[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sig Sauer 556 Swat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Sig 556 SWAT.jpg (6KB, 450x144px) Image search: [Google]
Sig 556 SWAT.jpg
6KB, 450x144px
I'm considering getting the Sig 556 Swat as my next weapon /k/. Have yall tried it and could yall recomend it?
>>
>>34978511
I have a sig556xi and it's pretty nice.
It shoots well and it fits me perfectly ergonomically speaking.
The charging handle is teeny tiny though and don't count on aftermarket support or spare parts since it's discontinued.

I would suggest getting a bren 805 carbine if you're too hipster for an ar15 like me.
>>
>>34978618
Thanks for your input I'll look at the Bren.
>>
>>34978618
I was mainly looking for something that is similar to the AR but less work for striping it.
>>
>>34978664
Well the AR-15 is already pretty easy as it is.
As for the sig, it's probably the same as the xi that I have, which means you:
you pop 2 pins
seperate the upper and lower
twist the piston cap off
take out the charging handle
then bcg and gas tube should all just slide out the back of the upper.

I think the Bren is actually slightly more complicated than the sig and ar15 with regards to stripping, but the action is better designed in general. The bolt hold open thing sucks though imo.
>>
>>34978511
Hey buddy. Did you know that Sig is withholding the legit stuff from american hands? Check this out.

http://www.swissarms.ch/en/

This is why you got subpar 16lb trigger piston ARs. Why would you support a company like that?
>>
>>34978789
I didn't know they did that.
>>
>>34978789
Canuck, here. Can confirm. Even the HUE's make better SIG rifles.
>>
>>34978812
HUE? I still don't know shit when it comes to arms companies.
>>
>>34978829
>HUE
BR
>>
>>34978511
It's not a bad gun at all- it's only issue is that any particular reason you want to buy it for there's another gun that does it better
>>
File: o2737814.jpg (2MB, 7360x4912px) Image search: [Google]
o2737814.jpg
2MB, 7360x4912px
>>34980596
yea, this. i have the Sig 556, but with the classy swiss furniture. it's great, but it has some quirks. one of which; it's heavy. another is it rattles everywhere(loose tolerances like an ak). also, parts availability WILL become a problem.

my advice would be to snag a Sig 516 piston upper. it's for sale on their website.
>>
>>34979905
I thought the Chileans were the guys with SIGs.
>>
File: SIG Kumbyaa.jpg (588KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
SIG Kumbyaa.jpg
588KB, 1000x750px
You can get a real deal SAN firearm (albeit in pistol form) from https://www.sanswissarms.com/news.html. They were able to get me a 552 to 553 conversion kit for my 552, as well as a few SAN accessories. The 552 was from the police trade ins that Midwest distributors sold.

As far as the 556 Swat goes, I had the 556 Patrol for a time, and it was reliable once I started using non-shit mags. The Sig mags weren't very good, but any aluminum milspec or Magpul mags worked like a champ. The only complaint I had was what >>34980632 said in that it is front heavy for what it is. However it was a good rifle, but I ended up trading.
>>
>>34980658
You're right. That's my bad.
>>
>>34978789
>withholding
?

Swiss arms is near bankrupt and thirsting for US sales. They partnered with jdi to bring the latest pistol batches in. They cant export rifles/sbrs because of 922r
>>
>>34982039
It's already owned by Sig Sauer though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.