[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tactical Knives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 51HLJkYxyuL._SL1000_.jpg (59KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
51HLJkYxyuL._SL1000_.jpg
59KB, 1000x1000px
Sup /k/. I recently purchased one of these SOG Kiku fixed blades as a one up to my friend who owns a buck reaper. I've done research but it seems like a very grey area of whether this would be legal carry in Pennsylvania or not. What do you think?

>TL;DR tactical knife thread

>The knife: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ICTZUYC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>>
>>34988587

I think your friend and you are faggots.
>>
>>34988594
oh yeah? why's that
>>
>>34988587
Kek, sog<buck
>>
>>34988621
this may be true as a general statement but not when comparing these specific models
>>
>>34988650
>sog kiku $137.95
>buck reaper about $60
>both have low end stainless blades
>buck has one of the best known and consistent heat treats in the industry

Send it back and get a nighthawk
>>
>>34988587

Daggers are not legal in Pennsylvania, meaning double edged knives. The Kiku is legal, for concealed or open carry, under state law. Your town laws may say different. Don't sharpen the back edge at all.
>>
File: vv2BuHr.jpg (99KB, 914x1646px) Image search: [Google]
vv2BuHr.jpg
99KB, 914x1646px
>>34988587
>very grey ara
It's a GOOGLE search away from finding out of its legal or not, okay? Also, if you got a good price for it, then it's okay. I got a nice money clip knife from them at Wal-mart, maybe you can borrow it one day.
>>
>>34988587
>carrying a 12 inch fixed blade knife
Why? You're going to look retarded. It's not even a practical knife. Have fun sharpening that giant retarded curve. Carry a pocket knife and stop being a faggot.
>>
You Americans might have too much freedom to worry about this but if I were to carry a knife to defend myself I would want to combine lethality with safety (as in my safety) with looking very nondescript.
That last point would figure greatly. I'd want something that does not look like I carried it with intent to use it on people offensively or defensively.
>>
>>34989046
>too much freedom
Impossible
>>
>>34988587

Look, The Kiku is a cool looking knife that would be at home in a video game or action movie, but it 's looks are exactly what makes it a terrible knife.

>The blade design is a bitch for sharpening
>The blade design isn't handy for many classic knife uses
>The grip would be painful if uheld in a stabbing motion
>gimping on the back limits hand placement for utility uses

You could really be better served by many other Sogs, ESEE's, even some of the basic Cold Steel knives like the SRK or Recon scout.
>>
File: nimravus_1000x1000.jpg (65KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
nimravus_1000x1000.jpg
65KB, 1000x1000px
>>34989924
The poor lad, he could even waste money properly
>>
File: 20160706_190403.jpg (412KB, 726x498px) Image search: [Google]
20160706_190403.jpg
412KB, 726x498px
>>34988760
>Send it back and get a nighthawk
Which you can then send back and buy a Reeve Pacific, so you can have an actual quality knife.
>>
>>34989046
I know the feel. I don't live in freedomland either. But if you live in a place where carrying a knife ISN'T just going to get you immediately dive-tackled to the ground by 68 cops and charged with every possible offense in the book (looking at you, Bongland), carry a simple pocket folder. You can get good, solid steel folding knives that lock open for like $20. They hold an edge well enough, their locks hold up, and they can be comfy enough in the hand. If you do end up stabbing someone, your knife is only being carried as a tool- you usually just use it to open boxes and other packaging, cut loose threads or whatever. It just HAPPENED to be on hand when you were attacked. Just remember it's super important that it locks open, or you will fuck up your hand.
>>
File: Smatchet_use1.gif (16KB, 508x371px) Image search: [Google]
Smatchet_use1.gif
16KB, 508x371px
Unless you're black and/or live in philly you can carry whatever the fuck you want in PA and nobody will bother you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.