[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On the plane for basic training. Any good advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

On the plane for basic training. Any good advice?
>>
>>34998973
enjoy the ride...will be over before you know it.
with a positive attitude, can be one of the more memorable times in your life.
>>
>>34998973
keep everything locked up during reception. fuckers will steal and throw a lot of your shit away if you leave it out. volunteer for nothing. trust no one. keep your dick in your pants. no one is special. have "fun."
>>
>>34998973
Never volunteer for anything. Ever. For your entire military career. Not once. DONT FUCKING DO IT. READ THIS AND COMMIT IT TO MEMORY FUZZY. NEVER FUCKING VOLUNTEER.
>>
>>34999286
>>34999311
w-why
>>
>>34998973
I feel your aren't infantry you ain't shit. It's too late for advice. On my plane ride to basic I started a 5.45 vs 5.56 bait thread. Get your priorities in order private.
>>
>>34998973
Try and steal some cool shit in the last week of training, I got away with a set of hand guards and bunch of 550 cord peq 15 batteries, and some saw ammo pouches
>>
>>34999340
Someone asking for a volunteer has a shitty job that needs doing. I'd occasionally trick my guys and actually offer the volunteer something good, like getting off early. That won't happen in boot tho.
>>
>>34999340
Your buddies will think you're a brown-nosing tryhard and will shit on you for it.
Your superiors will think you're a brown-nosing tryhard and will shit on you for it.
You now have to do whatever other shit you would have had to do normally, and whatever you just volunteered for, plus as >>34999465
points out most of the time someone asks for volunteers it's going to be for a shit job anyway.
>>
>>34999396
>I feel your are not infantry you are not shit.

You must be a muhreen.
>>
>>34999504
He wouldn't of called boot camp basic if he was a Marine. But you don't care, you just wanted to post your stale meme.
>>
>>34999522
I'm guessing you are just as stupid if that went over your head.
>>
>>34999542
What's there to get? You posted a stale meme and showed arrogance, I just informed you of it is all.
>>
File: oy5vh.jpg (55KB, 566x463px) Image search: [Google]
oy5vh.jpg
55KB, 566x463px
>>34999557
>>
>>34999566
looks like we got ourselves a neverserved boys
>>
>>34999656
important question: why would I even want to serve
>>
>>34999671
So people on /k/ will like you, obviously
>>
>>34999671
Nobody said you should. You probably just shouldn't post in the threads because it makes you look stupid. But if that's your thing, go right on ahead.
>>
>>34998973
>On plane
>Shit posting on interwebs

Doesn't that kinda fuck with the plane or whatever? Cuz I'm pretty sure they don't like you making calls/interwebbing or really any wireless connection on commercial flights.
>>
>>34999671
free pancakes on veterans day
>>
>>34999740
You can use it while the Jets taxying. That's why OP isn't responding, he's in the air. He might be able to check it quick when he lands.

Once he gets on the bus he won't see his phone again. Or that's how it was in the Marines. Some people say boots get their phone now, but I don't know.
>>
>>34999765
Only muhreens lose thier phone now
>>34999522
>stale meme
I though marines being jarheads was just a meme too. Then I actually joined the military.
>>
>>35000064
The gist was if he was a soldier or marine, or even a civilian who pays attention, he'd of known a soldier typed it.
>Stale
That was also the gist. I encourage shit talking, but originality would be appreciated. That one's beat to death.
>>
>>34998973
Learn to ctrl+f.
>>
you're gonna get smoked and fucked with no matter what you do. don't get frustrated.
>>
>>34999656
Looks like we got a larping faggot battles.
>>
>>34999286
>>34999311
>>34999502
>t. buddy fuckers
They're not wrong that whenever your instructors need volunteers, you're going to be doing work. However, what they said about being perceived as a brown nose for volunteering is total bullshit. If anything, I viewed people who volunteered as people taking one for the team. I viewed the people who would sit around looking at everyone else with disdain.
>>
>>35001703
this. The ones who stay composed and professional throughout their training are the ones who understand that it's a game. Never forget that it's a game. Stay self-aware and don't take it personally when instructors scream, just smile internally because you have them figured out, and they're just wage cucks like you doing their job
>>
>>34999760
This is why I want to join, I am a fat boy.
>roast me hard /k/
>>
>>35001934
Meh. I have heard worse reasons.
>>
>>35001973
Too fucking fat and drunk to join anyway.
Enjoy the roasting OP you deserve it.
>>
Op here. On the bus to Fort Lwood. Thanks for the tips.
>>
>>35002926
It's only a few weeks and you'll make lots of friends. Have fun.
Protip: it's easy as shit.
>>
>>34998973
Dont get hurt got discharged for fucking my foot up big regrets man whats your mos
>>
>>35003162
12B Combat Engineer
>>
>>35003259
You get to learn to make IEDs
>>
>>35003284
After AIT my backyard projects are gonna get a little bit more exciting
>>
>>35003431
You guard or active?
>>
>>35003438
Guard. I'm getting through college right know.
>>
>>35003888
Ahh yall have a nice chow hall at ft. Leonardwood good luck reception is the worst part
>>
guys i went through air force basic 3 years ago, any advice?
>>
>>35000064
Army did in 2012 when I went through, when did it change?
>>
>>34998973
Get yourself sorted, then help the guys around you.

You will suffer for the failures of others, get ahead of it.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.