[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

12th SS Panzer Division

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1384.jpg (55KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1384.jpg
55KB, 500x368px
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/12th_SS_Panzer_Division_Hitlerjugend

I find it Amazing that the British and Canadaians considered this the most formidable German unit they faced in Normandy.

Literally a bunch of teenagers fighting to complete destruction.
>>
>>35000432
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/12th_SS_Panzer_Division_Hitlerjugend

Healthy, reasonably fit, and non-autistic teenagers make terrific soldiers with proper training and strong guidance from competent NCOs. Particularly when they are fighting for a cause they so fervently believe in that they are willing to fight to the death for.
>>
File: GIbootsSS.png (1MB, 728x971px) Image search: [Google]
GIbootsSS.png
1MB, 728x971px
My grandpa was a Panzergrenadier in the 12. SS Panzerdivision under Kurz "Panzer" Meyer.

Got captured by british soldiers and got transfered to US POW camp. There some GI gave his boots to him, cause his ones were totally wasted.

Pic is from the GI boots my grandpa got. Edwin Heitz was the name of the GI.
>>
File: GIbootsSS2.png (1MB, 728x971px) Image search: [Google]
GIbootsSS2.png
1MB, 728x971px
>>35000514
*Kurt Meyer not Kurz
>>
>>35000514
>>35000527
Aesthetic as hell, would totally wear on the street.
>>
>>35000540
One shoe size to small for my feet :(
>>
>>35000540
pirate boots? cmon
>>
>>35000432
>Healthy teenagers drawn from the Hitler Youth with strong indoctrination for the cause
>Senior battle-hardened NCOs

I think you know what happens when men who have a fanatical devotion to the cause can do in modern times OP.
>>
File: 12thdiv.jpg (43KB, 339x602px) Image search: [Google]
12thdiv.jpg
43KB, 339x602px
i put that picture on a shirt
>>
>>35001748
Nice.
>>
>Literally a bunch of teenagers fighting to complete destruction.
And their instructors, who had a great deal of experience.

The average age of a 12th SS Division trooper was probably only a year or so below the average among his Canadian or British opposition.
>>
>>35000432
>a bunch teenagers who'd grown up indoctrinated, fighting for a cause they thought they couldn't lose and totally willing to die for it
Vs
>A bunch of teenagers who knew the allies were going to win eventually and didn't particularly want to die before the war was over

Well gee, I wonder why they were feared so much.
>>
>>35001748

Cringey as fuck
>>
File: mfw.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>35001951
how will i ever recover
>>
>>35001837
The division was criticized for performing inadequately in the opening days of the Normandy campaign.[11] and Canadian Brigadier Harry Foster later noted that "no use was made of the fact that the Reginas' flanks were exposed; instead, the enemy flung himself straight against the strongest points and utterly failed to exploit the undoubted weakness of his opponent's position"
doesnt sound that formidable desu
>>
>>35002018
By not being such a faglord I guess, you probably don't even have a P38
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.