[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Night combat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 73172406nightvision.jpg (27KB, 400x291px) Image search: [Google]
73172406nightvision.jpg
27KB, 400x291px
Would large powerful flares positioned around some kind of perimeter, on top of lots of trip flares and flashbangs etc, significantly increase your chances at evading or defending from a night raid, or would it do fuck all against modern NV systems?

Also night combat general
>>
have enough battery and thermal scope on
>>
>>34995642
it would make your position extremely visible from a long ways off. so maybe you'd achieve some kind of tactical surprise for like 5 seconds and then it would be extremely easy for the enemy to mortar your position into shit
>>
>>34996021

Pretty much this. If youre lucky youll fry the eyeballs of a few PFCs and then get bombed into the stoneage by arty, mortars, CAS, whatever they have on deck.
>>
>launch large powerful flares in order to negate night vision
>Night vision is now negated and they can just see you.
>>
>>34996074
>>34996048
>>34996021
the idea is that they'd be positioned further away from your positions, along likely routes of approach etc. but I was more curious about how they'd affect troops wearing NV, would it give them too much night blindness to carry on or do NV goggle cap out at certain extremes?
>>
>>34997436
Unless you're dealing with third world poorfags, they'll be using autogating NODs. Pretty much anything better than gen 1 manufactured after 2000 will be autogated by default.
>>
>>34997436
they will just autogate (shut off temporarily) while they look at the bright things. no permanent damage to modern NODs and they will automatically come back on when its not too bright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbNmfgt94Bw

that "blinking" effect was autogating
>>
>>34995642
inside the house yea. I mean they are conducting a raid, not a fire mission.
>>
>>34995642
What's a good clip on unit to use in conjunction with an acog?
>>
>>34998795
Thermal sights to be specific
>>
Illuminating the battlefield means you can see the enemy with NODs and they can see you, which is far better from only the enemy seeing you.
>>
>>34995642
night airshit games have taught me that putting big fuckoff IR lamps over entrances and chokepoints makes it almost impossible for enemy idiots to get close to your position without you knowing. It works even better if the lamps are motion-activated. Would it work against an actually-competent force? Probably not.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.