[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WW1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 258
Thread images: 150

File: IMG_6163.jpg (27KB, 348x482px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6163.jpg
27KB, 348x482px
>Hugo Gutmann
>Leutnant
>Iron cross recipient 1st & 2nd class
>Jew

>Commanded and recommended Adolf Hitler for the iron cross 1st class in 1918.

Everytime I read about WW1 I learn new and interesting things about it.

WW1 thread.
>>
File: hand1.jpg (151KB, 400x277px) Image search: [Google]
hand1.jpg
151KB, 400x277px
I've listened to the entire Dan Carlin's Hardcore History - Blueprint for Armageddon series 4 times now, great podcast about the horrors of WW1, the accounts of soldiers on no mans land are fucking terrifying .
>>
>Everytime I read about WW1 I learn new and interesting things about it.

Thats because WW2 oversahdowed WW2 in the western countries, especialle the USA, by far.

Yeah, WW2 was - globally seen - the bigger fuckfest. But then again (no offense) WW2 is the "war for plebs" when it comes to military history in a private environment

You know, everybody knows a little bit about WW2, theres documentations and all kinds of stuff every day on tv.

You dont find or see that about WW1. When it comes to big wars, WW1 is more of a field for """professionals""". People who know their shit about WW2 and want so see where its roots are. I mean, we all can agree that the outcome of WW1 dictated EVERYTHING about WW2.

So if you really want to understand WW2, cold war, hell, even our modern times wars, you have to take a CLOSE look at WW1. Because thats where everything originated - from a political point of view down to most basic infantry tactics.

WW1 is a blast to get into. And even more, if you consider, that by then Weapons were used, that have their modern counterparts today - while most people outside big cities still lieved without electricity or heating aside from a stove.
>>
File: german_cavalry_2.jpg (384KB, 1600x1482px) Image search: [Google]
german_cavalry_2.jpg
384KB, 1600x1482px
>>34969212
WW1 is so fascinating because it was a clash of the old and new.
>>
>>34969212
I agree! Growing up I was exposed to US civil war history on a personal level. Battlefields and family history.

Those relatives that served in WW2 were reluctant to talk about specifics.
Almost to the point of denial.

For instance a great uncle served in the infantry attached to the 3rd army and saw quite a bit of action.

I wasn't aware he was even a veteran until he was in his late 80's.

The first story of his I heard was how he came to own a German helmet.

WW1 was never really a subject of learning or discussion.
>>
>>34969212
I think I fall into that field since I picked up Infantry attacks to get a better understanding of how german generals (and Rommel specificaly) where shaped by their WWI service.
>>
There are many stories of WWI, scary, funny all kinds. Most of them are forgotten because of this: >>34969212
>hats where everything originated - from a political point of view down to most basic infantry tactics
Nah, not quite.
>>
Its pretty interesting if you think about the migration that happend beforehand.

My Great-grandfather fought for the Germans in Russia and got fucked by a Sniper in Russia 1 Minute before his atch duty ended, the Guy that replaced him was shot 4 hours later from a different position.

His Half-brothers Family migrated to the USA some time before, His Half-Brother fought for the Americans, during the war my Great-Great Grandmother send letters to the family in the states complaining about the lack of food and her dead children.

Meanwhile part of my family migrated to the Russian Empire in the 18th Century and probably fought for the Russians
>>
>>34969240
this
>>
>>34969202

What I love about Blueprint for Armgeddon is that he manages to convey just how FUCKED the whole situation was. I remember listening to te pod and we just go through some battles with a million casualites each on each side.. and then he says oh yeah, it's 1915 , there's 3 more YEARS of this shit in front of us.

Shout out to Ernst Jünger, dude was one crazy motherfucker
>>
>>34969202
i got to the part when they are playing football on Christmas or something
>>
>>34969189

One thing I find interesting is how the veterans always mention the smell. They couldn't bury the bodies and there were more being killed and maimed every day. Add in to this incontinence, cooking, and cordite. Now imagine having to slide down a muddy, half-collapsing trench while dead soldiers are buried in the walls.

Also, I didn't know about this aspect before I started studying it, but mining played a large aspect in the war, with both sides trying to undermine each other's trenches and set off explosives in conjunction with attacks.
>>
File: ww1_german_engineer1.jpg (235KB, 1401x961px) Image search: [Google]
ww1_german_engineer1.jpg
235KB, 1401x961px
>>34969839
>mining played a large aspect in the war, with both sides trying to undermine each other's trenches and set off explosives in conjunction with attacks.
And if you were caught with one of >pic related, you'd probably get executed immediately.
>>
It's somewhat "fresh" in my mind, for want of a better word. My father fought in it. All of his brothers did. School teachers, neighbours, pretty much every man in his late adulthood whilst I was growing up had fought in the Great War.

Rarely, a man who lived on the end of our street was technically still serving by the time I joined. He had enlisted underage in 1916, taken a commission in the inter-war period, resigned his commission in the late 1930s and went on the Territorial list, took it back for round two and kept his Territorial commitment until 1961. 45 years in isn't a bad innings.
>>
>>34969342
Sure. Nobody used small infantry tactics (read: platoon- squad- or even lower level) before WW1. It was the western-front stalemante, that led the frenchs and germans to use assault group tactics.

