[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock Generation 5 Pistols

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 27

File: IMG_2112-660x495.jpg (103KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2112-660x495.jpg
103KB, 660x495px
No thread yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ypvDS18V5o

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/25/glock-gen5/

>No front serrations
>But they make a gen 4 "FS" (front serration) special run with front serrations

Also hope they make gen 5 available with an OD green frame from the get go so I can use it in IPSC production without breaking the "no recolouring your pistol" rule.
>>
>>34970377
no 17L?
>>
>the big gen5 change was making the guns look like gen 2
>>
>>34970396
GLOCK GEN5 FEATURES:

>nDLC finish for barrel and slide – GLOCK‘s nDLC provides tougher, more durable protection than previously used finish. The nDLC finish is exclusive to the GLOCK manufacturing process. The nDLC finish increases protection against corrosion and scratching and improves the ability of the pistol to function in degreased or adverse conditions. The nDLC finish will be exclusive to Gen5 pistols at this time.
>GLOCK Marksman Barrel -The GLOCK Marksman Barrel (GMB) features new barrel rifling which delivers improved accuracy.
>Removal of the finger grooves on the grip – Removing the finger grooves improves the ergonomics of the grip. The absence of finger grooves improves the ability of the pistol to deliver a consistently comfortable grip to a wider range of consumers, regardless of their finger size and whether or not gloves are worn.
>Ambidextrous Slide Stop Lever – The ambidextrous slide stop lever makes it easier for gun owners to quickly, safely and comfortably manipulate the slide whether they are left-handed or right-handed.
>Flared mag-well – The larger opening of the flared mag-well makes it easier to funnel the magazine into the mag-well, particularly in high-stress situations where fractions of seconds matter.
>GLOCK Gen5 Magazine – The new GLOCK Gen5 magazine comes with an orange follower and a floor plate which is extended at the front for faster magazine change.

I'm actually ok with it looking like gen 2 because I don't own a Glock yet, and like that they removed the finger grooves, among other changes.
>>
>>34970377
34 when? I was thinking about buying one next year
>>
26 plz
>>
I see the iPhone of pistols is releasing a new generation of the same thing that's just like the last generation.
>>
>>34970688
I see it as they unfucked the previous issues with the gun, I.E; finish, finger grooves, barrel, that stopped most people from even owning a glock. Ive never owned one because it lacked in those areas, but now ill probably try one out in 6 months after all the beta testers get through them.
>>
>>34971427
Personally I like the finger grooves and there's nothing wrong with the barrel or the finish.

The biggest benefits I see are the ambi slide release. I'm personally not fond of the flared magwell or the removal of the finger grooves. I thought they were comfy. Also, the marksman barrel thing is okay I suppose but the Glock barrel has always been more accurate than anyone needed outside of maybe a dedicated competition gun.
>>
>>34970377
Who gives a fuck though? It's still a Glock.
>>
Any ETA? I was going to buy a G19 but now I feel like waiting, I really like the grooveless grip on my 43
>>
fucks sake, no front serrations?
dammit Glock.
I'll still buy one tho...
>>
>>34971477
My hand and fingers geometry didnt fit glocks comfortably. I could shoot them just fine, just felt awkward. Until the sig 320s came out I thought i was stuck shooting 1911s.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9erZOL7RCw
>not posting memeocci
>>
>>34970377
I'm glad they removed the finger grooves.

Finger grooves are fine if they fit your hand, but can be annoying if they don't.

Also, I think they're better on a revolver than an autoloader.
>>
>>34970377
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9erZOL7RCw
>>
>>34971520
I don't understand this meme. Those are literally only useful for before you start shooting
>>
>>34971540
I get that. I didn't like Glocks until the gen 4s came out.
>>
>>34971553
/thread
>>
Ok I guess I'm the one who's going to say it.

How do we know the gen 5 won't have problems of the bat?

Look what happen with gen4 when they first came out it was a disaster.
>>
>>34971712
Thats why dont buy one for at least 6 months, to let all the beta testers work the kinks out.
>>
File: 1499812495456.jpg (51KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
1499812495456.jpg
51KB, 1024x749px
>Glockfags will buy this and call it the best handgun ever
>They'll still send it in to customize it
>>
>>34971616
Because Glock owners are butthurt that they're competition does it right out of the box while the owners either have to send it in and spend more money to get it done or buy one of those summer special models. They tell themselves its unnecessary to feel better.
>>
>>34970662
This
>>
File: memeglock.jpg (114KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
memeglock.jpg
114KB, 1000x1000px
I wonder if glock gen3 prices will fall farther now.

Been wanting to grab a Gen3 G32 for awhile, but the prices keep going down so I keep waiting.
>>
>>34970396

Which means I'll be purchasing a new glock for the first time ever

>also hoping this drops Gen2 prices because lack of finger grooves is the only reason I've always bought Gen2's over everything else. Fuck finger grooves, seriously.
>>
>>34970429

>GLOCK Gen5 Magazine – The new GLOCK Gen5 magazine comes with an orange follower and a floor plate which is extended at the front for faster magazine change.

Compatibility with old magazines or no? Because if they fucked us on that, then fuck them.
>>
>>34971838
>not watching memeocci's video explaining all of the new features in detail
its literally just a new floor plate and follower
>>
>>34971854

Nigger, I'm in the middle of nowhere on shit-tier moon cricket internet. It would take me 20-30 minutes to watch that fucking video.

