[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here a really shitty shooter? I own seven rifles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: 1502642108041.jpg (28KB, 480x326px) Image search: [Google]
1502642108041.jpg
28KB, 480x326px
Anyone else here a really shitty shooter?

I own seven rifles and a pistol but I can't seem to hit anything ever. I doubt I could do well at ten yards with my full-size pistol or like 25-35 with my AR

How do I remedy this?
>>
I'm good with pistols, excellent with shotguns and meh with rifles.
>>
>>34991736
1. The position and hold must be firm enough to support the weapon.
2. The weapon must point naturally at the target without undue physical effort.
3. Sight alignment and sight picture must be correct.
4. The shot must be released and followed through without any undue physical disturbance to the position.

Apply these marksmanship principals and you will be accurate.
>>
Rimfire, reactive targets. Shoot at a distance where you can hit everything, shoot until you hit everything out of 10 shots, move back 3-5 yards, rinse-repeat.

If you're REALLY bad consider taking a class.
>>
>>34991736
Your skinny libcuck arms are incapable of holding the weapon steady enough to accurately fire it OP.
>>
File: 1495067569547.png (273KB, 793x794px) Image search: [Google]
1495067569547.png
273KB, 793x794px
>>34993028
Damn I love posting that image
>>
Shooting rifles very accurately from a standing position isn't exactly easy peasy. Sitting or prone positions with a front support really helps your accuracy. Practice helps, too.

If you're comparing to people on the internet, people lie all the time. Or people will shoot sub MOA groups all day, but fail to mention their rifle is in a sled, or has a sandbag under the butt stock, which at that point a fucking 3 year old could shoot 1 inch groups.
>>
>>34991736
Why do you own seven rifles and a pistol if you can't shoot any of them? Sell your shit, buy a cheap bolt action, and spend the rest of that money on ammo and shooting classes. Focus on the basics.
>>
>>34993184
Or they'll be shooting a 3 shot group with handloaded/premium match-grade ammo. Nothing wrong with nice ammo, but it's not exactly representative of the ammo most of people use for larger volumes of practice.
>>
>>
Hvae someone show you the basics. It's honestly surprisingly common that people can't hit shit. Simple thing that I see most people fuck up is not understanding sight picture and anticipating the recoil. Be willing to spend time getting better, be willing to spend money on lots of ammo, and have fun. First time I shot my gp100 I had difficulty making consistent hits, 2 months and 400 rounds later I can get nice groups at 15 yards and at least hit the target at 25 yards.
>>
I'm a really inconsistent shooter, but having back pain doesn't help. Shooting handguns standing, I'm lucky to get fist sized groups at 7 yards because I'm so distracted by the pain, but sitting I can shootjust fine.
>>
>>34991736
Fuck you anti white commie filth.
>>
>>34991736
have you been to an appleseed? because it sounds like you need to go to an appleseed.
>>
File: 1502317531602.png (1MB, 788x872px) Image search: [Google]
1502317531602.png
1MB, 788x872px
>>34991736

I've never had a problem shooting rifles or shotguns. But, I've never been able to shoot handguns to any acceptable degree of accuracy. I have always ended up placing my shots to bottom left of my target with pistols. I've tried to improve myself by seeking advice from friends, family, books, articles etc. But I've never been able to actually use those tips to improve my aim. I still regret buying my colt 1911 two years ago and not being able to properly aim the damn thing.
>>
I shoot rifles excellent, pistols okay, and shotguns absolute shit, especially bird shot and clays.
>>
File: 1501661702423.jpg (279KB, 935x556px) Image search: [Google]
1501661702423.jpg
279KB, 935x556px
>>34993104
> I will shoot a man for climbing my fence, walls are racist though.
>>
>>34993708
>walls are racist though
Don't put words into my mouth commie
>>
>there are unironic white nationalist(nazis) in this thread
>>
>>34993914
>When /pol/ tries to false flag troll on /k/

We know what you're doing, if we wanted to discuss why niggers and spics are inferior we wouldn't be posting here.
>>
>>34993914
>>there are unironic white nationalist(nazis) in this thread

Shareblue needs to leave.
>>
File: IMG_1056.jpg (578KB, 1242x1245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1056.jpg
578KB, 1242x1245px
>>34991736
Pic related is my shooting today with a Glock 43. I was shooting a silhouette at 25 yards. I have big hands and so it's a might small for me, but I inherited it. My uncle was going to CC it. I just use it to punch holes in paper. I'm looking at maybe a magazine extension for it to give me some more grip so that I can choke up on it to gain more leverage. I'm also looking at some aftermarket sights for it too. I have a hard time with the factory sights. I either don't get enough bead or I get too much.
>>
>>34993980
EVERYONE WHO OPPOSES MY WORLD VIEW IS A LIBERAL SHILL
>>
>>34994010
this better have been a 590 with a shotgun get fucking gud you noob.
>>
>>34995145
I'm just starting out on a handgun. This was only my third time taking it out. Practice makes perfect and I'm striving to get more range time in.
>>
Shooting matches and being pushed to perform has helped me become a better shooter. Also, seeing how better shooters shoot is super helpful, compared to trying to learn in a vacuum. Watching dudes like Jerry Miculek on YT is informative, though you have to have a grasp on the basics to really make use of his advice.
>>
>>34994010
Fuck man, reign in that grip don't slap the trigger. Try to minimize the lala land time when pop gun goes bang bang.
>>
File: gamo-trap.jpg (38KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
gamo-trap.jpg
38KB, 700x500px
>>34991736
I had the same problem. I cured it by buying a crosman 1377 with the cheesey-ass carbine stock and pic related and spending some time with it every day. A month later I was shooting dime-size groups at 30 feet.

The no-pressure environment of your own hallway is really remarkable.
>>
>>34991736
>shoot into a crowd of actual nazis
>hit 2
>get shot by 15
>>
>>34991736
The funny thing is, offhand I have the same problem.

Given a fucking ammo can or table or literally anything to rest the gun on though, and I can print fist sized groups out to 100 yds. Without even trying, and if I AM trying, they can get even smaller.

I shake like a motherfucker, and it annihilates my handgun shooting unless I do it GI stance extreme slow fire.
Rifles aren't much better.
>>
File: IMG_1070.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1070.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34996393
I can't get a decent grip because my hands are too large. I'm just starting out, but I'm trying to get to the range weekly to get better. Practice makes perfect.
>>
>>34991780
>tfw no cute freckles and scattergat GF
>>
>>34996566
>nazis
>owning guns
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.