[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's see if I'm doing this right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: ar9_greyarsenal1.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
ar9_greyarsenal1.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
9mm AR
>9mm lower
>mil spec LPK
>sb tactical brace which comes with buffer stuff
And
>9mm upper
>barrel
>FF handguard
>BCG
>other stuff like comp, sights, charging handle etc
What am I missing? Since it's one of the 9s I get to skip complicated things on normal AR's like forward assist and piston stuff
>>
You missed the part where a pistol caliber rifle is bum fuck retarded and has no purpose in today's world.
>>
>>34998896
>not wanting the best possible range toy and HD weapon
I'm also getting an echo trigger suck my nuts
>>
>>34998896
>what is a sub machine gun
>>
>>34998938
>SMGs

Obsolete shit replaced by suppressed short barreled rifles in the DA role.

They still have a role as under-jacket guns for covert protective details, I guess.
>>
File: PGVNsmY.jpg (172KB, 1200x533px) Image search: [Google]
PGVNsmY.jpg
172KB, 1200x533px
How do rail length and barrel length correlate?

I've got my eyes set on an 8.5" 9mm barrel. I want something that makes the 4.125" compensator I'm buying stick out about this much (pic). The owner of the gun in that picture claims it is an 8.5" barrel with a 9 something inch rail, and a KX3 Noveske on the end.

What rail length do I go with? I'm confused as to how his rail length is longer than his barrel, read something about how the gasses escaping between the muzzle device and end of the barrel can be harmful to the inside of the handguard. Wouldn't want risk anything.

How do they correlate? In case I build something else later I'd like to know so I can pick out my own quickly.
>>
>>34999090
>How do rail length and barrel length correlate?
They don't. They are completely independent components. handguards on ARs are only necessary to permit the user to touch the weapon forward of the receiver when in use; its primary role is a heat shield. All other considerations are subjective to the service preferences of the user. My preference on my pistol was for a 13 inch FFHG on a 10.5 inch barrel, with a KAK can acting as a muzzle extension (still waiting on my suppressor's stamp to clear). This provides a fairly long sight radius for the irons, as well as providing some jostling protection for the can/suppressor tube, while being short enough to allow me to access the muzzle device by hand if necessary without removing the HG.
>>
Get a suppressor, OP!
>>
File: GetImage.jpg (37KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
GetImage.jpg
37KB, 1024x768px
>>34998884
If your lower or upper has LRBHO capability you need to add a spacer or something like pic related.
This prevents the buffer from going too far back and getting a running start which can snap off your bolt catch.
>>
>>34998884
SBR a normal lower. Use a block and swap calibers. Why limit your self if you dont have to?
>>
>>34999090
usually you want the barrel to be .5 more than the rail. that way the threaded portion is exposed. something like 7 inch rail 7.5 barrel. however sometimes you want the muzzle device to go under the rail which works if the device has no holes on the sides.
>>
>>35000525
Explain
>>
File: Colt-SMG-Model-633-1.jpg (14KB, 613x279px) Image search: [Google]
Colt-SMG-Model-633-1.jpg
14KB, 613x279px
If it looks other than this you're doing it wrong
>>
>>34998964
obviously you know what your talking about /s submachine guns are better defending soft or civilian targets, and in an ideal world you would have a stockpile both so you can be flexible.
>>
>>34998896
you missed the part where that doesn't matter because it's OP's money and he can do whatever the hell he wants with it.

You also missed the part where you can just get a gun because it's fun to shoot.

You also missed the part where it's perfectly fine for HD purposes if that's what he wants to use it for because what matters more is that he's proficient at using it.
>>
>>34998896
>>34998964

Most police in the world is retarded then according to you. Most SWAT teams too, and let`s not forget the SAS for using MP5´s during the siege of the iranian embassy .
>>
>>35001984
Not him but get heavier buffer. 9mm ar is blowback, so no gas system to mitigate recoil.
>>
ad a cock and balls drum mag and play snake eater
>>
>>35003032
I'm just gonna use the SB Tactical PDW brace which I think comes with its own buffer setup, is that sufficient?
>>
>>35003332
To clarify I still have to use the standard spring/silver part, it just gives me another buffer tube
>>
>>34998884
I like the reflex sight. Gotta love the small picture obfuscation.
>>
>>35003332
Not sure. Might want to email the company and ask them. I just used a spikes heavy 9mm buffer with a standard tube for my 9mm sbr and never looked back. Those shorter tubes look sick but I dont have any experience with them.
>>
>>35003904
So if I get that buffer I can skip all the spacer shit, right?
>>
>>35004005
Its built for a 9mm, so yes. But I'm not sure how that works with a short buffer tube or what spring you might need. I used a 9mm buffer and spring meant for a normal buffer tube. PSA also makes (or made) a 9mm kit.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.