[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gas Mask Showdown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: 712130835.png (1MB, 1776x990px) Image search: [Google]
712130835.png
1MB, 1776x990px
Worstkoreafag here looking to purchase a gas mask (APR).

I've narrowed it down to the american MSA UltraElite and the german Dräger CDR4500.

Both cost about the same (MSA is slightly pricier) and both have CBRN certification. I'm probably going to get an Airboss canister for them, but before that I need to invest in a rubber mask that will even let the can do its job.

Anyone here have opinions on either brands? I'm of course going to get them off ebay for about $70 and $50, respectively.
>>
>that pic

Firefighters don't use gas masks, they use an S.C.B.A.
>>
File: 718140802.png (410KB, 724x955px) Image search: [Google]
718140802.png
410KB, 724x955px
And this is the filter can i'm going to get off ebay as well, for $50 each and with a long shelf life. CBRN Cap1 certified and the company's instruction manual says it has a 10-year(!) shelf life, so on ebay these things still have like 5 years left on em.
>>
File: 720140824.png (298KB, 757x979px) Image search: [Google]
720140824.png
298KB, 757x979px
>>34977628
Super sharp observation, anon.
The manual actually says they're interchangeable, but should be designated to only one type of use.
>>
>>34977628
Did you notice the tyvek coveralls?
Firefighters don't just fight fire, usually they are also the first responders for chemical spills and cleanup as well.
>>
File: 714130808.png (284KB, 1045x667px) Image search: [Google]
714130808.png
284KB, 1045x667px
Fuck.

Nobody?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (246KB, 1543x624px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
246KB, 1543x624px
Anyone know what's wrong with these masks?

These are two of the same item being sold by the same seller, but the one on the left is cheaper because it's "missing an intake valve."

I have no idea what that even means. Every other version of the mask looks like the one on the right. How is there even space to screw in a canister with the white rubber on the right?
>>
>>34978387
I think the one on the right just has the white rubber part put in the wrong direction. It's supposed to be inserted in from the inside of the mask into the black plastic part?
>>
remember to shave your neckbeards to get a proper seal on your gas masks
>>
Just buy the whole scba, sure it's heavy and expensive but you get used to it pretty quickly, I barely notice it in use.
Or stop wasting your money on larping and use it on actual necessities like food and ammo
>>
>>34978649
What are South Korea's gun laws like anyway?
>>
>>34978731
Just googled em, it's not pretty. It's your standard "Everything that accelerates objects is a firearm and must be stored at the police station" pretty much anything not fudd is banned.
Must have missed the inferiorkoreafag part
>>
>>34978774
Lol yep. Korea is a gun-free zone (except for most parts of busan where russian fags and mafia bring in the guns by boat)
>>
MSA Millenium

Front mounted canisters are less comfy than side mount. I have used both kinds and the millennium is far more comfy than the Scott AV3000

Also millennium has a tube for drinking out of a canteen or camelback
>>
>>34979684
Where'd you buy yours?

Those are expensive as hell too.
>>
>not using the general grievous 2000$ bulletproof mask with prescription lenses, nv mount, in built comms, cooling system.
P L E B S
>>
>>34980639
Both i got from people in those services. The local FD was retiring the masks and getting new ones

The millennium I got from when the military phased it out for that new thing
>>
>>34980726
That's pretty badass.

Could I get your input on the pic here? >>34978387

I have no experience with masks and I want to gear up my whole family so the cheaper Drager suits me better, but communication with the seller is shitty because he doesn't speak much english, but apparently its just a bunch of old stock he got his hands on, and they dont come in the box. Just the shrink wrap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261597200508

Worth the investment?
>>
>>34978387
Don't cheap out on a mask you're trusting your life to. Buy it from an actual dealer for $50 more.
>>
>>34980779
Fuck, that's the thing. The Ebay ones are $50 and the dealer ones cost over $300 each. I can't outfit my family with that much, because at that point I'd need really expensive, official dealer-sold chem suits to make the investment make sense.
>>
Get an Israeli mask with brand new filters.
>>
>>34977612
I only have experience with military masks. However, I have done a lot of training and wore this stuff a lot in GW1. Remember, get a true CBRN rated filter. Make sure it will protect against VX. If it does not specifically say this, do not trust it. You can buy sealed cans of current military 40mm filters on ebay. These are gtg. Make sure you understand how various agents work. You will most likely face VX but NK has the full spectrum of agents. Educate yourself on how they work and protective measures. Don't forget full MOPP protection. You can buy a true JLST on ebay or roll your own suit with a rain suits, and rubber boots and gloves. Learn how to put all of this stuff on and how to use it. Practice. When that alarm goes off you will have very little time. Learn how to shelter in place. Keep tape and plastic sheeting in your home. If you travel with your mask, at least keep some light plastic rain gear on hand. If caught on the street when the balloon goes up, get off the street. I would avoid underground shelters. You will most likely face a mix of conventional artillery and chemical shells. Get into the a concrete building with about 4 or 5 floors, move to the second floor and into an interior room with no windows. Get under a desk. Wait out the initial attack and follow the instructions of civil defense personnel. Have fun, be safe!
>>
>>34980749
Draeger, Scott and MSA are the top of the line you can find them if you look around, like I said, fire departments replace them every so often

North and 3M are also good. You can get full face 3M and their canisters at Home Depot, but I depends on what you are trying to filter. The other thing most people don't understand is that some gases are not just lethal, but are also oxygen displacing. Won't matter a damn bit that you filtered the lethal gas if there's only 19% oxygen

Take a CBRNE class. Online on the FEMA website or pick up a NIOSH guide
>>
>I'd tell you what's in the canisters
>But then I'd have to kill you
>>
>>34977643
>>34980846
>>
>tfw I'm a poorfag and couldn't afford any of this
at least I got some NBC overalls
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (46KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
46KB, 500x425px
>>34980821
>GW
Gerätewagen?
Thanks for the expert input.
I'm thinking of getting a sealed, old-stock drager mask off ebay for cheap and pray it's not missing any components. Doing a leak test would fail if it did, right?

Then I'm getting some CBRN cans by Airboss off of Ebay as well, making sure they have 4~5 years left on their expiration date.

Is this a good plan?

And according to this chart, I need at least a Tychem F suit, which is hundreds of dollars more to worry about too. The cheapest $10 QC suits should offer SOME protection for just bugging in our out, right?
>>
>>34980901
Be sure to buy some scent or irritant compounds to check for your seal. Will catch more than a quick positive/negative pressure and the packets are cheap enough
>>
>>34981189
Thats a great idea. Ill try to find some compounds on amazon before I just try mixing bleach and ammonia
>>
>>34977628
>Firefighters don't use gas masks

the scba mask is LITERALLY just a gas mask without a filter, and that ad clearly shows a filter you can buy.

OP you can find used MSA masks and rigs on ebay for a couple hundred bucks, not so sure about that filter though.
>>
>>34981189
Also some ph paper. Stick it to the outside of your mask and you can see if it changes
>>
>>34977612
get the m2000 mask

its ther german military gas mask and one of the best on the planet and it will cost you about 150€
>>
>>34980718
post pics or fuck you
>>
Army CBRN fag here

Get civi masks over military masks when at all possible. Much better quality. Also if you start buying JSLIST and shit, know that they do have shelf lives, and keep them in the air sealed bag you get them in. If they come out of a bag, do not trust them to protect you. Also, remember that JSLIST doesn't just give you free reign in chem environments and what not; it's only going to guarantee to protect you for about 24-ish hours before it quickly starts to degrade in its ability to protect you.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.