[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mousefart loads/efficiency hunting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1497660833814.jpg (816KB, 1800x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1497660833814.jpg
816KB, 1800x1350px
I found this a while ago and some threads on the high road about ".30 WCF" small game loads and absolutely had to find loads to make shotguns, rifles, and handguns perform nearly the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_uNl4vULRc

I also found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYleuf8xRgQ basically saying that the powder can shift farther from the primer and cause slow detonations which smokeless barrels hate.

I need powders and loads that take up a large amount of a .308/7.62x51 case, that launches a 50 gr+ projectile sub sonic.

On the subject of shotguns though i have a 26" barreled H&R singleshot, why shouldn't I have a gunsmith sidemount a 4x scope. Same question about a very quiet light load for 12ga, what grains of shot and powder
>>
File: 1485563598768.jpg (178KB, 920x690px) Image search: [Google]
1485563598768.jpg
178KB, 920x690px
Forgot to post but I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a henry long ranger in .308 seeing as a .260/6.5CD/.257 roberts Lever action will never hit production lines. What's a good muzzle break and comp combo i can stick on the end of the barrel so i can take both more game in one day.
>>
>>34990119
Look into George Nonte's stuff. He talks about these "gallery loads" also called "cat sneeze" loads.

The dangerous Secondary Explosive Events happen with slow powders. Most people who do this use really fast flake powders. Bullseye and Unique are the go to powders. Stay AWAY from slow powders. The Hornady manual specifically notes that low charges of slow powders are bad juju. With rifle cases they sometimes use a teflon puff to keep the powder against the primer.
>>
>>34990119
I didnt watch the videos, but in general you can just fill the rest of the case with cream of wheat or something similarly inert to prevent powder shift. Starting with a high volume low power powder like trailboss helps.
>>
>>34990519
Be a little careful with bottleneck rounds. There have been some case ruptures with the CoW filled bottleneck rounds.
>>
>>34990119
They used to make an insert for .303 that you could put a 32acp in, so as to fire 32acp out of an Enfield rifle.
The insert was made of steel and looked like a casing with a chamber at the base and a barrel like hole the rest of the way.
Now the 32acp and .303 are actually .311 dia the 308 is .308 dia.
Do OP if your not dead set of 308 you could use an Enfield rifle.
>>
>>34990641
I had completely forgotten about those. They're still kicking around the internet here and there, in different caliber combos, too.
>>
File: Hammond_Gamegetter_Small_.jpg (35KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Hammond_Gamegetter_Small_.jpg
35KB, 600x450px
>>34990119

>hhhmmmmmmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EajIUO-dQVU

http://www3.telus.net/gamegetter/
>>
>>34990818
yeah I remember a 7.62x54r --> 7.62 Tok one
>>
Titegroup isn't case position sensitive. It's kinda of the defacto subsonic standard for rifle puff rounds. You can do the cream of wheat stuffing too probably...
>>
I've done a fair bit of subsonic 308 handloads. 8gr of trail boss and any 150-180gr projectile should do it. Rainier leadsafe 308cal bullets are stupid cheap (~0.08-0.12$/bullet) and should work fine.
>>
File: 1502126266947m.jpg (82KB, 644x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502126266947m.jpg
82KB, 644x1024px
>>34991055
>>34990566
>>34990464
Thanks for the info my guys. I'm still hesitant on squib loads and PP blow ups. Anything stopping me from shoving flash paper, cotton balls, it charcloth if I used other powders than titegroup or trailboss?
>>
>>34991537
The explanation that made me more comfortable was that SEE have been observed with jacketed, not lead, bullets. The hypothetical explanation is that the primer drives the jacked projectile into the rifling, but not enough to engrave it. Then the powder ignites with what has become a barrel obstruction. And that's what causes the kaboom.

So far I've only done this with a .357, a .360 roundball and 3gr unique. Light lead bullets and fast powders and you should be fine.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.