[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

P 64

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1501803896444.png (80KB, 1982x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1501803896444.png
80KB, 1982x1133px
I've heard mixed opinions on the P64. For it's price point is it a meme or a viable first gun for poorfags? What makes it good or bad?
>do you hate the heel release that much?
Pic unrelated
>>
I've said it before and I'll say it again: don't buy milsurp just to get a cheap shooter. If nothing else, the extra cost and hassle of buying an unusual ammo caliber will make it not worth the purchase before long. If you want a cheap handgun, get a Hi Point. Their ergonomics suck, but they're reliable and built like a tank, they come with an industry-leading warranty, and both spare parts and ammo are cheap and widely available.
>>
A P64 is a good starter for COLLECTING firearms, not for a shooter. They're cheap and C&R eligible so they're good for just buying when you get your C&R. The 9x18 Mak isn't commonly avalible and you'd do most of your ammo shopping online. Also, there is only one defensive load that they make in 9x18, while there are thousands in 9x17 (.380 Auto) and/or 9x19. Just save up and buy a Surplus 92S or S&W Smegma.
>>
>>34976045
>>34976084
Is finding 9x18 that difficult?
>>
File: wgl2.jpg (531KB, 1272x1008px) Image search: [Google]
wgl2.jpg
531KB, 1272x1008px
>>34976148
>Is finding 9x18 that difficult?

Depends on where you live. My local Cabela's has two or three brands, including hollowpoints.

It's a pretty gun, but expect to invest in new springs and grips to make it halfway shootable. It's heavy, snappy as fuck, and only holds 6+1 if you trust the hammer block. Most people don't.

I like mine, but I don't carry it. There are much better options available.
>>
>>34976148
Yes
>>
>>34977045
So is it a meme or not?
>>
>>34977099
The only P64 meme is how often these threads keep popping up, and how they always go the exact same way.

Eventually the supply will dry up and the P64 will be remembered the same as the SMC-918, which is not at all.
>>
>>34976002
quick rundown

pros
>easily concealable
>reliable as all fuck
>pretty nice single action trigger pull
>really cheap

cons
>absolutely fucking horrid double action trigger pull (though this can be fixed with a wolf spring pretty easily)
>recoil is brutal
>hard to get a good grip on the gun
>autistic heel mag release
>little to no aftermarket
>>
>>34978775
>autistic heel mag release
fucking american why cant you use heel releases are all your fingers too fat to operate them?
>>
>>34976045
>Hi-point
>Reliable
Pls stop spreading this meme Tyrone.
>>
>>34978784
Every country that has developed pistols with heel releases, don't anymore because they understand how shit they are in comparison
>>
>>34978804
With the right ammo it's a tank. With the wrong ammo it's a club.
>>
File: IMG_20170801_170244.jpg (3MB, 2774x3487px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170801_170244.jpg
3MB, 2774x3487px
It's garbage. Spend the extra for a mak if you want milsurp 9x18

T. Owner of both
>>
>>34979332
I remember there was some hype a while back about the hungarian? FEG's ppk knockoff which was pretty cheap too. They also had some other 9x19 hi power clone that was supposed to be okay in a much lower price bracket than a real mak is these days.
>>
>>34979332
As another owner of both as well, bullshit.
While the P64 has its idiosyncrasies, it's far from "trash".
Yes it's got a heavier double action pull, to the point where pussies like you can't squeeze the trigger.
Yes, it does seem to be harsher recoiling than a Mak.
>And Yes, if you have an option to only get one, you should get a Makarov.
But that hardly makes a P64 trash.
>>
>>34979454
Do the p64's use legit mak mags?
>>
>>34979460
Nope. They have their own mags.
And they're justas hard to find as makarov mags are.
Both seem to come in in spurts, so if they pop up grab some.
>if you have either gun, that is
>>
>>34976002
They suck. On some of them if you engage the safety while the hammer is back, the firing pin will rotate rendering the gun inoperable.
>>
>>34976002
P64 fucking sucks. Get a Bulgarian Makarov.
>>
>>34977046
No it's not. I don't know why people say this. Every single LGS in my area sells 9x18 target and defense loads and they cost about the same as .380 It's not hard to get at all.
>>
>>34976002
May I suggest the Czechnology-driven cz-82 as an alternative if you're looking for a 9x18 shooter?
>>
>>34976148
ts available online just about everywhere at only 18 cents a 5/5 bretty good
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.