And honestly: Compare the teachings of Willy Rohr (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willy_Rohr) to what modern soldiers learn. Its remarkable how close fire and movement are.
>>
>>34969933
Are you the Yoda of super oldfags here or are you just shitposting like a motherfucker?

Seriously, how old are you, Anon?
>>
>>34969189
It's kind of tragic, lots of German jews saw the war as an opportunity to show their patriotism for their country and that they weren't so different, and then 30ish years later their service meant nothing.
>>
File: oi prez, stop lying yo.jpg (813KB, 1655x2197px) Image search: [Google]
oi prez, stop lying yo.jpg
813KB, 1655x2197px
>>34970068
Then there's people like Alfred Dreyfus...

>falsely accused of being a spy, because "lol germjew"
>had his rank, buttons torn off his uniform, his military sword broken in front of the army
>put in prison in a South American hellhole
>evidence of his innocence covered up
>artsy journalists find out, publicly denounce government
>French president pardons him, but wait... nope, not quite, he's given house arrest even though everyone knows he's innocent at this stage
>finally exonerated after ten years by military
>lol right winger shoots him in an assassination attempt

And after all that, even in his fifties, he STILL signed up to fight for France in World War 1.
>>
>>34969189
My great-grandpa was a fucking war loving animal. Wanna read his story?

>Born in 1899, Braunschwieg, Germany
>Enlisted 1915 after he turned 16 (as most of his classmates did)
>Fought at the eastern front for a year as a regular
>Went to what was sniper school in Belgium behind the front lines
>Starting with the third battle of flanders, fought as a sniper til the war was over
>Came home, found out he hadn't learned a single thing that didnt involve violence and forgot the rest he learned before the war
>Joined some Freikorps, fought in the baltic against bolsheviks and whoever was the enemy that time
>Freikorps were dismantled in the early 1920s
>1923 France and Belgium invaded the Ruhr area because reparation problems
>Great-Grandpa (as lots of others) is involved in some sort of partisan warfare, throwing bombs and other low-level stuff
>Things get too hot for him, decides to leave germany for good
>Went to the US
>Worked in a mill in Pennsylvania for a year or so.
>Got bored as fuck
>Joined the Muhreens, was a regular til the early 30s, fought in Nicaragua
>1932 someone noticed he had been a sniper in the great war

TBC
>>
>>34970140
Just read the Dreyfuss Affair a couple years ago. Shit was messed up as hell.
>>
>>34970145
>Great-grandpa is sent to sniper course again, then starts as tactics instructor the week after he finished the course
>Teaches snipers for the rest of the 1930s
>1941, WW2 breaks out
>Begs his superiors to be sent into combar back again - declined
>Gets shitfaced out of anger, throws empty beer bottles at the senior instructors house
>Here's your rifle, your scope, thank me later, you german asshole
>6th marine regiment as a sniper
>Fought at Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Saipan, Tinian and Okinawa (Remember: He turned 46 in 1945, and he clung to his job like an old whore to the money)

It wasnt until the war was over, that my great-grandpas blood thrist was quenched (thats what we call it in our family when we talk about him)

He left the corps right after the war, bought some land in Tennessee, became a farmer, got married and 1947 my grandpa was born. He loved to shoot until his death in 1993.
>>
>>34970067
I too wish to know. Tho the fact that my 84 year old Granpa is getting on forums now, this wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>34970067
>>
>>34970192
I've used 4chan for a while and the internet for years. When computers and the internet really came into my industry in the 1990s I decided to learn as much as I could to stay involved. Since retiring, hobbies have kept me on it. Mainly sport, but I'm fairly regular on history and firearms websites.
>>
>>34970145
>>34970185
Fuck dammit

If thats true, that old man was a fucking psycho
>>
>>34970068
You forgot the part where jewish-german bankers funded the war.
>>
Some Korean rogue soldiers still used arquebuses up until the 1920s in Manchuria.
>>
File: Fritz_Haber.png (81KB, 280x396px) Image search: [Google]
Fritz_Haber.png
81KB, 280x396px
>>34970229
Also this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Haber

>invents alternate method of producing nitrates
>yay, Germoney can now into fertiliser for crops and dynamite for bombs! Germoney stronk!
>invents chemical warfare, take that smelly Anglo scum!

