[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kids and guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1503720061773.jpg (67KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
1503720061773.jpg
67KB, 640x853px
when should kids learn to shoot? How young is to young for them to hold interest, but old enough that they understand and learn?

anyone ever teach or supervise kids shooting?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94q_-imtnlo
>>
>>34977158
When my wife and I have a kid or two they're going to learn how to be safe around guns as soon as they understand words.
Safety comes first and learning to shoot comes when they can hold the gun on their own or when they want to learn with help.
>>
>>34977164
gtfo cp boy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCkFSe3voRc
>>
>>34977158

I'd start with a bb gun around 5-6. Teach them the fundamentals/safety rules then move up to a 22 for a few years.
>>
I was taught on little .22 bolt action baby guns in the cub scouts. That woulda been like 6-9 somewhere.
>>
>>34977158
My dad's rule of thumb was if they are old enough to handle a dick, they are old enough to shoot.
>>
>>34977158
Started with a Ruger Target Pistol at 5. Got a Red Ryder at 6. There isnt any kind of linear progression you should follow, just do what they are comfortable with.
>>
I just came to this thread to textually abuse pedos when they show up defending child rape.
>>
>>34979432
was thinking the same thing
>>
>>34977158
>dad is cop
>when I'm 6-7 he gets me a .22 boltgun
>when I'm 10 he lets me use a shotgun from the armory
>when I'm 13 he gets a full retard M4 and MP5 from the armory
>deck the M4 out in grandpas vietnam AR stuff
>shoot thousands of dollars of county ammo
it helps that he was the captain and knew the armorer, he tells me.
the funniest part?
we live in fucking NJ
cops really are above the law here
>>
File: IMG_0596.jpg (14KB, 239x239px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0596.jpg
14KB, 239x239px
>>34982911
Your dad sounds great
>>
>>34981854
what are you going to do if they never show?
>>
>>34979471
When my dad was growing up his dad's motto for guns was if you can hold it you can use it. Dad and all his brothers were sent out to the grandparents farm at 6-7 and spend their time walking around it with .22's shooting gophers and other varmits. Kinda crazy how much has changed in a couple generations
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.