>but only took you two minutes to answer my question

Thanks anon. You're doing a service to shitty internet users like myself.
>>
>>34970662
This. But it'll mean I will ha e two 26's. Can't get rid of my original thicc because a new one rolled out.
>>
>>34970377
>no fix shitty sights
>no add safety model
>no fix trigger pull for disassembly
>only barely ameliorate dog shit ergos
>fux with already adequate finish, magazines, accuracy, and recoil assembly
Im not sure why i still posses the capacity to be disappointed by a glawk announcement but that doesn't change these feels
>>
File: why do you exist.jpg (33KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
why do you exist.jpg
33KB, 704x480px
>>34971908
>no add safety model
>wtf why hasn't smith and wesson made a revolver with a manual safety
>no fix trigger pull for disassembly
>I can't verify that a gun is unloaded
>>
>>34971712
What were the issues the Gen4 had at the beginning? Brass to the face?
>>
>>34971807

What do you get right out of the box with other names within $100 that glock doesn't have?

All I can think of is the PPQ's trigger but it's bigger than a glock 19 with the same capacity, more expensive to purchase, and magazines cost twice as much.

People change them because it's cheaper than for other brands to personalize their gun.
>>
BACKPLATES ARE DIFFERENT HAHAHAHAHAHA

I JUST BOUGHT A GOLD PLATED PUNISHER LOGO ONE FOR $60
>>
>>34971936
not a glock fag but afaik it was weak and erratic ejection for a while.
>>
>>34971807
No, that's not what I was asking. Why are y'all constantly bitching and moaning about front serrations on the slide when after you've shot 6 rounds, those serrations are useless.
>>
>>34970429
You forgot the biggest improvement of all: price fall on gen4 as glawkfags flood the market trading in for !!GEN5!!
>>
>>34971923
>wtf why hasn't smith and wesson made a revolver with a manual safety
Nice strawman, more like if the 1911 had a FPB but absolutely no manual safeties. I mean, who wouldn't want that for a defensive firearm?
>I can't verify that a gun is unloaded
Because that totally excuses having your design unnecessarily require a trigger pull for disassembly, forcing an individual to break firearms rules of safety simply to service it.

Glock never fixes the designs only real deficits.

>inb4 glock purrfexion, if you want anything other than glock stock features then ur bad and wrong
>>
Still plastic sights.
>>
>>34971936
Ejection and general reliability issues with the 9mm models. Specifically i think they ended up having to change the extractor and recoil spring assembly to get them to run right. Supposedly some continued to have problems regardless but that's just what i heard from ass fiends on the internet.
>>
>>34972061
Its like Glockfags can't into capitalism and the concept of choice.

>inb4 glock purrfexion, if you want anything other than glock stock features then ur bad and wrong
This so much it hurts.
>>
>>34972061
>Nice strawman, more like if the 1911 had a FPB but absolutely no manual safeties. I mean, who wouldn't want that for a defensive firearm?
why don't you complain about the vp9,ppq and every other striker gun with no safety then?

>Because that totally excuses having your design unnecessarily require a trigger pull for disassembly, forcing an individual to break firearms rules of safety simply to service it.
>I never ever dry fire my guns ever
ok buddy
>>
>>34971936
brass to the face, ejection not being as consistent as the gen3. mostly the brass to the face thing. you still never heard jam just wah my face.
>>
>>34972121
>why don't you complain about the vp9,ppq and every other striker gun with no safety then

You can disassemble the VP9 without pulling the trigger. Its like, oh I dunno, HK thought that may be a good idea or something.

>Because that totally excuses having your design unnecessarily require a trigger pull for disassembly, forcing an individual to break firearms rules of safety simply to service it.
Those are two complete different concepts, but okay.
>>
>>34972121
>why don't you complain about the vp9,ppq and every other striker gun with no safety then?
Why do you assume that i don't? i think that safetyless striker fired guns in their current form are essentially a meme.

>having the ability to to use a gun unsafely = being required by it's design to use it unsafely
Ok, buddy. You probably don't even dry fire in a safe direction...
>>
stock suppressor sights???
>>
>>34972163
>You can disassemble the VP9 without pulling the trigger. Its like, oh I dunno, HK thought that may be a good idea or something.

I was responding to the statement on manual safeties you mongoloid

>>34972163
>>34972181

>geez oh man a round is magically gonna fly into the gun after I take the mag out and check the chamber when I'm cleaning it
Have you considered investing in Clearing Buckets™ ?
>>
File: P10c - TLR1 HL.jpg (484KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
P10c - TLR1 HL.jpg
484KB, 1600x1600px
>>34970377
But OP the gen 5 has been out for months
>>
File: tumblr_md8a2p7pk11ql48v6o1_500.png (74KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_md8a2p7pk11ql48v6o1_500.png
74KB, 500x475px
>when your engineers are utterly worthless so you have to re-release the Gen 2.
>>
>>34971876
I've been holding out. Shot my friend's quite a bit. I have a couple of subcompact 9mms but not a poly doublestack.
>>
>>34972268
>having the option of buying a glock model with a manual safety is bad
>A glock that doesn't require a trigger pull for disassembly is bad
>you should feel bad and are wrong for thinking otherwise
>pepelememe counter arguments

Unrepentant glocksucker detected. The near religious fervor with which you believe in GLOCK BRAND GLOCK PERFECTION speaks absolute volumes as to your probable critical thinking skills.
>>
File: Glock and Alien Gear.png (532KB, 576x605px) Image search: [Google]
Glock and Alien Gear.png
532KB, 576x605px
I bought the best Gen to come out, Gen3, well after the Gen4 was released.