However, then there was the whole "inventing the poisonous gas that was used against his own people in Auschwitz" thing.
>>
File: 1491677625528.jpg (288KB, 1841x1227px) Image search: [Google]
1491677625528.jpg
288KB, 1841x1227px
>>34969189
>In 1938, Gutmann was arrested by the Gestapo, but released as a result of the influence of SS personnel who knew his history.[3] In 1939, Gutmann and his family left for Belgium as World War II was beginning. In 1940 he immigrated to the United States
>>
>>34970280
This guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Schiff

>funded the Japanese against the Russians
>funded the Bolshevik
>lobbied for the FED in the US
>>
File: bQQjkxC.jpg (85KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
bQQjkxC.jpg
85KB, 500x500px
>>34969202
>We automatically mounted the machine gun for action. Then like animals we burrowed into the earth as if trying to find protection deep in its bosom. Something struck my back where I carried my gas mask, but I did not pay attention to it. A steel splinter broke the handle of my spade and another knocked the remains out of my hand. I kept digging with my bare hands, ducking my head every time a shell exploded nearby. A boy to my side was hit in the arm and cried out for help. I crawled over to him, ripped the sleeves of his coat and shirt open and started to bind the bleeding part. The gas was so thick now I could hardly discern what I was doing. My eyes began to water and I felt as if I would choke. I reached for my gas mask, pulled it out of its container – then noticed to my horror that a splinter had gone through it leaving a large hole. I had seen death thousands of times, stared it in the face, but never experienced the fear I felt then. Immediately I reverted to the primitive. I felt like an animal cornered by hunters. With the instinct of self-preservations uppermost, my eyes fell on the boy whose arm I had bandaged. Somehow he had managed to put the gas mask on his face with his one good arm. I leapt at him and in the next moment had ripped the gas mask from his face. With a feeble gesture he tried to wrench it from my grasp; then fell back exhausted. The last thing I saw before putting on the mask were his pleading eyes.

Corporal Frederick Meisel, 371 Infantry Regiment, 43rd Ersatz Brigade, 10th Ersatz Division, German Army

Got that from Dan Carlin, it shakes me to the core every time he reads it.
>>
>>34969212

WW1 is also what caused the West to slide downhill culturally
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 275x226px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 275x226px
>>34969212
>when you realize that without WWI we wouldn't have Communism, Fascism, WWII, The Cold War, Vietnam and HIPPIES
>>
File: 1jv1EXett4duSYQ1avq1JSw.jpg (75KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
1jv1EXett4duSYQ1avq1JSw.jpg
75KB, 680x382px
>>34970432
That is fucking horrifying, I couldn't live with myself after that.

>TFW you'd die because you couldn't murder a comrade to save yourself
>>
>>34970432
>With a feeble gesture he tried to wrench it from my grasp; then fell back exhausted. The last thing I saw before putting on the mask were his pleading eyes.

Now THAT is some PTSD shit
>>
>>34970145
>>34970185

Someone screencap this please. I enjoyed this.
>>
>>34970472
The Great War essentially ended the Old Order of Empires like the Habsburg Empire, Ottoman Empire, Russian Empire and the newer and up & coming German Empire. Setting the stage for conflicts of ideology rather than territorial prestige that the British were keen on displaying. With this new era we saw volunteers in civil wars that had nothing to do with them except for ideological agreement like in the Spanish Civil War. And we still see this shit today in our lives, albeit with Islam as the new kid on the block in terms of notoriety.

That war fucked everything over such a small group of people that killed the one man who was preventing war.
>>
>>34970145
>>34970185
Based. And terrific. I mean he was fighting or at least a soldier for half of his adult life.

I really wonder how many people he has slaughtered. Considering g he's been a sniper sure a lot. All while seeing them.

Would love to know if and if yes how bad he suffered from ptsd
>>
File: preacher.jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
preacher.jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
>>34970185
Anon, did your great-granddad look anything like this?
>>
>>34970509
The little bitch was going to die from the arm wound anyways.
>>
File: TGW_Landing_Pic-merch.jpg (294KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
TGW_Landing_Pic-merch.jpg
294KB, 1600x1066px
Is he, dare i say, /ourguy/?
>>
File: 474243752.jpg (109KB, 509x339px) Image search: [Google]
474243752.jpg
109KB, 509x339px
>>34970770
>>
>>34970833
xD le hat meem xDD.

Might I recommend reddit.com
>>
File: Durchbruchmüller.jpg (102KB, 656x1216px) Image search: [Google]
Durchbruchmüller.jpg
102KB, 656x1216px
Get on Georg's level:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Bruchm%C3%BCller

>The first attack, Operation Michael, began with a barrage of 3.5 million shells in five hours, almost 200 shells a second.
>>
>>34970844

No, he's right, you're a do nothing bitch.
>>
Fakers get out, only true historians know WW1 was the Dark Souls of wars.
>>
>>34970199
Damn, you're old for 4chan.
>>
>>34970961
thanks, druchbruchmuller-sama!
>>
>>34969202
>Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
he is totally wrong about the reasons for WW1 though, it was not just everybody's fault as all belligenrent countries were equally guilty, it was clearly the falcons in Germany and Austria.
>>
File: Austro-Hungarian soldier, 1918.jpg (42KB, 640x875px) Image search: [Google]
Austro-Hungarian soldier, 1918.jpg
42KB, 640x875px
>>
>>34971056
Said the history major who also was there in 1914.

Pro top: more or less the whole world of historians agree that Germany, Austria-Hungary, Russia, France and GB were equally guilty. You are the one who's wrong here
>>
>Ideally there should be a defender's trench line and attacker’s start trench. Realistically these should be between 150cm and 200cm apart. (750m to 1000m)
http://jimwallman.org.uk/wargame/trench%20assault%201916.pdf

Is that true, /k/? Were the trenches usually that far apart on the Western Front? You often hear about trenches that are extremely close to one another.
>>
File: 1502929632003.jpg (4MB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
1502929632003.jpg
4MB, 3456x5184px
>>34971097
>Said the history major who also was there in 1914.
no argument, not my fault if ppl can't read scientifical books and collections of documents, in their original language, if necessary.

