[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Perfecting the SIG P229 v2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170826_085101.jpg (2MB, 3950x2962px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170826_085101.jpg
2MB, 3950x2962px
>>34976526

That thread died while I slept, so here is the response and more images.

>>34976895
Yes, on two separate occasions. Once when shooting some Tul ammo, and another before I cut the decocker down when my hand engaged the decocker while shooting with a high forward grip.

>>34977091
Look at the attached image. That grip technique will cause decocker engagement and slow the hammer causing a light primer strike.

This isn't a marketing post, so why would I expound on the merits of DA/SA?

>>34977205
I'll post another image with my traditional technique that I've been using successfully for 5 years with this gun.

The image posted on here is a grip more akin to Bob Vogel's and has proved to improve my performance measured over ~300 rounds and a shot timer.
>>
File: IMG_20170826_085302.jpg (2MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170826_085302.jpg
2MB, 4048x3036px
This is the old grip technique I've been using successfully for 5 years with this gun.

Much lower, and more muzzle flip
>>
Were P229s ever made in Germany or only in Exeter?
>>
>>34979971
I generally assume when I'm using this grip that my slide lock will not engage on my Glock, and it usually does not
>>
>>34980280
The factory slide lock on the Glock is much more tucked away than the factory P229 slide lock. (Especially with these Houge grips I have.) So much more tucked away that many trainers teach releasing the slide with an overhand racking technique for a more reliable first try release. The other option is to get an aftermarket extended slide release lever which makes it similar to the Sig's and people with certain hand sizes do report issues when using a high grip.

Basically I made my P229 slide release more like a Glock's factory release, and others make their Glock factory release more like a SIG's.

I cut it down just enough so it doesn't get manipulated during firing, but not enough to make it hard to activate with the strong side thumb.

I initially purchased a legion/P224 slide lever, but it was cut in a way that pointed towards the front of the gun. This cut is similar in shape and size, but extends to the rear.
>>
>>34980262
OP here.
I have a P229 with a German frame and Exeter slide markings, but I'm told it was all made in Germany, and the slide had to be marked Exeter when imported.

My other P229 is all Exeter. The one in the picture is actually the old German slide on an Exeter frame.

The German P229 has about 3000 rounds through it, and the Exeter has about 5000 9, 357, and 40 plus 8000 .22lr.

Both guns have performed flawlessly with only springs being changed out at recommend intervals because they are my carry guns.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.