Glock can keep doing this till Gen1000000 if they want, doesn't matter. The people who like Glocks will continue to buy them, and the people that hate Glocks will continue to whine about them.

We've been doing this a while now fellas. Trust me: You DONT have anything new to say about it.
>>
>>34971985
Because when you bring up the existance of rear serrations, the only response you get is how some people are unable to use rear serrations because of weakngrip and they need to put their entire hand on the entire length of slide in order to manipulate it.
>>
>>34972332
Ugly as fudge. Sick of all the copy cats. Come up with something original don't just copy-cat Glock pistols. If I want a Glock looking pistol I'll get the real deal not a Chink tier-copy-cat.
>>
>>34972404
I actually agree about the gen 3 thing. I don't like the gen 4 and 5 frames with the whole backstrap deals, I do however like the gen 5 groveless frame. If only they made a gen 5 without the extra backstrap bullshit.
>>
File: 357meme.jpg (658KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
357meme.jpg
658KB, 1600x900px
>>34971828
>Been wanting to grab a Gen3 G32
Do it m'dude you wont be disappointed
>>
>>34972781
That makes no sense to me. It's a single piece of metal, it doesn't really matter where you grab it, it's all going to move. Furthermore, forward serrations are useless after you've been shooting.
>>
File: Glock-1911.jpg (145KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Glock-1911.jpg
145KB, 640x480px
Is there any reason to get the new 1911 Glock over the other .45 glocks?
>>
Glock is truly the Apple of guns. Every new product is just a slightly modified version of the last one and that's all they sell.
>>
>>34973087

The photoshop job on the logo on the grip is atrocious
>>
>>34973122
Why radically change something that isn't broken?
>>
>>34970377
All I really wish for them to do at this point is make a nice VP9-like trigger and then it'd be golden.
>>
>>34972347
You're going to like it, anon. The 43 was a bit too petite for me but the 26 lovely.
>>
Are glock 19's easily concealable or should I just wait for gen 5 glock 26's? I'm so used to concealing subcompacts so not sure if the little extra grip length on the 19 is too difficult but I suppose this depends on body type as well.
>>
>>34973716
Depends on where you carry. Appendix is fine with the right kind of shirt to disguise it. 4 o'clock is best imo. The holster is probably the most important aspect.
>>
>>34970377
Oh look, the same goddamn thing for the 5th time.

I like how they advertise that it's now ambi yet it's fucking not. They only made the slide stop on both sides, one of the least important controls...
>>
>>34970377
Not fully ambi
Still has proprietary rail
Still has slippery front slide
Still has plastic mags that are shit to load when dirty
Still has a shitty loaded chamber indicator, if you actually check your chamber every day like you should it'll keep you guessing if there's actually a round in there. Or you could actually pull the slide back (using the difficult method because again no front serrations) and eventually unseat your round if you do it too much (this is probably what causes glocknades)

Meanwhile the FNS solves all of these issues. Get a gun made by an actual professional company, not the Ford of guns.
>>
>>34974065
>Still has proprietary rail
>is a 1913 rail
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>34973122
What's the problem though? They're basically just discontinuing the gen 4, and going "hey from now one we're making them like this". If you already own a glock you don't need to buy a new one, and old models will be cheaper now. Stop bitching
>>
>>34972087

there are steel or night sight options available from the factory in the gen 5
>>
>>34975140
Are night/fibre optic sights usually steel?
>>
>>34975163

night sights usually are i think, not sure about fiber optic

night sights are ameriglo
>>
>>34975177
>>34975177
Which do you think would be best for practical/tactical kind of shooting (think IPSC/duty)?
>>
>>34970377
>Gen 5
>Gen 4 with no finger grooves
Gay.
>>
>>34973122
>>34973138
Kinda true

BUT

Gen 5 isn't backwards compatible with pretty much anything BUT magazines.
>>
>>34975186

Both night sights and fiber optics are usually steel sights and so you can go either way and it'll depend on user preferences. I would imagine a blacked out rear and a fiber optic front would be perfect for competition. Attach a weapon mounted light and you'll be fine for duty carry. Be sure to check if your fiber optic breaks but even if it does it'll just look like all black sights so you just sandcastle the sights before firing.
>>
>>34975210
I'm ok with this though. What else could you do to a Glock to change it?
>>
>>34970377
I guess I'll be seeing a lot of

"Glock 19 for sale, 100 rounds down the pipe. $xxx firm or possible trade for Gen 5 Glock 19"

on armslist in the coming months.
>>
>>34975186
>>34975177
>>34975163
fiber optic sights are steel sights with a hole drilled and a window cut so a fiber rod can be placed

no one serious in competition shooting uses night sights, fiber optics are the way to go unless this is some home defense gun or something that you just use for matches to practice

