[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Porting vs Compensator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: DSC_0006.jpg (678KB, 1440x957px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0006.jpg
678KB, 1440x957px
/k/ I'm interested in building a pistol with some sort of compensating mod and I need some help. I'm torn between getting a practical/tactical glock (g34/35) and getting an aftermarket ported barrel, or getting a compact glock and attaching a comp like pic related. Which of these would be better overall when it comes to things like reliability, muzzle flip reduction, bullet velocity,etc.? also, what effect does porting have on the durability/lifespan of a barrel?
>>
>>34969642
Well porting decreases recoil but also decreases accuracy and rate if fire. Compensators reduce range but increase accuracy. If your trying to snipe use a compensator with a high power scope. Make sure you set up claymores and crouchwalk everywhere too
>>
>>34969704
>The extent of /k/ gun knowledge
>>
>>34969642
Just get a 17C
>>
>>34969642
A barrel mounted comp will be more effective but may require new springs due to weight and force on a tilting barrel locking system, porting works as well, it won't cause serious wear on the barrel. It's up to you.
>>
>>34969704
Porting also reduces weight, so you can loot more before fast-traveling back to town to sell to a vendor.
>>
>>34969815
Thanks, that matches up with some other stuff I've read; apparently comped guns don't like lower-pressure loads. it's got something to do with the slide cycling slower. I guess it wouldn't matter much, provided one sticks to hotter loads
>>
>>34969852
Hotter loads also put more gas into the comp making them more efficient. Porting is exclusively going to affect muzzle flip, a comp has effect on rearward felt recoil as well, and offers more room for the gases to be redirected.
>>
>>34969872
How much does a comp effect how loud the gun is? is there an measurable difference in decibels or is it more of just where the sound is going deal?
>>
>>34969887
It seems louder but not enough to really effect the shooter at all, it's not like comp blast on a rifle in any way.
>>
>>34969900
cool, one last thing: what's the "best" caliber to run a comp with? everyone builds the roland special on the 19, but I'd think that the concept would work better on the 23 and especially the 32, but there might be something I'm missing.
>>
>>34969642

unless youre shooting competition with it and need every minuscule leg up you can get, compensators on a pistol are pretty useless. if you want to keep the muzzle down, just hold the gun tighter
>>
File: 12353453.jpg (82KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
12353453.jpg
82KB, 640x427px
>>34969642
>Porting vs Compensator
Flash hider!
>>
>>34969935
Standard calibers, .40 and 10mm
Best IMO for a Glock, .357 sig and 9x25
Best IMO for non Glock, .38 Super or 9x23

But there are a lot of variables, those will just make the best use of the comp, a compensated G34 will shoot smoother than a compensated G40
>>
>>34969978
I feel like a 9x25 dillon build could be a lot of fun, but I don't reload so I'd be completely screwed when it comes ammo.
>>
Does anybody make a como for 13.5x1 lh? The oem glock barrel threads? Seems like they're all 1/2x28
>>
>>34970056
*Comp
>>
>>34970056
TBRC makes a version of their micro comp in 13.5.
>>
>>34969642
WHAT ARE YOU COMPENSATING FOR?:#
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.