[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about something that has never been talked about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: ustroopsduringthevietnamwar.jpg (967KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ustroopsduringthevietnamwar.jpg
967KB, 1920x1080px
Can we talk about something that has never been talked about before

About how in the Vietnam war America invented a new kind of warefare, a warfare that I like to call comfy war

>the music
>the drugs
>the banter
>the war crimes
>the weapons and vehicles
>the uniforms
>napalm

Everything about it was just so aesthetically pleasing. Wars before that had just been miserable, but this war was just so comfy and fun like a lads on tour holiday with killing thrown in as a bonus and that was not the end of it, the same thing happened in Iraq and Afghan. Is comfy war here to stay?
>>
This is some real autistic stuff anon.
>>
>>34997665
>Comfy

Maybe sitting on your ass back in the States you fucking dipshit NEET.
>>
You're viewing a war through the lens of action movies and /tv/ memes. By your criteria any war can be comfy, you just dont know it because people haven't meme'd up Chattanooga Choochoo or Livery Stables Blues to the same extent that they have for It Ain't Me. Here in Australasia at least, WW1 was literally the definition of "like a lads on tour holiday with killing thrown in", at least until your buddies started dying.
>>
Lets talk about you, OP.
>>
You're right, losing a leg from infection because you stepped on bamboo spikes smeared with shit is pure /comfy/
>>
>>34997665
I think Anon is comparing these wars to previous /really/ shitty wars like WW2 and WW1

But I think he's forgetting all the colonial wars against spearchuckers that were probably comfy as all hell
>>
While i wouldn't call it exactly/comfy/, i see where OP is coming from and I also sentimentalize those aspects of the Vietnam war.

Yeah, 209% humidity and POW torture isnt fun, but holy fucking hell would i love to have been part of those large outdoor barbecues that you see in Vietnam war pics.
>All dat camaraderie
>All dat beer and barbecue
>All dat levity to serve as temporary relief from the horror of fighting jungle gooks
>>
>>34997665

You probably never even had to deal with a blister on one of your poor little feetsies, have you OP?
>>
>>34997665
Yeah anon, Vietnam was exactly like Forrest Gump, enlist today goyem!
>>
>>35000318
The only thing different that would make you neets call it /comfy/ is technology advanced and was filmed and reported on. It was the first war people watched live on their TVs.
>>
>>35000344
Nigga, Forrest Gump's was a criticism of Vietnam
>>
>>34997665
please tell me whats comfy about children trying to kill you and falling in spike traps....fun is not the best word either pretty sure a vet of this war would like to make you feel "comfy" by shooting your ass
>>
>>35000537
lol stay mad faggot i bet u just got the clap from some retarded gook whore and your fat texan wife left you for a hippy lol
>>
>comfy war

Well they did have woobies so I guess I can't disagree.
>>
>>34997665
>Literally one of the messiest and most unpleasant wars of the last hundred years
>Probably never had to sleep in the rain, much less live in a jungle for years on end

Everyone likes books about war, but trying to pretend that any war is "comfy" is retarded and if you're gonna pick one than sure as fuck don't pick one of the most horrible ones.
>>
>>35000333

>camraderie

>war infamous for conscripts murdering their NCO's as well as extreme racial tensions

Pick one.
>>
>Vietnam jungle
>comfy
You don't know a thing about the Vietnam war outside of playing some Call of Duty missions on Xbox, do you?
>>
>>34997665
Comfy wars already existed; any number of Colonial campaigns that involve adventure, beautiful terrain, gunning down abos with rifles and machineguns, etc.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>34997665
>97 degrees and humid as fuck
>any civilian could be a spy
>any spot could be an ambush or at trap of some kind
>any village could be VC masquerading as farmers
>sometimes it rains for days and you never get dry
>muh swam ass
>muh crotch rot
>muh trench foot
>muh mosquitoes everywhere
>giant fucking insects
>spending 2/3 of your entire deployment engaged in combat

Yeah, sounds real comfy OP.
>>
>>35000744
>implying it ever go cold enough to need them
>>
>>34997665
>He thinks the war was actually like the romanticized movies

War is hell kid.
>>
>>35001566
tee hee silly boy
>>
>>35001467

what romanticized movies are there of fucking Vietnam. Name one Vietnam movie that isn't just "war is hell". Pretty sure OP's just retarded.

Tropic Thunder doesn't count.
>>
>>34997665
>comfy war
Please enlist and enjoy the comforts the world has to offer you.
>>
File: hot special forces chick.png (1MB, 868x868px) Image search: [Google]
hot special forces chick.png
1MB, 868x868px
>>34997665
Was in nam, can confirm, was comfy.
AMA
>>
>>34997665
what the hell is a 'comfy war' anon?
my dad was deployed and was fucked up for the better part of his life

autism.
>>
>>35001728
This. Literally every Vietnam war movie dials up the "this is war is shit, everyone is dying, its humid ,my feet hurt, Stinger missiles are bretty cool, i still want to go home and eat tendies" dial
>>
This retard keeps making threads about wars being comfy and fun like some kind of school field trip I am starting to think this is either a restless troll, a fatass retard, or some legit fucked in the head psycho.
>I see beauty in destruction
>any loss and suffering is reasonable and acceptable
>art is in the eyes of the beholder
>>
>>34997665
yeah real fun if you like walking for miles
mud every where no real rooms or walls so you have to sleep in the forest (this part isn't so bad) but there are animals and insects around

yeah fuck walking for miles but must have been fun being in the helos and the planes
>>
>>34997665
>the losing

ftfy
>>
>>35000318
but arn't current wars like wars against spear chcukers

come on now us army is way advanced then the iraqi or afghan army
>>
>>35001824
was in nam still have ptsd from wating in line for the plum rides
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.