>>34973009
protip: just don't use the backstraps

>>34972332
the mag release is utter shit the rest of the gun is fantastic
>>
>>34970377
is this a real rule? uspsa doesn't give a fuck about gun color
>>
>>34973009
>>34973009
Backstrap is good for various hand sizes. It also allows for a beavertail backstrap. Just use the standard backstrap if you don't like it.
>>
>>34970377
>muh press checks
Why is this such a big deal?
>>
>>34975408
Other prohibited modifications include... changing the original color and/or finish of a handgun, and/or adding stripes, stippling or other embellishments.
IPSC Handgun Competition Rules (2017), Appendix D4, 16.1
>>
>>34972332
>Does everything a glock 19 does
>Except fatter and heavier
They tried.
>>
>>34975408
>>34975474
Keep in mind sorry, this is only for "PRODUCTION" division of competition. No such rule exists in the other divisions.
>>
>>34970377
In 6-8 months once every Glock fanboy has a basic Gen 5 and has had a chance to show it off to his range buddies, they're going to release some with front serrations and charge $100 more. They're taking pages out of the Apple playbook.
>>
Is it confirmed that it's compatible with parts from previous Glock gens?
>>
>>34975511
I'm angry because I know this is true. Front serrations and other things that should be stock from the get-go will be to Glock what the "S" series of phones are to Apple.
>>
>>34971908
They did fix the sights, metal sights from the factory or night sights.
>>
>>34974065
>Not fully ambi
Yes it is.
>Still has proprietary rail
And? Every accessory is designed around glocks. They're more standardized than pictinny, and look better to boot.
>Still has slippery front slide
The glock finish is so rough feeling, i dont even feel like i need rear serrations. If you think the glock finish is slippery, I'd hate to see you handle a gun with wood grips. It'd probably be like handling wet soap to you.
>Still has plastic mags that are shit to load when dirty
Youre thinking of hk. Glock mags are metal with a plastic coating.
>Still has a shitty loaded chamber indicator, if you actually check your chamber every day like you should it'll keep you guessing if there's actually a round in there. Or you could actually pull the slide back (using the difficult method because again no front serrations) and eventually unseat your round if you do it too much (this is probably what causes glocknades)
What meme is this. You can see AND FEEL the loaded chamber indicator pop up. I honestly don't believe that you've ever shot a glock. Either that or you have diabetic nerve damage in your fingers.
>>
>>34975731
It's not fully ambi, retard. The mag release is still just reversible.

Glock mags are plastic on the outside, plastic grinding on plastic is shit when dirt or mud involved.

The LCI is a tiny fucking nub with no paint to indicate if it's up or not, and you can barely feel it. As I said, it's there but keeps you guessing. I'm a police officer, I don't want to fucking guess if my gun is chambered. Maybe my gf was fucking around with my gun and didn't chamber a round after, or maybe I forgot to. Great, now I get to die because of it, because it's not viable to pull the slide back every single day and ruin a round every few days/weeks.

You're not a professional and your life doesn't actually depend on your gun, LARPer. You don't autistically think about things like this. I do, and I don't prefer glcocks.
>>
>>34975490
Even USPSA production allows it but I know IPSC is pretty strict eg no G34 allowed
>>
>>34976230
Then don't buy one you angry faggot. For the rest of us that aren't retarded Glocks are exactly what they were designed to be. You know someone is a total douche-bag when they get irrationally angry at Glocks. They are objectively one of the best choices for a modern pistol. Fuck off.
>>
>>34976328
Yeah, though that's only for production division. I live in Australia so IPSC is pretty much all we have here, not even IDPA :'(

That's ok though, I like G17's size, and the open divisions look fucking autistic (giant compensators, huge magwells, huge optics, bright colours, etc.). Standard might be ok, but I imagine it'd be more expensive.
>>
>>34970688
>the iPhone of pistols
This may be the best description of Glocks I've ever heard.
>>
>>34970377
Glocks truly are the iPhone's of the pistol world
>>
>>34976230
>It's not fully ambi, retard. The mag release is still just reversible.
A reversible mag release is ambi you chimp.
>Glock mags are plastic on the outside, plastic grinding on plastic is shit when dirt or mud involved.
You should email SOCOM and let them know about this. I'm sure they'll appreciate you bringing this to their attention since they use their guns in dirty environments a lot.
>The LCI is a tiny fucking nub with no paint to indicate if it's up or not, and you can barely feel it.
Nerve damage confirmed. You could put a blindfold on me and i could tell you if any glock is chambered or not with 100% accuracy.
>As I said, it's there but keeps you guessing. I'm a police officer, I don't want to fucking guess if my gun is chambered. Maybe my gf was fucking around with my gun and didn't chamber a round after, or maybe I forgot to. Great, now I get to die because of it, because it's not viable to pull the slide back every single day and ruin a round every few days/weeks.
That's not how bullet setback works. Even if you pull the slide back to do a chamber check every day, that's still not enough force to move the bullet.
>You're not a professional and your life doesn't actually depend on your gun, LARPer. You don't autistically think about things like this. I do, and I don't prefer glcocks.
Thnk u 4 ur cervix MR. Hero, sir. I cn onlee imagin the stress the constant armed combat must be taking on u. STAY STRONG SIR!!!
>>
>>34970688
>>34976447
>>34976464
They haven't changed a fundamental part or accessory of it to make it incompatible with every legacy part i.e. changing the magazine outright.
Apple did this with the charging cable.
Until then, I wouldn't say they're as bad as Apple, but they're probably the closest thing.
>>
>>34976403
>Then don't buy one

IM FUCKING FORCED TO USE ONE. It's thanks to faggots like you who meme that they're the best thing ever.
>>
>>34976447
No, they're the Ford of pistols.

