[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i am having a potato moment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

so kommandos i have encountered a problem with a project of mine i copied the howell modification for the lee enfield that turned i into a semiauto rifle for one of my mosins. the issue i have ran into was that with the mosin's simple trigger it turned it into a slam-firing full auto rifle (only when the trigger is held down) my question to you is if there is a trigger group i can get that can only be semi-auto that i can buy so i don't have to get creative with the existing trigger group to prevent legal actions for this
>>
Brace yourself for the incoming dogpocalypse op. Party van is inbound.
>>
>I inadvertently committed a federal felony
>better post about it on the internet

RIP OP
>>
Rest in RIParoni OPS dog
>>
If it fires when you hold the trigger down but need to still cycle something to fire you are ok I think

Look at those crank handles for ar15s for example
>>
hypothetically speaking of course, i would not be so dumb as to actually do it without a plan to prevent possible issues such as this
>>
You just need a disconnector dummy. the ar15 one is obviously widely available for copying.
>>
>>35000625
Could you have the firing pin out too much?
Also what ammo are you using? Surplus typically has harder primers compared to commercial or reloaded ammo. Might be a factor.

Accidental slamfire machines are not an issue. If you can not fix it, scrap it and the ATF will have nothing on you.
>>
>>35000625
im gonna need some theoretical details on how one would theoretically do this to a theoretical rifle
for educational purposes of course
>>
We are gonna need some pictures op
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U682yOpNafg

this video explains the operation
>>
>>35000625
>mosin
>if there is a trigger group i can get that can only be semi-auto
i don't believe you made that.
>>
>>35000625
>hey guis, I figured out a way to make a mosin into an automatic
You fuck! Do you have any idea what you've done!

Now I have to go put the bayonet on my mosin and start using it to dig a hole, to hide all my mosins in, before some fuck decides to make them illegal.
>>
>>35000625
Jesus Christ imagine the recoil
>>
I thought /k/ would be harder to bait.
>>
File: 1495836390319.png (99KB, 330x385px) Image search: [Google]
1495836390319.png
99KB, 330x385px
>>35000999
That assumption is what confirms that you are a newfag.

>rest in piss if you aren't OP and this shit is real

Note that even in the face of it being decreed bait, I cannot help but take the bait
>>
>>35000999
we like bait.
>>
op here
the issue is that with the trigger held down the piece the holds the bolt back is still out of the way so the action doing its thing causes the firing pin to just poke its happy head out and hit the primer ... starting the process over again.

i was wondering if there is something i could just replace ie installing a timney trigger or something. but right now im researching ar triggers seeing in i can incorporate that idea of a interrupting sear into my design
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>35001118 firing pin not bolt... i am to tired to be thinking technically right now. either way mosin made to simple need make trigger more complicated.
>>
File: 1502676618509.jpg (32KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
1502676618509.jpg
32KB, 500x288px
>I copied this incredibly complex conversion which implies that I am a fairly competent gunsmith but was too stupid to realize that it would require some kind of trigger disconnect
Wew lad, that's some shit bait you have there. Enjoy your end of (((summer))) replies
>>
>>35001285
Im not saying OPs for real or that making a conversion is easy but its rather simple. Really its just a piston rigged onto the side with a cam path for the bolt on the end.
>>
>having a return spring strong enough to operate the cock on close mosin bolt would require a ridiculous amount of pressure to operate the action
>>
>>35001676
Mosin is cocked on open though.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.