[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Napalm rounds and other dumb shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Napalm Rounds.png (175KB, 1210x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Napalm Rounds.png
175KB, 1210x1016px
These questions are gonna seem ridiculous and stupid but I guarantee there's a good reason behind asking them.
1. Is a Napalm round even possible? From what I understand pic related wouldn't work but it could with different materials.
2. If it was, how would the fire spread? Quickly or normally?
3. If you were to set off this Napalm round by open palm slapping the shell into someone's face or side, would your hand be lit on fire by the Napalm too?
4. Can you put Napalm out if it's on one part of your body by digging a hole in the dirt, shoving your hand in that hole, and pouring drinking water in the hole/dirt/your hand to smother the flame?
>>
>>34988955
Cut the top off a 12 guage shell. Empty the lead, remove the sabbot. Fill it with gun powder and crimp it back up.

All I know is should get one hell of a fireball.
>>
>>34988961
But thing is I'm looking for something that would start a serious fire that would spread rapidly on a person's body, or even more preferably start a forest fire.
I'd think a big ole' fireball would cause a bit of flame to catch in the area the shell was smacked against but not the type of fast burn I'd want.
>>
>inb4 this kid becomes a psychopath
>>
>>34990151
I'm trying to write a scene for a screenplay, chill /k/ommrade.
>>
File: MadScientist.jpg (15KB, 310x207px) Image search: [Google]
MadScientist.jpg
15KB, 310x207px
>>34988955
ever heard of magnesium or gas with styrofoam?
basically cram anything flammable and dangerous in the shell and try shooting it.
trial and error.
>>
I have just the thing for you and they work because we made and tested several.

Dummy/practice rifle grenades are legal to own and shoot in the US.

Self and .milbros/machinistbros wanted to see if we could copy the WWII rifle grenade adapters in a modern bullet trap version because grenade blanks are risky if you forget to load one, expensive, and interrupt Private Snuffy if he needs to dig one out to use it.

Babby grenade launchers have tiny payloads vs. a thrown grenade, and they don't pack much of a smoke payload. Our initial interest was "smoke" and because the grenade adapter is all metal and not a pyrotechnic it gets around various storage requirements. Of course if Uncle Sugar bought them, users could place a WP grenade in the adapter. A cup version would chuck frags which weight close to the same, and a plastic drop in adapter would fit non-cylindrical grenades to the main adapter.

We machined a few out of round billet. We made a simple bullet trap like the one used in the rifle launched grapnel, but note that trap is ONLY a safety measure. It does work though because we shot one with M155 to test. Our traps were simple round stock with a hole made using a lathe "center drill". The overall adapter looks like a stick grenade.

We tested them using a dummy cylindrical grenade we machined and they will throw one about 90 meters! We also tested with dummy grenade fuses and the "coil spring wrap around" inertial spoon release works just fine.

No pics since the remaining parts are at my bros. We don't have a lot of R&D money and modern grenade launchers render rifle grenades obsolete for US forces who traditionally don't like them anyway so we shelved it, but you absolutely could make a working, reliable incendiary tubular payload in a home shop.

For the adapter, just picture adapter on the right, but with a strong tube which slips over a NATO flash suppressor, and an internal internal bullet trap.

http://www.inert-ord.net/usa03a/usarg/adapts/6817.jpg
>>
>>34992173
Pretty cool, and thanks for the unique bit of info.
Thing is I'm not sure how it'd fit the scene in the screenplay to have a homemade rifle grenade.
It's good to know about an incendiary payload being possible, though, as that would count a 12ga shell. Since the scene would involve half assed usage of just slamming it against the target to fire it off, I'd imagine delivery wouldn't be affected since it's point blank.
>>
>>34992173
If you are not an experienced machinist with a fucking clue about firearms, don't make one. I won't include dimensions.

Now to the improvise payload for your script: Anyone can make simple sheet metal cylinder with end caps. You could use automobile core plugs (called freeze plugs by the ignorant) for both ends and the burster end is easily drilled for your tube which holds your burster. You could put a tube in the end with a plunger and a primer, and use a cotter key or clip for the safety. Your bursting charge can be a shotgun shell.

Picture a BDU USAF practice bomb . Same simple design. Pic shows example charge.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/images/bdu-48-DFST8907579_JPG.jpg

You can basically turn a rifle into a light mortar with any payload you like.

You can make any part but the explody bits legally. The bullet trap deforms and so does the tube from gas pressure, but we had no bursts. We fired three rounds into our test bodies to ensure safety in case Snuffy somehow managed to shoot more than one bullet into the adapter. That's a bit risky but one was fine.

You are on your own so do not make any parts if you are a nigger or think you can do it from tin cans or somesuch shit. Billet aluminum round stock isn't very expensive and metal suppliers deliver. You could use steel tubing etc but we chose billet so we would not be limited when experimenting with different dimension.
>>
>>34992293
You could also make a thrown potato masher grenade the same way. All it need do is hit plunger end down.

The controlled part requiring an explosive handler license for grenade fuses is the chemical used to ignite them (I forget which, it's been a couple of years) and of course the delay train is an issue but....you can also drill fired practice grenade fuse bodies for large pistol primers. They have no delay but if you placed a grenade fitted with one in a glass jar it would fire the moment the jar broke.
>>
File: 1475261651543.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1475261651543.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>34992294
>
Now to the improvise payload for your script: Anyone can make simple sheet metal cylinder with end caps. You could use automobile core plugs (called freeze plugs by the ignorant) for both ends and the burster end is easily drilled for your tube which holds your burster. You could put a tube in the end with a plunger and a primer, and use a cotter key or clip for the safety. Your bursting charge can be a shotgun shell.
Thanks a ton, man. Gives me a lot to work with.
>>
>>34988984
make a slug out of tracer compound. you won't be disappointed.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.