[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Rifle, How'd I Do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Remington 783, chambered in .308, got it for hunting and target shooting, did I do good for a first time owner?
>>
better than the Remington 770
>>
>>34994129
reminton 770 and 783 are very bad rifle.
try the remington 700, ruger american, ruger american predator, savage axis with accutrigger.

very cheap and accurate.
>>
>>34995366
>Remington 700
>very cheap
Nigger you wut
>>
>>34994129
Don't listen to this guy.>>34995366. The 783 might not have the aftermarket presence the 700 has, but it's only been out 3 years. The 783 was literally Rems "first deer rifle" gun for new shooters. Gets your feet wet, and if you like it, you upgrade to a tricked out 700, and pass the 783 to a kid or a friend. Or use it as a beater rifle, whatever. I take it you got the rebate and got it super cheap ?
>>
>>34995583
You know it man, grabbed it and all my starting cleaning supplies, case, 200 rounds, ect for $480. Didn't want to break bank on a first gun, even though I've been shooting since I was 6. Been waiting 18 years for this.
>>
>>34995514
remington 700 can be found for under 500 dollars. thats real fucking cheap for a rifle
>>
>>34995904
Implying I'd have 500 + associated gear that I'd need seeing as this is a first rifle. I'm a college student, not working a full time job yet.
>>
pretty fucking gay, wheres your fucking AR-15? what kind of nigger buys a boltie as a first rifle?

(i bought a K98k as my first)
>>
>>34995919
>2017
>not cc'ing a tsar bomb as first weapon
Get with the times grandpa
>>
>>34994129
>fudd/10. Should have bought a Gucci AR
>>
>>34995931
nigger i cc a g19 w/ tlr-1 HL, thats goodboy points right there, I can nuke terries with a dirty look and my 5.11 pant/pipehitters union shirt combo
>>
GJ. Now get a decent optic. Expect to pay more than you did for the rifle.
>>
>>34995916
Wow, then you shouldnt be spending fucking 500 dollars on a rifle, idiot
>>
>>34994129
Shit
should have ponied up a bit more for a quality entry level like a Savage or a Howa

that said, it'll work and it'll probably hit what you aim it at
>>
>>34994129
you fucked up
>>
>>34994129
I still have my old 710 in .270, first deer rifle I got when I was 16. It's ugly and plastic, and the long action makes it more agonizing, but it actually shoots passable groups. I can't bring myself to sell it.
>>
>>34995916
well, go for a ruger american rifle, its way better than a 783
>>
>>34994129
>wastes money in a total broken rifle
>plz guys tell me I didn't fuck up
>>
>>34995904
That's more than twice what the 770 or 783 go for and almost twice what the American or Axis go for.

Hell you can get pretty much any modern boltgun with the exception of Tikkas or Win 70's for less than a R700. They are neither absolutely cheap nor comparatively cheap.
>>
File: rem770-fail.jpg (237KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
rem770-fail.jpg
237KB, 1200x800px
If you wanted to go cheap, you should have bought a Savage with an accutrigger.

>>34995366
>reminton 770 and 783 are very bad rifle.

If you're lucky, the rifle disassembles its magazine when you shoot. Quality firearms.

>>34995514
>Nigger you wut

Stuff like the Rem700 SPS Tactical is super fucking cheap. But doesn't even succeed at free floating when on a bipod. Hilarious.

That said, sometimes they have quite acceptable accuracy.
>>
>>34995870
Mate, if you're a burger you paid 180 for a case and ammo.
I still see them for 300 all day
t. guy who bought the exact same first for 300 sans accessories
>>
>>34999593
If you're a Canuck or otherwise you can disregard, which is what I suspect.
In other news I just want some god damn aftermarket shit
>>
>>34995997
>g19
its not tsar bomba, but its still a bomb so i guess that'll do.
>>
.308 is a little big to learn the basics of shooting well. You'll spend your first 300 rounds trying to overcome flinch before even moving on to things like trigger control and straight back recoil
>>
Its good enough,if I can take 3 deer with it so can you.

Not so good for learning fundamentals though,are you in the US or Canada?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.