>Pro top: more or less the whole world of historians agree that Germany, Austria-Hungary, Russia, France and GB were equally guilty. You are the one who's wrong here
False, it is just some established Marxist historians arguing that way, others who did real research, like Fritz Fischer, proved beyond doubt it was Germany and A-H.
>>
>>34971285
a good example on how the Marxist historian argues, other leftists follow him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvr7UJI47UM
>>
File: D 1424512.jpg (44KB, 640x997px) Image search: [Google]
D 1424512.jpg
44KB, 640x997px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gF_6j2pQzg
>>
>>34971097
I think it's the fault of Austria-Hungary really. They're the ones who decided to invade Serbia.
>>
>>34971097
>that Germany, Austria-Hungary, Russia, France and GB were equally guilty.

I can't see how Russia or GB were "equally guilty", when neither had an interest in continental warfare and were a lot more concerned with their vast Empires. The French Army itself was a bit more keen, but the actual apparatus of the French state wasn't chomping at the bit for war.
>>
File: B 13132w523465_57.jpg (80KB, 800x523px) Image search: [Google]
B 13132w523465_57.jpg
80KB, 800x523px
>>34971377
uhm, it was the falcons around Hötzendorf indeed, but Austria was pushed for Germany.

Graf Czernin, Austro-Hungarian minister of foreign affairs during a German-Austrian conference, Aug. 14, 1917

"Krieg ist damals nicht von Österreich allein begonnen! Deutschland hat strenge Form des Ultimatums an Serbien gefordert."
(BAB, RA, 2610: Protokoll der deutsch-österreichischen Konferenz für die OHL, 14.8.1917.)

"War back then had not been started by Austria alone! Germany demanded the strict formulation of the ultimatum against Serbia."
>>
>>34971097
>>34971056
naww it's Serbia fault
and treaties made it a bigger war than it otherwise would have been
not that them pesky Bavarians did not make the situation worse
but peace is only ever a delay

Boer war
Crimean war
American civil war
kind of practice runs
>>
>ww1 in any piece of media
>western front and maybe Gallipoli because muh Anzac
>muh trenches
>muh Belgium
>USA! USA! USA!
>no mention of Serbia bar and the start of the war
>Russia may be entirely bypassed
>no mention of Bulgaria, Romania, Greece and Montenegro
>Austria-Hungary may also get the boot
I hate the way this war is treated by Anglos
>>
>>34969189
It's sad. The German Jews who served in WW1 recieved special protection from the Nazi regime in the early days, but after the Kristallnacht of 1938 they were treated like everyone else and also sent to concentration camps.
>>
>>34971438
In fairness, you didn't really mention the Ottomans yourself.
>>
File: B 354776 (1).jpg (84KB, 640x947px) Image search: [Google]
B 354776 (1).jpg
84KB, 640x947px
>>34971418
>naww it's Serbia fault
prove it
>and treaties made it a bigger war than it otherwise would have been
which treaty was triggered?
>not that them pesky Bavarians did not make the situation worse
how so?
>>
>>34971438
>I hate the way this war is treated by Anglos
You mean how they focus on the parts that they were in? Shocking, I know.
>>
>>34969212
>>34969240
>you are now aware that the generals of that conflict were so old, they didn't believe in germ theory and insisted all the soldiers were getting sick from "bad air".
>>
>>34970140
This is what real patriotism is.
>>
File: B 1254215_57.jpg (67KB, 640x990px) Image search: [Google]
B 1254215_57.jpg
67KB, 640x990px
>>34971389
>I can't see how Russia or GB were "equally guilty"
good point, especially GB tried to negotiate to avoid a war.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Max,_Prince_Lichnowsky#The_1914_Crisis

Russia too tried to put pressure on Serbia to avoid a war
https://wwi.lib.byu.edu/index.php/Russian_Memorandum_of_Advice_to_Serbia

recommended in general
https://wwi.lib.byu.edu/index.php/Main_Page
>>
>>34970140
It's for love of country, not love of government.
>>
>>34971438
Serbia's campaign deserves the Hollywood treatment. They fought so fucking hard and lost so much. You'd even have a clear bad guy (which is rare in a WWI movie) seeing how the Entente were massacring civilians harder than Seth MacFarlane massacred humor.
>>
>>34971479
I also ignored Italy and 'the great war was real in my mind' Japan
>>34971511
Okay.
GB led a 6 nation contingent along with their colonies against Bulgaria.
I can't recall any piece of media that is about that part of the war.
>>
File: Breguet xivb2.jpg (106KB, 943x700px) Image search: [Google]
Breguet xivb2.jpg
106KB, 943x700px
In order to get more help from Berlin, Tisza proposed to Berchtold he should mention in Berlin following :
(note Tisza to Berchtold, dating Sept. 11, 1914)

"Das [sic!] wir den Krieg auf die klipp und klare Äußerung sowohl Kaiser Wilhelms wie des deutschen Reichskanzlers beschlossen haben, daß sie den Moment für geeignet halten und es mit Freude begrüßen, wenn wir ernst machen."
(ÖStA, PA, Kr500, XXXXVII: Tisza an Berchtold, 11.9.1914.)

