there'll be a glut of trade ins over the next year and that's the best way to score a deal on a used pistol.
>>
>>35000714
Definitely a PSA-tier AR-15 to start. Milsurp is memey as fuck. Never buy a plastic gun, just to piss this >>35002660 anon off.
>>
>>35002505
It isn't
>>
>>35002660
>AR-15s will only increase in price with inflation
ALL prices increase with inflation you moron
>>
>>35002733
Yes, but some goods will see their prices increase faster than inflation.

Or do you think the American dollar is worth 250/40ths what it was in 2007?
>>
>>35000714
Blackpowder is extremely fun, but don't start with it.

Milsurp isn't as good or as bad as >>35002660 or >>35002699 seem to think. If you like history, I recommend one. Spanish Mausers are kinda shit though compared to any other milsurp, which is a shame because 7mm is a great cartridge.

Shotguns are fun to do retarded stuff with, but they can get old pretty quick.

As much as it pains me to say it, an AR15 is a really good choice.
>>
>>35000679
As I end up saying about twice a week around here, milsurp is at this point for collectors only - buying it just to get a cheap shooter is pants-on-head retarded. if nothing else, if you're a poorfag, you have to consider the price and availability of ammo. Surplus ammunition has pretty much all dried up, and almost any milsurp caliber will be expensive and hard to find compared to a common caliber like .308 or .223/5.56. Remember that it's not just about initial purchase price, but about total cost of ownership - there's no point in buying a cheap rifle that you end up not being able to afford to shoot. It's also worth remembering that milsurp guns come without a warranty, without tech support, and without any guarantee of availability of spare parts, so if it breaks, you may or may not be SOL.

In addition, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES but a "gunsmith special" firearm. The price on them is cheap for a reason - they're broken guns that the dealer is selling off cheap to gunsmiths who will almost certainly strip them for parts. If you're a newguns, fixing them will be beyond your abilities, and you'll end up 1) spending more fixing the rifle than it was worth to you 2) hurting yourself with amateur gun repairs or 3) both.

Again, buy milsurp ONLY if you love the history of the rifle you're buying. If you just want a cheap shooter, the Maverick is pretty much the new poorfag standard. I have one and like it a lot - you won't be disappointed with it.

Finally, as for black powder, I have one of these and absolutely love it. It's dirt-cheap, very accurate, and a good way to cozy up to the world of black powder: https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/63968/Firearms/Muzzleloaders/Black+Powder+Rifles/CVA+PR2110+Wolf+209+Magnum+Break-Action+50cal+24+Blued%2FBlack
>>
>>35003423
dont listen to this FUCKER

Get a rifle, shotguns can run out of fun fast if its your only shooter
get the mauser
>>
>>35003486
>Get a rifle, shotguns can run out of fun fast if its your only shooter
Uhm... no. There's literally no reason to say that.
>get the mauser
You know what can *really* run out of fun fast? Paying $20-30 for a box of ammo for that Mauser instead of $5-6 for a box of target load shotgun shells.
>>
>>35003529
>he thinks its that expensive
>>
>>35004327
>paying $1.50 a round to shoot some shitty $180 mauser
>>
>>35004534
And your alternative is to buy a shotgun and be bored after 1 trip to the range
>>
>>35000714
>First gun
.22, nigger. Always get a .22 first unless you really, REALLY need a gun for defense or some shit, in which case 12ga/.223/9mm is powerful enough and cheap...ish, but get a fucking .22 ASAP.
>>
>>35004600
Thanks uncle fudd.

Op just do what I told you.
>>
>>35004560
Nope - that totally hasn't happened to me yet. Have you considered that you might just have ADD?
>>
>>35004755
Do you always feel the need to attack people for no reason
>>
>>35000693
By that, let's see what you weirdos can guide me into.
>what are you buying
A 44 lever action. That's the plan at least.
>where are you located
The great wild lands of West Virginia. Occasionally visit family and folks in some rather cucked places and don't want the chance of being hastled over muh gun
>when do you need it
Sooner is always better than later. Would like it for some innawoods if I can't consistently get people together for such matters.
>why do you want it
I'm a fucking American with a max of 500 bucks to spend, seeking something that has a general handyness, well powered cartridge and has an action that makes for a fun time on the range
>who are you
A goddamn American male under the age of 21.
>>
>>35004859
It's not a bad plan, but .44 Magnum is pretty expensive. If you are willing to shell out Money, try and find a used Marlin or Henry in .44. If you are willing to do .38 Special/.357 Magnum (it is a lot cheaper), a Rossi 92 will work well and can be had for $500 new, depending on your local gun shops.
>>
>>35004859
>>35004914
Additionally, being under 21 will make getting the handgun ammunition hard in stores. A lot of shops I went to before I was 21 outright refused to sell me .45 Colt, even when I told them it was for my levergun.
>>
>>35004983
Now there is something I hadn't considered. Thanks for that.
>>
>>35005030
Standard response. Ruger 10/22. Lever action .22s can get pricey. If you want cheap and basic, the 10/22 will do great. I would recommend getting the wood stock one with fiber optic sights, same price as usual and better sights since stock ruger sights are absolute garbage. Otherwise get tech sights. And you can always upgrade it down the line as you gain experience and money. And no, the shortage on .22 has largely ended. Most gun stores and outdoor stores will have .22 reasonably priced. If you're dead set on a lever action, henry golden boy is pretty good.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.