[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ Westerns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: clint.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
clint.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
What are the most /k/ Westerns I should and could watch?! By "/k/ westerns" I'm referring to westerns with the most variety of guns and most gun battles.

Also, general Western/cowboy gun thread.
>>
File: Knight with no name.jpg (714KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
Knight with no name.jpg
714KB, 1000x1414px
Just about anything with Clint Eastwood is the only cowboy movie worth watching, before he came along it was literally the capeshit of Hollywood with bad movies made every year.
>>
>>34981470
Tombstone and Open Range are great if you want newer films, the original Magnificent seven has its moments too. That other anon is an idiot who I won't even honor with a (you)
>>
>>34981479
This. Eastwood made the genre. I can't watch anything with John Wayne, I think you have to have been born in 1930 to find any of his movies watchable.

Modern mentions:
Tombstone
3:10 to Yuma
Magnificent 7

Arguably the first 3 original star wars, as well as the TV show Firefly and Serenity are "Sci Fi Space Westerns".
>>
>>34981545
There's a lot of great westerns before Clint Eastwood came along, just a lot of terrible ones as well. I agree though, I can't stand John Wayne
>>
>>34981470
Something about the loadout in The Outlaw Josey Wales always gets me hard
>>
>>34981545
>I can't watch anything with John Wayne, I think you have to have been born in 1930 to find any of his movies watchable.

some of them are pretty good, mostly the later ones
>>
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is pretty great.
https://youtu.be/meP_Ufwj-FY
>>
>>34981470
Clint Eastwood is a given.
Most of the modern ones like the new True Grit, Seraphim Falls, and Tombstone are really good on getting guns right.
The old Django, the Trinity movies, and some of the other more famous Spaghetti Westerns are good for having odd guns.
Most of the Westerns that Audie Murphy were in are pretty good, and are pretty /k/ since Audie fuckin Murphy is in them.
Robert Redford was pretty good too, as seen in Jeremiah Johnson and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Most of the Westerns made before the late '50s are pretty shit since it's almost all just cowboys and Indians bullshit, and the same goes for most of the obscure Spaghetti Westerns minus the Indian part.
John Wayne is hit and miss, but still worth watching if just ironically.
>>
Appaloosa and Open Range had some decent gunfights if you can ignore some goofs in editing and the typical hollywood exaggerations of the power of shotguns.
>>
File: wildbunch_02.jpg (28KB, 350x180px) Image search: [Google]
wildbunch_02.jpg
28KB, 350x180px
The Wild Bunch
>>
Quigley Down Under
>>
File: 1374709140228.jpg (125KB, 665x354px) Image search: [Google]
1374709140228.jpg
125KB, 665x354px
Django Unchained has some bretty ebin shootouts and takes great pleasure in showing what it looks like when a human bean gets hit by a large caliber lead ball, which is nice. I'm sure it's hated here though because the subject matter is triggering to all the /pol/fags.
>>
>>34981559
this

also bumping for William Holden, who did westerns as well as his kick ass war films(The Bridge on the River Kwai, Stalag 17,Satan Never Sleeps,The Bridges at Toko-Ri )
>>
Young Guns has the greatest movie intro of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iXpg2gRCsc
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIXGgffDgf0

"THE WILD BUNCH"
>>
>>34981743
Arguably the most /k/ western of all time
>>
>>34981470
The Wild Bunch. End thread.
>>
>>34981809
I hate it because Jamie Foxx is a hypocrite blowhard
>>
>>34984236
There are Wild Bunch shooting competitions as variants of the Wild West shooting competitions. Rule is you can use any model of firearm made in 1913 or earlier. So you have a bunch of guys running three gun stages with stock 1911s, lever actions or Springfield '03s, and Winchester 97s.
>>
File: appaloosa.jpg (65KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
appaloosa.jpg
65KB, 600x400px
>>34981470
Once Upon a Time in the West
Ravenous
The War Wagon
Jeremiah Johnson
The Sons of Katie Elder
Appaloosa
Lonesome Dove
any Terrence Hill Trinity movie
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.