"That we decided to go to war after the point-blank statements of both Kaiser Wilhelm as well as the Reichskanzler, which saw the time was suitable and they would receive with cheers if we took the gloves off."
>>
File: 1503406926691.jpg (146KB, 735x959px) Image search: [Google]
1503406926691.jpg
146KB, 735x959px
>meanwhile in Italy
>>
>>
>>34970509
Heard an account of a young soldier in the Korean war manning a machine gun. He was panicked, exhausted, and unwittingly firing on friendlies. He couldn't hear the shouting of the men he had pinned down, so a sergeant took aim and domed him.
>>
During the Common Council of Ministers, July 7, 1914, the Austro-Hungarian ambassador to Serbia (Wladimir Freiherr von Giesl) was adviced by Berchtold:
„Wie immer die Serben reagieren - Sie müssen die Beziehungen abbrechen und [aus Belgrad] abreisen; es muß zum Krieg kommen."

"No matter how the Serbs react* - You have to cut the relationships and depart [from Belgrade]; it has to come to war."

so no matter what Serbia decided to do, A-H was determined to go to war anyway.
>>
>>34969689
Yeah, that was the first Christmas of the war. By the time Christmas 1915 rolled around, nobody would have even considered something like that.
>>
File: CAN 1459020462850.jpg (532KB, 1848x3000px) Image search: [Google]
CAN 1459020462850.jpg
532KB, 1848x3000px
>>34971701
*to the ultimatum
Der Erste Weltkrieg Wirkung-Wahrnehmung-Analyse Herausgegeben von Wolfgang Michalka, pages 209/210
>>
File: D 1326900146001.jpg (98KB, 550x643px) Image search: [Google]
D 1326900146001.jpg
98KB, 550x643px
Gottlieb von Jagow, foreign minister of Germany to the German ambassador in Vienna, Heinrich von Tschirschky, April 28, 1913 (classified document)

"Unsere [also Deutschlands] Haltung denke ich mir, le cas échéant, so; Wir erklären in Petersburg, daß österreichisch-montenegrinische und österreichisch-serbische Konflikte Auseinandersetzungen lokaler Natur seien, in die die anderen Mächte keinen Grund einzugreifen hätten und deshalb ruhig bleiben müßten. Dieselbe Erklärung müßten wir auch in Paris und London abgeben mit Andeutung der unausbleibenden Folgen, die eintreten müßten, wenn Rußland Österreich angreift. Es ist für uns sehr wichtig, die Rolle des Provozierten zu haben [...]"
(BAB, AA, GW (Gesandtschaft Wien), Geh. III, Ganz geh. Sachen 1891-1921: Jagow an Tschirschky, 28.4.1913.)

"Our [Germany's] position I think as following, as the case may be: We declare Petersburg Austrian-Montenegrin and Austrian-Serbian conflicts are contentions of local nature, in which other nations have no reason to interfere and therefor have to be silent. We should make the same declaration in Paris and London too, mentioning the inevitable consequences that have to eventuate should Russia attack Austria. For us it is very important to look like the provoked ones. [...]"
>>
The lesson is that krauts are subhumans that should've been killed after 1918.
>>
>>34971766
I heard it started when a bloke named Archie Duke shot an ostrich because he got hungry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGxAYeeyoIc
>>
File: D 765985958951.jpg (253KB, 979x1600px) Image search: [Google]
D 765985958951.jpg
253KB, 979x1600px
Austro Hungarian legation councilor Flotow in a secret private note to Berchtold, April 23, 1912

"Österreich-Ungarn wird nach Serbien einmarschieren und mit dem Gros der Armee gegen Rußland Aufstellung nehmen. Deutschland wird mit einem Teil seiner Streitkräft ebenfalls gegen Rußland aufmarschieren, mit der Hauptmacht aber mit aller Wucht über Frankreich herfallen. […] Ich glaube […] Italien wird langsam mobilisieren und gewissermaßen abwarten. Wenn dann der erste entscheidende Schlag gegen Frankreich zugunsten Deutschlands geführt ist, so wird Italien gegen Frankreich mittun“ (ÖUA , Bd. 4, Dok. 3469: Geh. Privatschreiben Flotow an Berchtold, 23.4.1912.).

"Austria-Hungaria will invade Serbia and deploy the major part of its army against Russia. Germany too will deploy parts of its army against Russia, but attack France with its main force. [...] I believe [...] Italy will mobilize slowly and virtually temporise.
If then the first decisive strike against France in favour of Germany has occurred, Italy will participate against France."
>>
File: 1502929632004.jpg (3MB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
1502929632004.jpg
3MB, 3456x5184px
>>34971793
just eliminating German governments on a regularly basis would do the job
>>
File: 1502929120003.jpg (4MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
1502929120003.jpg
4MB, 5184x3456px
anyone left ITT?

