[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tangible evidence of a .223 AR damaged by shooting 5.56?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 300-aac-blackout-5.56-rifle.jpg (530KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
300-aac-blackout-5.56-rifle.jpg
530KB, 960x720px
Always hear "sure you can fire 5.56 out of a .223 chamber but you risk it blowing up in your face." Let's see some cracked bolts or bulged barrels or fatigued receivers any other tangible evidence that it is really an immediate risk to your gun and or face. Spare me your random pics of exploded AR's as argument unless you can reasonably back up from first hand that it was the result of 5.56 in a .223 barrel. FYI all my AR's are 5.56 i'm just curious because the relatively small difference in case length/pressure/bullet weight don't seem as blatantly idiotic as firing .30 cal through 22 (pic related). If there is accumulative damage being done, how many rounds do you recon you can get off before kaboom? Unrelated pics of mechanical failures in AR's will be smiled upon
>>
File: animatino.jpg (128KB, 691x359px) Image search: [Google]
animatino.jpg
128KB, 691x359px
>>34969914
>>
>>34969914
>30cal through 22
There is no way that bolt would have even closed let alone chambered at all.
>>
>>34969947
For how long have you been living under a rock?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.300_AAC_Blackout
>>
>>34969947
.300 Blk will chamber in a .223 barrel
>>
File: false headspace.jpg (50KB, 560x392px) Image search: [Google]
false headspace.jpg
50KB, 560x392px
>>34969947
it was .300 blackout, same OAL combined with the width of the round tip causes a false headspace which allows the round to be fired out of a 556 chamber
>>
>>34969974
>same OAL combined with the width of the round tip causes a false headspace which allows the round to be fired out of a 556 chamber
who thought this was a good idea
>>
>>34970629
The same people who thought using .300 blackout in any standard AR-15 spec mag was a worth the trade off.
>>
>>34970629
It is a great idea dude, the only part of the gun you've gotta change to work with .300 Blackout is the barrel.
>>
>>34969914

The damage is more in the throat rather than ' ka boom' With the 5.56 in the .223 due to the length, increased wear and tear / chamber deformation. While I've never heard of a catastrophic indecent based solely on 5.56 in a .223

I have heard of 5.56 necks getting jammed in a .223 chamber and then having a different set of issues. So I could see if part of a neck got jammed down the barrel, and you go to fire it, how THAT could lead to a bad day.
>>
http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/5-56-vs-223/

Great article,

TL;DR a 5.56 chamber is generally "looser" thus leading to lower overall pressures with a given ammo versus a .223 chamber, but neither are dangerous when in spec.

wow, it's fucking nothing.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.