Cops use Glocks, cops use Fords. Ford crown vic police cruiser blows up when rear ended, Glock .40 blows up when shot.

They're a company that is said to be "tough and reliable" yet every once in a while they have a serious catastrophic issue that people will ignore and continue their brand whoring, like how the Ford escape leaking carbon monoxide into the cabin and making drivers pass out. Similar to that, Glock makes me want to put an exit bag over my head.
>>
>>34976501
I'd be happy carrying a glock desu.
And from a logistical perspective:
>easy disassembly; idiot proof
>easy user interface; idiot proof
>cheap
>widely available
>adjustable back strap to suit a variety of hand sizes
>doens't go off when you drop it
>>
>>34976491
>A reversible mag release is ambi

Holy shit you're dumb. I'm talking about superior, full time ambi controls. It's 2017, those exist.
>>
File: 1489985849376.png (155KB, 493x546px) Image search: [Google]
1489985849376.png
155KB, 493x546px
>>34973009
are you really so autistic that you are incapable of just not using the backstraps?
>>
>>34976552
Wouldn't it be really easy to accidentally release the magazine with your strong hand?
>>
>Flared Magwell

goodbey concealment
>>
>>34970662
Will they flare the magwell on the 26?
>>
>>34971540
I've never held a Beretta or CZ: the post.
>>
>>34971616
I unironically have no idea how to use front slide serrations.
>>
>>34970377
>no recolouring your pistol" rule.
what the fuck
>>
>>34971940
You get a better trigger and ergos with the cz for $500.
>>
>>34972229
Don't be stupid.
>>
>>34976705
I've had more issues with Glock mags falling out just because they're a bitch to get seated, and due to the placement of the release, than I've had with my FNS. I guess it comes down to placement of the release. Honestly I'd prefer they start putting heel mag releases back on guns, at least CCW pistols.
>>
>>34976917
see >>34975474
>>
>>34976491
Ive had bullet setback in a matter of 4 months just from weekend range trips.
>>
>>34976551
Nobody asked you.
>>
>>34977170
You have the emotional capacity of a child and should not be trusted with any firearm
>>
>>34971477
I sold my Glock 17 because I didn't like the finger grooves.
>>
>>34970429
also new design for the internals

>>34976538
Aside from the unsupported chamber on the 40s and the rounds getting caught on the feedramp on the 357s, what are the big problems with the glocks? My impression is that they are the "fewest parts" most reliable gun out there, is that not so?
>>
>>34970377
>Ambi slide release
>still awkward as fuck tiny slide release
>Still no ambi magazine release
>Sights are still shit

At least they improved the grip, rifling, finish and mag well. It is somewhat of an improvement, but they still have a long way to go.
>>
>>34977591
You're a fool if you think they don't have the next 4 gens planned out for the next 30 years. Why cure cancer when you can treat it. People say HK hates civilians but nobody ignores and outright acts contrary to the demands of its constituency the way glock does.
>>
>>34971540
Now you're stuck getting shot every time your clumsy ass drops your gun.
>>
>>34970388
G34 kind of replaced it
>>
>>34976885
Berettas are fat as fuck and CZ have a tiny gimp slide that's completely unergonomic.
>>
>>34976230
You're more likely to die on the job from a car crash than being killed in a gunfight, you're the larper Thin Blue Line

You're a cop filling out paperwork 90% of the time not, not storming the beach at Normandy
>>
>>34977163
Are you dropping the slide on the same round over and over? Or are you just checking the chamber? Because I was talking about the second thing. The first one WILL give you bullet setback eventually.
>>
>>34976328
standard/limited is more expensive but has its own upsides and fun parts like being able to throw on the magwell actually helps grip a lot, shooting major pf is fun, 20+ round mags are fun, no size limit is fun (even in USPSA you cannot use long slide models in production such as the G24 even though the G34/G35 are good to go for production
>>
>>34971828
>>34973014
I've been wanting a 31G4, so I welcome this Gen5. The two pin means it very well could be a 9mm only thing, but regardless I actually like finger grooves since I have normal hands.
>>
>>34976501
Then get a different job you whiney cunt. Who's forcing you to keep a job you don't feel safe in? It sounds like you belong nowhere near law enforcement.
>>
>>34970377

MHS gun ("some version" thereof) will come to the commercial market as well.

http://www.euro-sd.com/esd/archive/news-detail-view/artikel/glock-modular-handgun-system-1/

hope these fuckers leave the safety on it
>>
>>34970377
Front serrations are a meme, I plan on going back to glock with this pistol, but if it had serrations on the front I wouldn't have done it.
>>
>>34970377
SO WHAT
>>
>>34970377
i bought a new gen 4 one like less than a month ago

ffs
>>
>>34976230
>I'm a police officer, I don't want to fucking guess if my gun is chambered.

You know, the military has a set of protocols and practices that address this very concern.
>>
>>34972110
>Its like Glockfags can't into capitalism and the concept of choice.

