[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Better than your Glock.jpg (212KB, 1984x1201px) Image search: [Google]
Better than your Glock.jpg
212KB, 1984x1201px
>be me
>stray dogs start to fuck with my pets (1 cat killed, one dog injured)
>family guys ask if I want to hunt (deer, maybe boar)
>no rifle, only a Lewdger
>be 6'00, bur do not lift
>struggle to carry a air tank
>hunting laws + liberals = Bolt action and double barrel shotguns only (plus BP breechloaders and muzzleloaders)
>not comfortable with 12ga, can't hit shit
>never tried 16ga or 20 gauge though
>think a K98k could be cool with the Luger, but afraid 8mm Mauser kicks too much. Never tried

What should I try/pick, /k/ ?
>>
>>34982756
Quit being a faggot about how hard it kicks.

Literally the worst that could happen is you get a bruise because you didn't hold it tight enough.
>>
>>34984365
Speaking of 12ga or 8mm Mauser ?

>mfw no one answered the thread due to Glocktrolling and weakness
>>
>>34982756
Savage hog hunter in .308

One of the few bolt-actions new on the market with iron sights, and modern bolt guns are much easier to operate than milsurp. As much as the rest of /k/ will try to convince you otherwise, loading stripper clips and cycling the action of a 70+ year old gun is more difficult than it looks. You'll find a modern production gun to always be easier to work than a relic, including relics like the Enfield known for the speed of their bolt operation.

If you have to go milsurp, the Enfield is the easiest to learn on because of its aperture sights, but .303 British is harder to find and more expensive than 8MM or other full-size calibers (at least in the U.S.)
>>
>>34982756
Some lighter rifle and milder rounds.
Try CZ527 in 7.62x39 or a rifle in .243 a trusted deer rifle round.
Or for a WW2 classic look at 6.5mm rifles like the Arisaka Type 38.
>>
>>34985902
>7.62x39
>"the round that killed your great-uncle in Vietnam Anon ! How could you buy this !"
>"Arisaka rifle"
>6.5 Arisaka is unobtainium here. One of my "friends" is currently stuck into reloading 20 bullets of 6.5 Arisaka.
>>
>>34986152
>20 bullets
Should say 20 cases
>>
>>34985852
You're an idiotic fudd if you think a savage is easier to operate than just about any milsurp bolt action besides a mosin, and guess what, you don't need to use stripper clips if you don't want to
>>
>>34986164
>>34986152
He managed to get 20 cases? Hot damn.

>>34982756
For real though if you're okay with medium-tier hard to find ammo, K31.
>>
>>34982756
I'd recommend a cz 550 fs. It's a great gun for brush or mountains. I'm a light weight guy so I got one in 6.5 swede. Great rifle, great round.
>>
I'd say get a good shotgun, it's a world of difference between those and Mossington Remingberg 888 Express Turkey
Not to say that those are very bad shotguns, but for one they're out of the picture because they're not DB shotguns, and for the other, just trying a Franchi Feeling or Beretta 686, or even a Fabarm L4S if money is tight will make it easier for you to make your mind up.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.