General Michael Edler von Appel, commanding general of the 15th Austro-Hungarian Corps in Sarajevo in a letter dating July 25, 1914.

"Während ich Dir schreibe, läuft Ultimatum Frist in Belgrad ab [...]. Hoffen wir es, sonstn [sic!] müßte man verzweifeln. [...] Mit Wonne und Lust opfere ich meine alten Knochen mein Leben, wenn es gelingt den Mechelmörderstaat zu demüthigen [sic!] und dieser Herberge für Mordlbuben ein Ende zu machen [...]. Nur loslassen, - alles andere besorgen wir. [...] Prinz Eugen der edle Ritter! wollte [sic!] dem Kaiser wieder kriegen! Stadt und Festung Belegrad! Hoffentlich singen wir es morgen, bis zur Bewußtlosigkeit und hoffentlich wird es wahr"
(ÖStA, KA, B/232:11, 79: Appel an Borsch, 25.7.1914.)

"Whilst I am writing you, the ultimatum's deadline in Belgrade runs out. [...] Let's hope it, otherwise one had to despair. [...] With delight and passion I will sacrifice my old bones, my life, if it succeeds in humiliating this assassinator-country and make an end to this hostel of cuttroats. [...] Just release - the rest is done by us. [...] Prince Eugene of Savoy, the noble knight! wanted to re-gain town and castle of Belgrade for the Emperor! Hopefully we sing it tomorrow until oblivion, and hopefully it will become true!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg78Px9Uoic
>>
File: 1502929120004.jpg (521KB, 1920x2881px) Image search: [Google]
1502929120004.jpg
521KB, 1920x2881px
>>
>>
File: AH 1432270782041.jpg (1MB, 1771x2608px) Image search: [Google]
AH 1432270782041.jpg
1MB, 1771x2608px
>>
>>34971660

Interesting. What is the story here? BLM versus socialism?
>>
Just finished reading Achtung Panzer, and I read Infantry Attacks a couple months ago. What are some other good books about the actual fighting side of WW1. Preferably from the Allies perspective, since both of those are from Germany.
>>
File: AH 1450095192211.jpg (107KB, 640x1043px) Image search: [Google]
AH 1450095192211.jpg
107KB, 640x1043px
>>
>>34972030
Brazen Chariots.

Baa Baa Black Sheep.

Up Front.

Seven Roads To Hell.
>>
>>34969202
yup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zBQGY_p4QM
>>
File: AH 1448056973286.jpg (84KB, 800x798px) Image search: [Google]
AH 1448056973286.jpg
84KB, 800x798px
>>
>>34972030

The Guns Of August was interesting. And No News From The Western Front.
>>
File: AH Arigi.jpg (51KB, 417x558px) Image search: [Google]
AH Arigi.jpg
51KB, 417x558px
In October 1915, Arigi became a prisoner of war when he was forced down due to engine failure during a reconnaissance flight behind enemy lines in Montenegro. He escaped captivity on his sixth try in January 1916, however, by stealing an enemy staff car belonging to Prince Nicholas of Montenegro, and rejoining his unit which later moved to Albania.[2]
>>
File: Albatros Voss.jpg (125KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Albatros Voss.jpg
125KB, 800x480px
>>
>>
File: Ansaldo SVA_5,1917,p21.jpg (147KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ansaldo SVA_5,1917,p21.jpg
147KB, 800x600px
>>
>>34971605
and in the end, it doesnt even matter!
>>
>>
>>
File: D 2.Ldst.Inf.Ers.Batl.Holzminden.jpg (442KB, 1600x1037px) Image search: [Google]
D 2.Ldst.Inf.Ers.Batl.Holzminden.jpg
442KB, 1600x1037px
>>
File: IMG_6911.jpg (708KB, 1400x1806px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6911.jpg
708KB, 1400x1806px
Would anyone be interested in me dumping some French WWI magazines?
>>
>>34970432
>german uniform
>tommy in the background
>>
>>
File: D 3. Battr. FA GG Lahr.jpg (88KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
D 3. Battr. FA GG Lahr.jpg
88KB, 1024x768px
>>34972276
sure
>>
>>
File: D 157796-3x2-original.jpg (129KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
D 157796-3x2-original.jpg
129KB, 900x600px
>>
>>34971648
For all the shit Italy gets, they did finally break through.
>>
File: D 1465475476475.jpg (219KB, 1600x1038px) Image search: [Google]
D 1465475476475.jpg
219KB, 1600x1038px
>>
>>34972276
Could you make them zip files later on? I would download each image, but cannot be around the computer forever.
>>
File: D 1653765437654.jpg (409KB, 1600x1036px) Image search: [Google]
D 1653765437654.jpg
409KB, 1600x1036px
>>
File: D Alfred_von_Tirpitz.jpg (108KB, 640x865px) Image search: [Google]
D Alfred_von_Tirpitz.jpg
108KB, 640x865px
>>
>>
File: IMG_6912.jpg (611KB, 1585x2089px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6912.jpg
611KB, 1585x2089px
>>34972372
>>34972307
>>34972276

I'm pretty much digitizing them as I go along.