It's funny you claim that, while failing to understand that they have chosen, and it is capitalism at work. Just because you wanna be special, and don't like what someone else likes, doesn't change the facts.
>>
>>34976230
Faggot.
>>
did they change the extraction/ejection system? had a G19 late last year that fucking sucked with BTF.
>>
File: 1474157313629.jpg (10KB, 244x207px) Image search: [Google]
1474157313629.jpg
10KB, 244x207px
>>34972988
>cz
>chink tier
>>
>>34979231
No. The beretta grip cant be too big for you and the cz slide to narrow at the same time. Just be honesnt next time instead of parroting memes to sound experienced.
>>
>>34979301
Both desu senpai. I thought you were implying that bullet set back was something that was a rare and negligible occurrence. Carry on.
>>
All these hi speed murder machine veteran operators talking about about a gun that's not up to their personal specs and would handicap their elite skills

>n-no front serrations!!!1!!
>you don't need a flared magwell if you train right!!
>>
>>34971828
I like my gen 3 g32 but the dual recoil spring might be better for longevity

>Implying I can afford .40 ¢ a round
>>
>>34980479
Front serrations just looks cool and should be a stock standard if they're doing it to gen 4's as a special release.
>>
>>34980532
So you're mad you didn't get something you wanted on a gun you wouldn't buy/couldn't afford anyway
>>
File: IMG_2855.jpg (100KB, 670x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2855.jpg
100KB, 670x720px
>>34970377
Hahahahahahaha
>>
>>34970377
Shot the new G19 today at my local range and got a free billboa-I mean hat out of it.

I'm a lefty and I can honestly say I like it better than my Gen 3, and I had the opportunity to buy one early, but I declined.

If I was getting a brand new glawk brand glawk, I'd pick the Gen 5, but I already have one, so it's not worth the additional $600 for the pistol, and $300 to make it not suck.

All that said, I find the CZ P10c is a far better buy for the money over any current glock, and they work in many G19 holsters currently on the market.

>tl;dr gen 5 is better than previous gens, but still sucks compared to other pistols on the market
>>
>>34981278
$600 for no finger grooves
>i know there are more features but the finger grooves are the only one that anybody was asking for.
Glock officially has no shame.
>>
>>34976866
Wondering that myself. Guessing not since it's so stubby.
>>
>>34970377
>No thread yet?
Where have you been the last week or so?
>>
>>34982196
Shilling elsewhere
>>
>>34981817
Bet they dont release a gen 5 26
>>
File: 1477637267343.jpg (75KB, 962x642px) Image search: [Google]
1477637267343.jpg
75KB, 962x642px
>>34970377

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR0Ss3yVV5I&feature=youtu.be

Did Glock totally and completely fuck up here?
>>
>gen 5
>we unfucked it back to the gen 2 body style
>new coating that doesn't matter at all
>bright plastic follower
>the barrel is 100% not the same, we swear
>beveled magwell is the only actual improvement, and it's something other guns have had for ages
>oh and an ambi slide release. which wouldn't be needed if our slide release was in the right spot to begin with
>PERFECTION
>>
>>34984540
UM it's a SLIDE STOP you cissie fuck !
>>
The half moon cut in the front of the grip was a bad idea as it could cause blisters for some people during speed reloads. Also don't like how the slide nose was beveled but not the actual frame part. Finally going back to 2 pin glock frames means there's going to be issues with the locking block for high powered calibers like the .40 and 10mm unless Glock is only focused on 9mm for the Gen 5.
>>
>>34984540
>the barrel is 100% not the same, we swear
Just a reminder it is mechanically more accurate than a SIG
>>
>>34975465
It isn't. I have front serrations on my Springfields and I never use them for press checks.
>>
>>34977102
I have had this issue too. Another mag issue I have with them.. Is the Glock mags do NOT come out as nicely as my Springfield XD mags. I am wondering if this will be the case with the Gen 5's. I know it sounds silly, but when you're doing a run and gun, and you're trying to drop a mag and it's stuck.. That is pretty fucking annoying.
>>
>>34970429
The only thing here that was worth doing was the removal of finger grooves. New finish? Old one was fine. New barrel for accuracy? Never heard complaints about the old one. Flared magwell? Now harder to conceal and nobody seemed to cry for flared magwells in other guns.

Ambidextrous slidestop is nice too I suppose but its necessity is dubious.
>>
>>34970377
You know, I was kind of looking forward to the front serations.
>>
>REEE FRONT SERRATIONS
wtf is this tacticool meme. No pistol ever had front serrations until a decade or two ago. Now it's a necessity? Bull fucking shit
>>
>>34976906
Old school discreet press check is to approach the slide from under the pistoland pinching it with your finger and thumb, pulling the slide back check brass and release. Your hand or finger should never be in front of the barrel.

This technique is often done when sitting at a table or car and the gun is in your lap and you are looking down.

Doing the over the top reverse push motion is a dramatic charge that is easy to notice with the gun up.

