[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

range

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 38-210.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
38-210.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
how far do blanks shoot
>>
I thought I knew the answer to this... but I'm drawing a blank
>>
Gasses are generally lethal depending on charge, but most blanks are effective up to 10 meters. Some more, some less.
>>
Not only gasses are dangerous, if you're firing larger caliber 12 gauge for example even the stemming from blank can be dangerous, as case from Poland stadium hooligan proves. Can't recall exactly but he got hit in the neck artery or some other vulnerable place near face. What's the probability of hitting accurately with this is beyond me.
>>
>>34999649
https://youtu.be/ZGxzpZJu5BM
Watch and kek
>>
didnt the actor doing the crow die from blanks?
>>
>>34999649

Not far but it can still fuck you up. Firing heavy loads of powder from close range was a semi-popular torture method in the days of the French and Indian war, even a regular blank load can cause serious damage.
>>
>>35002399
I heard there might have been a squib and then a blank fired that out. The cardboard shim thing in some blanks can also be potentially deadly/blinding.
>>
>>35002399
Bruce Lee's son (Brandon?). Allegedly the armorer was out that day and either one revolver still had live rounds in it for an earlier scene, or there was a squib that was then launched be the blank
>>
>>35002399

Sort of. There was a bullet stuck in the barrel of the gun which was propelled by the blank.
>>
>>35002429
>>35002432
>>35002451

>Actor Michael Massee's character fires a .44 Magnum revolver at Lee as he walks into the room.[10] A previous scene using the same gun had called for inert dummy cartridges fitted with bullets (but no powder or primer) to be loaded in the revolver for a close-up scene; for film scenes which utilize a revolver (where the bullets are visible from the front) and do not require the gun to actually be fired, dummy cartridges provide the realistic appearance of actual rounds. Instead of purchasing commercial dummy cartridges, the film's prop crew created their own by pulling the bullets from live rounds, dumping the powder charge then reinserting the bullets. However, they unknowingly or unintentionally left the live primer in place at the rear of the cartridge. At some point during filming, the revolver was apparently discharged with one of these improperly-deactivated cartridges in the chamber, setting off the primer with enough force to drive the bullet partway into the barrel, where it became stuck (a condition known as a squib load). The prop crew either failed to notice this or failed to recognize the significance of this issue.

>In the fatal scene, which called for the revolver to be actually fired at Lee from a distance of 3.6–4.5 meters (12–15 feet), the dummy cartridges were exchanged with blank rounds, which feature a live powder charge and primer, but no bullet, thus allowing the gun to be fired without the risk of an actual projectile. But since the bullet from the dummy round was already trapped in the barrel, this caused the .44 Magnum bullet to be fired out of the barrel with virtually the same force as if the gun had been loaded with a live round, and it struck Lee in the abdomen, mortally wounding him.
>>
File: 1497880308894.jpg (31KB, 261x407px) Image search: [Google]
1497880308894.jpg
31KB, 261x407px
>>34999741
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.