This first one is a book full of all the national anthems of the allied nations.
>>
File: IVE GOT YOU IN MY SIGHTS.jpg (164KB, 800x787px) Image search: [Google]
IVE GOT YOU IN MY SIGHTS.jpg
164KB, 800x787px
>>34972000
from what i understood, tranny faggot assaults black guy
black guy angery, black guy smash.
>>
>>
>>34972425
great thanks, I should scan a German interwar book about WW1 in France, many pics never have been put online before in there
>>
>>34972287
maybe hes a pow
>>
File: IMG_6913.jpg (2MB, 3129x2109px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6913.jpg
2MB, 3129x2109px
>>34972425
>>34972441

There aren't really many pictures in this one, most of those are in the other magazines I'm currently photographing.
>>
File: F 45646456 (1).jpg (127KB, 1024x653px) Image search: [Google]
F 45646456 (1).jpg
127KB, 1024x653px
>>
File: F 45646456.jpg (141KB, 1024x650px) Image search: [Google]
F 45646456.jpg
141KB, 1024x650px
>>
File: IMG_6915.jpg (1MB, 3109x2057px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6915.jpg
1MB, 3109x2057px
>>34972465
>>
File: F 970937.jpg (128KB, 640x998px) Image search: [Google]
F 970937.jpg
128KB, 640x998px
>>
File: IMG_6924.jpg (749KB, 1545x2097px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6924.jpg
749KB, 1545x2097px
>>34972503
I'm just going to skip to the magazine that has pictures unless anyone wants to see a specific song from the last book
>>
File: F 1429964.jpg (110KB, 640x985px) Image search: [Google]
F 1429964.jpg
110KB, 640x985px
does anyone own some WW1 era stuff?
also, I miss the doughboys ITT
>>
File: IMG_6926.jpg (3MB, 2385x3313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6926.jpg
3MB, 2385x3313px
>>34972511
>>
File: 1485549306073.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
1485549306073.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
>>34972521
>does anyone own WW1 era stuff
>>
File: IMG_6928.jpg (2MB, 2289x3233px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6928.jpg
2MB, 2289x3233px
>>34972525
>>
>>34971470
Thats not true at all.

Read about Mischlings. Also why the fuck would Hitler, a WW1 veteran treat his brothers that way? (protip: he wouldn't because he didn't)

not many people like your pseudo-history
>>
File: IMG_6929.jpg (2MB, 2273x3129px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6929.jpg
2MB, 2273x3129px
>>34972537
>>
>>34972428

That's like having a chihuahua attack an elephant. Got a news article connected with this? I am also fascinated with the guy watching at the far end with his hands in his pocket, and also the fact that someone films what is going on. What happened afterwards, did they ask for autographs? Rationally this clip should justify a murder attempt court case.
>>
>>34971793
>>34971868
spot the faggot marxists
>>
>>34969240
And? So was World War Two. You had biplanes fighting in a war that made piston aircraft obsolete and paved the way for computers and space flight.
>>
File: IMG_6930.jpg (2MB, 2321x3217px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6930.jpg
2MB, 2321x3217px
>>34972546
>>
File: IMG_6932.jpg (2MB, 2321x3249px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6932.jpg
2MB, 2321x3249px
>>34972567
>>
File: F 8713407213ß_57.jpg (44KB, 640x409px) Image search: [Google]
F 8713407213ß_57.jpg
44KB, 640x409px
>>34972531
nice, I have such a helmet, but I don't know whether its WW1 or WW2

>>34972554
what?
>>
File: IMG_6933.jpg (2MB, 2305x3233px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6933.jpg
2MB, 2305x3233px
>>34972580
>>
File: F 1345640123002.jpg (249KB, 1024x648px) Image search: [Google]
F 1345640123002.jpg
249KB, 1024x648px
>>
File: IMG_6934.jpg (1MB, 2217x3145px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6934.jpg
1MB, 2217x3145px
>>34972588
>>
File: IMG_6935.jpg (2MB, 2249x3233px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6935.jpg
2MB, 2249x3233px
>>34972600
>>
>>34970199
>born 1945
>WWI started 1914
>ended 1918
>tfw your dad was probably in his late 30s-early 40's when he sired a child, if not older
Damn, gramps. Most boomers I know had parents born during the war at the earliest. Got any good stories from his time?
>>
File: IMG_6936.jpg (2MB, 2321x3249px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6936.jpg
2MB, 2321x3249px
>>34972613
>>
>>34969189
>Refused to recommend Hitler for promotions because he thought him "not leadership material".
Delicious irony.
>>
File: F cui.jpg (173KB, 820x650px) Image search: [Google]
F cui.jpg
173KB, 820x650px
>>
File: IMG_6937.jpg (2MB, 2241x3241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6937.jpg
2MB, 2241x3241px
>>34972582
I think most Adrian helmets are WW1. The one I'm posted actually has the unit the helmet was used with engraved in the brim.
>>34972622
>>
>>34972624