Basically detectives and under cover cops use front serations for brass checks or charging in crowded public places
>>
>>34987005
>ree rails on pistols
wtf is this tacticool meme. No pistol ever had rails on them until a decade or two ago. Now it's a necessity? Bull fucking shit
>>
>>34987097
Even the earliest pistols like the Browning 1903 had serrations on the slide rear. Fuck off day/k/are
>>
>>34987224
And pistols like the cz75 and hi power had thin front slides so you didn't need front serrations like on a slab slide.
>>
>>34987297
Those were to reduce weight, not for grip. Front serrations, like almost 90% of special traits on pistols, are for emergency convenience. It's not something you will necessarily ever need but you may really want it when that day comes. It is zero inconvenience to make standard so I don't see why we shouldn't advocate for it, like full ambidexterity and undercut trigger guards.
>>
>>34984222
Comments look bad but my internet is ass. Can i get a quicc rundown on how it failed?
>>
>>34986914
I have no idea how to use front serrations. I pull from the back for press checks. Or you know check the chamber window.
>>
>>34979008
17L is longer than the 34 tho
>>
>>34987080
My carry 9 has a window and my pocket gun has a tip up barrel. Sounds like everyone who is foaming at the mouth for one is larping hard af as lcis are standard on pretty much all modern pistols.
>>
>>34987454
Style matters. That shit is ugly.
>>
>>34987681
Youre opinion is objectively incorrect
>>
>>34987700
So when guns were actually built with aesthetics in mind, instead of the tacticool space race we have now, why didn't they have front serrations?
Especially in the past days of deep cover press checks in a car as you put it. Why not then? Why now, when all the guns already have LCIs?
>>
>>34987454
>Those were to reduce weight
They still served the ancillary function of proving a front grip if you needed it.
>>
>no gen4 17L
( ._.)
>>
As long as Gen 4 prices drop, I'm fine.
>>
>>34987541
Guy threw it in sand/mud without mag in. It failed pretty well. 60% of rounds were cycled out of the weapon in battery failures. I would expect any mag-fed pistol to act similarly, if not worse.
>>
>>34970688
>>34976447
>literally the most customizable handgun in the existance with biggest selection of aftermarket parts
>comparing it to iphone
>>
>>34979561
The G19 MHS is possibly the only Glock I'd be seriously tempted to buy. Specifically because of that safety. The full length grip and compact slide also gives it some nice proportions. Looks comfy.
>>
>>34989083
You can go to any gas station or convenience store and every single one will have a rack of cheap chargers and accessories for iphones. Why? Because apple flatout refuses to give the market what it wants. Its a solid analogy desu senpai.
>>
I really don't like that moon cut out at the front of the grip as I know it'll annoy my pinky and I don't really need ambi slide locks. Should I just get a gen 4 glock 19? I was even thinking of getting the summer special gen 4 glock 19 with front serrations as it has extended controls and steel sights.
>>
>>34992521
You obviously don't see anything about these guns that you like. Have you considered buying another brand?
>>
>>34992618

throw me some alternatives and i'll check em out
>>
>>34984222
The other gens of Glocks would fail those tests too.
>>
>>34993031
Go to a gun store. Im not gonna hold your hand.
>>
>>34974065
>Ford of guns
U mean Honda m8
>>
File: 1467992427983.jpg (25KB, 437x471px) Image search: [Google]
1467992427983.jpg
25KB, 437x471px
>rounded slide
>no more finger grooves
>flared magwell
>better finish
>drop safe

Do want.
>>
>>34980105
>failing to understand that they have chosen
What "they" exactly? The Glocksucker hivemind?
>>
File: Capture+_2017-08-27-21-39-15.png (212KB, 359x398px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-08-27-21-39-15.png
212KB, 359x398px
>>34970377
Just gonna leave this here for a sec
>>
>>34994796
cant unsee
>>
>>34994796
How come they did the frame cut but not also shape the lower grip to match the new cuts? That's annoying.
>>
>>34994796

That's q-quality, you fucking KEK, SIG shill!!! The Gen5 Glock is the evolution of the greatest pistol ever made!! The m-mismatch between the slide and frame is there for a specific reason!! OMG how you don't know this is beyond me, you Beretta butt-lover!!! GLOCK PERFECTION ASS!!!!!! FUCK YOU IN ASS!!!!!!!
>>
>>34986961
Finish is welcome
Accuracy improvement is welcome
Magwell flare will probably not affect concealment
>>
>>34994796
God Dam, pre order fucking cancelled!!
>>
File: Capture+_2017-08-14-00-39-36.png (821KB, 715x848px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-08-14-00-39-36.png
821KB, 715x848px
>>34994884
"Those mindless retards will buy it anyway. It's done. We're not fixing SHIT."
-G.Glock
>>
>>34994397
honda is a good car, he means fiat.
>>
File: Capture+_2017-07-23-22-25-16.png (537KB, 691x564px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-07-23-22-25-16.png
537KB, 691x564px
>>34995123
>widening the part of the gun that affects concealment more than anything probably won't affect concealment
>>
Fuck Glock. Literally iphone of the gun world. How can your shitty gun take 5 revisions to get perfect? Glock perfection, when only 5 times counts. Fucking idiots buy this trash still.
>>
>>34989083

>fanboy detected

lmfao most customizable...
>>
File: 1502754992161.png (126KB, 578x220px) Image search: [Google]
1502754992161.png
126KB, 578x220px
>>34995316
The gen 5 is miles away from perfect.
>>
>>34987647
glad your 9 problem solver has the excellsnt feature however press checks also can show you if the round is engaged with the extractor
>>
>>34976230
>Great, now I get to die because of it
I don't think you know how to check if a pistol is chambered
>>
>>34995279
The flare is minimal it isn't a competition magwell you pleb, people already put those meme carry magwells on their guns and this is likely thinner with a better opening
>>
>>34994397
You mean subaru
>>
>>34995316
Each generation is good in their own unique ways though. Is sig or cz or hk shit because they have tons of variations on the same guns?
>>
>>34984540
Truly the iPhone of pew pew.
>>
File: 1502560998883.jpg (24KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
1502560998883.jpg
24KB, 500x335px
>>34995582
They shouldn't be good in their own unique way you dumb faggot. They should be constantly improving with each generation ACCORDING TO THE DEMANDS OF THE MARKET.
>>
>>34976551
>>easy disassembly; idiot proof
>Idiot proof

