[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain future milsurp prices to me /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 20170823_214428.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170823_214428.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I just acquired a CMP late serial M1 Garand and a Kar98K which appears to be legit, although I'll have someone inspect it. Already made some posts about them so y'all will probably know what guns I'm talking about.

I intend on keeping the Garand, but I already have another Mauser in a common caliber and have absolutely no use for anything in 8mm.

Do I sell my Nazigun or should I hold onto it for 10+ years? Or sell the Garand, which I'd rather not do? What would the estimate price of these things be once the last WWII vets die and it becomes another part of history just like WWI?

I wanna buy one of those big pistols and put a sig brace on it, but they're pricey. Currently eyeing the CZ Scorpion. None of my guns have any accessories so I'm gonna add a ton of tacticool shit to it like a light, red dot, drum magazine, bump fire grip etc and just have fun. Am I being materialistic in wanting this over an important piece of history?
>>
File: Kar98k_cutaway_diagram.jpg (308KB, 2145x1030px) Image search: [Google]
Kar98k_cutaway_diagram.jpg
308KB, 2145x1030px
I remember; it was a 1938 Mauser Werke that appeared all-matching right? Just missing the cleaning rod? If it is legit all-stamped-numbers matching it could be worth $800-1200.

Personally, I'd sell your bubba'ed Israeli and keep the '38; it's not often you find correct pre-War 98ks and it's a better example of the model since it hasn't been bubba'ed.
>>
>>34981056
Correct, the one that I got in that too good to be true deal.

Caliber is everything to me, and I'd much rather have a good looking refinished .308 Mauser with a swept bolt/aftermarket sight hood/fucked up flattened receiver than something authentic that I'll never shoot. That is unless they'll spike in price in the coming years.
>>
>>34981015

Garands will probably keep going up in price at this point. Nazi related guns have reached exorbitantly high prices and I think that they will slowly start to soften over time like USGI 1911's will. For example, People like a nice WWII Colt but there's just not many people who are willing to shell out $3000 for one that's all Colt but worn.
>>
>>34981090
Prices aren't likely to rise much with k98s. At least not drastically. If you have no interest in collecting milsurp and shooting them in their original caliber, then just sell it or trade it.
>>
>>34981090
>unless they'll spike in price in the coming years.
Well the value of the Kar.98k will only increase as time goes on. I'll bet in 10 years your rifle will be worth double what it is now.
>>
>>34981090
nazi shit only gets more and more popular
>>
It saddens me, but it's the course of time. The surplus runs out, the prices are no longer cheap. I'm not one to buy a gun for historic value. It's neat to consider, but long story short, I'm seeing M44s for $350, when you can score an AR for around $400.
>>
>>34981015
Every post/thread you make reeks of a poorfag suddenly having a lot of money on his hands and doesn't know what the fuck to do with it.
>>
>>34981015
I swear every post you make is more retarded. Seriously needing to sell a gun you got for dirt cheap only a few days ago to fund a CZ Scorpion already? Scorpions are like one of the cheapest options anyways. How much of a poorfag are you?
>>
>>34982722
I think he legitimately has serious autism, and JUST got into guns and feels like he needs all the guns instantaneously.
>>
>>34982540
>>34982722
>>34983156
Fuck off
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.