[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Perfecting the SIG P229

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 481_1503716518000.jpg (191KB, 1794x1080px) Image search: [Google]
481_1503716518000.jpg
191KB, 1794x1080px
>Be me
>Have P229 in .357SIG
>Have .40, and .22lr conversions
>Score consistently in top 5 overall (2-3rd in production) out of 25-30 people at IDPA matches with .357SIG

>Getting jealous of Bob Vogel's high forward grip on Glock.
>Try grip with P229
>Light primer strikes from decocker engagement
>Failure to lock back on last round from slide lock engagement
>Well, at least my double strike capability works, so I have that going for me.

>Buy replacement decocker, and P224/Legion slide stop

>Chop old decocker and slide stop lever
>Buy 9mm conversion barrel
>Shoot 500 rounds of 9mm with high grip and no malfunctions.

Now I have my perfect CC and IDPA gun.

Notes:
I change out my flat trigger to a overtravel adjustment curved trigger for IDPA.

I added trijicon hd XR sights that work great

I made a solid stainless guide rod that adds a little weight to the nose.

The Houge g10 grips are the most grippy I've found.

The .40 mags work just fine with 9mm in my gun.
>>
Also, both cut controls are still easy to manipulate on command.
>>
Ugly little cuss, but that's hardly the point. I would love to have a SAO P220 some day so I'll give you a courtesy bump
>>
>>34976526
I absolutely love the 229. It's my next purchase no doubt
>>
>>34976526
>double strike capability
Be honest, have you ever done that one time where it's worked?
>>
>>34976526
>Light primer strikes from decocker engagement

How the fuck do you even manage this? And double strike capability is a marketing meme, there are plenty of merits to DA/SA that you haven't even touched on which is indicative to your level of training with it.
>>
How the fuck did you managed to engage the decocker? I would understand the slide stop issue because I do that when I was new. But how the fuck did you fuck up so badly with the decocker?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.