Oh, I don't think you've ever heard about people disassembling Glocks.
>>
File: 1500570618065.jpg (103KB, 750x537px) Image search: [Google]
1500570618065.jpg
103KB, 750x537px
>>34995534
>thinner
Of course
>with a better opening
You have to choose
Fucking with concealment for a feature most people didn't want at the expense of compatibility with effective aftermarket magwells for the people that do is stupid. Glock could make the perfect pistol if they bothered to check the comments on forums instagram youtube ect but no. Every few years they shit out a new turd with features that nobody asked for and faggots like you slurp it up off the ground while defending the company to the death.
>>
>>34995751
Well then apparently the market has determined that meme features like front slide serrations and trigger units are worthless since glocks are still the best selling pistols.
>>
File: 1499276149606.png (173KB, 422x441px) Image search: [Google]
1499276149606.png
173KB, 422x441px
>>34995510
If your extractor has literally ever not engaged you should sell your gun.
>>
File: g19-gen5.jpg (495KB, 1500x952px) Image search: [Google]
g19-gen5.jpg
495KB, 1500x952px
>>34994796
Eh, doesn't look that bad to me.
>>
>>34995857
Are you stupid? He's saying that by checking if the extractor is engaged you can check that the chamber is loaded
>>
File: Capture+_2017-08-27-23-41-21.png (119KB, 673x564px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-08-27-23-41-21.png
119KB, 673x564px
>>34995850
Like fucking clockwork
>>
File: Capture+_2017-07-22-21-11-50.png (481KB, 718x765px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-07-22-21-11-50.png
481KB, 718x765px
>>34995896
It's unnecessary in any modern pistol with a LCI which is all of them. If he doesn't have a modern pistol he has no business arguing semantics of chamber checking in a gen 5 thread.
>>
>>34995894
>Doesn't look as halfassed from this one specific angle.
Still very noticable in your pic.
>>
>>34995942
Idiot, a glock loaded chamber indicator is literally checking if the extractor is engaged
>>
>>34996009
So then why is everyone foaming at the mouth for front serrations?
>>
>>34996080
Because they're retarded. Modern glocks have a nice tactile loaded chamber indicator you can easily feel. Feeling the slide of your gun is a lot easier and more subtle than pulling back the slide to check if there's a round in the chamber.
>>
>>34995965
>>Doesn't look as halfassed from this one specific angle.
>Still very noticable in your pic.
I don't disagree. Curious to see it in person though.
>>
>>34995902
Not really relevant to my post since I was responding to another anon who was saying that glocks should have tons of pointless shit tacked on because that's what other brands do.
>>
>>34970396
>>34970429
>>34970688
>>34971427
I hate those finger grooves from a shooting and visual standpoint. I am glaf they are getting rid of them and ive been a glock of my own but ive put it off because i dont like gen 3 or gen 4. Cant wait to get my hands on a gen 5 and finally get a glock.
>>
>>34996108
Im the other anon. My point is that they should come out with models that feature things that people want instead of shitting out the same gun in 20 sizes and calibers and ignoring the demands of the market.
>>
>>34996091
My pistol has a notch in the barrel that acts as a window so i can just look at the chamber without pulling the slide back.
>>
>>34996174
That's nice. And a glock has a loaded chamber indicator you can either see or feel with your hand
>>
>>34974065
>Recommending a FN pistol that was designed after the end of the Cold War
>Recommending the most overly complex FCG with flex frames
>mfw
>>
>>34996260
>mfw
>no picture
Why do people do this?
>>
>>34976538

glock fanboy

7/10 good bantz
>>
>>34996153
And my point was that not enough people care about those things because they still choose glocks for the most part when alternatives with those features exist.
>>
Does someone here have the good picture of the stupid part on the front of the magwell at the bottom.. You know. Where they put a hole where your finger is supposed to go?
>>
>>34976230
>Glock mags are plastic on the outside, plastic grinding on plastic is shit when dirt or mud involved.

You're fucking stupid. I've used a gen 3 Glock 19 in the shittiest dusty and hot conditions imaginable, and have never had an issue with a mag, or anything else for that matter.
>>
>>34979561
There's absolutely no good reason to have a manual safety on a Glock, you should be competent enough to keep your finger off the fucking trigger, otherwise you shouldn't be handling a firearm. The MHS version has one because it was a contract requirement.
>>
>>34996304
>everyone who buys a glock is an experienced and informed buyer who has done ample research on all market competitors.
Those people arent choosing glock over anything else. Those are the people who walk into a gun store or make a thread online saying "I NEED AN GUN". To which you and 12 fanboys just like you pounce on them with glocks in hand. Those people were never exposed to anything else. Go to a range. Most people you see shooting glocks are niggers and casuals with thier thumbs crossed behind the grip.
>>
>>34995837
>taking input from youtube comments
go be 13 somewhere else
>>
File: IMG_2873.jpg (26KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2873.jpg
26KB, 620x348px
>>34976705
>>
Gen 5 might be literally the best Glock version yet.

>"normal" rifling for improved accuracy
>standardized night sights!
>no finger grooves for widely appealing grip
>beveled slide so it doesn't look so much like a box
>ambidextrous slide stops
Thread posts: 236
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.