You have to admit that it was a correct assessment.
>>
File: IMG_6938.jpg (2MB, 2241x3233px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6938.jpg
2MB, 2241x3233px
>>34972640
>>
File: IMG_6939.jpg (2MB, 2297x3265px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6939.jpg
2MB, 2297x3265px
>>34972658
>>
>>34972640

Woah. Wrong. Adrians were used through both WW1 and WW2, with somem odifications and updates.. They only went on to the M1 after the latter war.
>>
File: F Georges_guynemer_par_lucien.jpg (64KB, 555x766px) Image search: [Google]
F Georges_guynemer_par_lucien.jpg
64KB, 555x766px
>>34972640
I should check whether its a M15 or M26 (it wa s a gift from my sis)
nice pics BTW
>>
>>34972673
I guess I was wrong then. Most of my WWII knowledge is kind of centered around the Marine Corps in the Pacific, and is probably somewhat biased.
>>
File: IMG_6940.jpg (1MB, 2249x3177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6940.jpg
1MB, 2249x3177px
>>34972667
>>
File: IMG_6941.jpg (2MB, 2297x3217px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6941.jpg
2MB, 2297x3217px
>>34972700
>>
File: IMG_6942.jpg (2MB, 2337x3185px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6942.jpg
2MB, 2337x3185px
>>34972711
>>
File: IMG_6943.jpg (2MB, 2281x3033px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6943.jpg
2MB, 2281x3033px
>>34972720
>>
File: GB 1459856568192.jpg (100KB, 1000x619px) Image search: [Google]
GB 1459856568192.jpg
100KB, 1000x619px
>>
>>34972551
Looks like it's from liveleak.
>>
File: IMG_6944.jpg (1MB, 2249x3241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6944.jpg
1MB, 2249x3241px
>>34972730
>>
File: IMG_6945.jpg (2MB, 2305x3225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6945.jpg
2MB, 2305x3225px
>>34972755
>>
File: GB 1459856897366.jpg (112KB, 800x625px) Image search: [Google]
GB 1459856897366.jpg
112KB, 800x625px
>>34972762
reminds me how rusty my French has become...
>>
>>34972687

That is okay. Frenchies at war are a bewildering topic anyway. If you should want to look up the WW2 part you could start with the Free French Forces under de Gaulle in Africa, because they fought together with American soldiers.

Marine Corps in the Pacific during WW2 is interesting in itself. I am particularly fascinated by the events at Wake Island.
>>
File: GB 1484074767001.jpg (177KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
GB 1484074767001.jpg
177KB, 1600x1200px
>>34972687
what about the Marines in WW1? I am off to France tomorrow, I hope I can pay a visit here
https://www.abmc.gov/cemeteries-memorials/europe/aisne-marne-american-cemetery#.WaCJRj5Jbcs
>>
File: IMG_6946.jpg (2MB, 2169x3201px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6946.jpg
2MB, 2169x3201px
>>34972762

>>34972783
Same, I haven't practiced in a while.
>>34972795
Earlier this year I got to hear someone who was a rifle platoon commander on Peleilu and Okinawa speak, which was pretty cool. And he's still a decent shot too.
>>
>>
File: IMG_6947.jpg (2MB, 2265x3153px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6947.jpg
2MB, 2265x3153px
>>34972822
>>34972812
>Marines in WWI
Not as much as I should, outside of Belleau Wood. I still need to make it there before the arabs completely take over France.
>>
File: IMG_6948.jpg (2MB, 2297x3177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6948.jpg
2MB, 2297x3177px
>>34972837
>>
>>34972837
the rural areas are still fine, them wogs in general avoid historical sites, castles etc. I was in Belgium recently, you see soldiers with assault rifles patroling the streets there...
>>
File: Fokker Dr I Jasta_2.jpg (61KB, 640x417px) Image search: [Google]
Fokker Dr I Jasta_2.jpg
61KB, 640x417px
>>
File: IMG_6949.jpg (2MB, 2225x3225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6949.jpg
2MB, 2225x3225px
>>34972843
>>34972865
If I can do a study abroad while working on my next degree I'll probably see about doing it in Italy, so I could spend at least a weekend in France.
>>
File: IMG_6950.jpg (3MB, 3973x2589px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6950.jpg
3MB, 3973x2589px
>>34972882
>>
File: Fokker Dr.I Voss _1010.jpg (89KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
Fokker Dr.I Voss _1010.jpg
89KB, 800x582px
>>
File: IMG_6951.jpg (1MB, 2209x2937px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6951.jpg
1MB, 2209x2937px
>>34972892
>>
File: 1500259928364.jpg (54KB, 1024x507px) Image search: [Google]
1500259928364.jpg
54KB, 1024x507px
>>34970432
Great Christ I don't think I'd live with myself a day after that
>>
File: IMG_6952.jpg (2MB, 2065x2873px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6952.jpg
2MB, 2065x2873px
>>34972898
>>
File: US Doughboy_award K G V.jpg (76KB, 640x575px) Image search: [Google]
US Doughboy_award K G V.jpg
76KB, 640x575px
>>34972882
that would be nice
>>
>>34970199

Please post more if this is real.
>>
File: US dispatch rider ww1.png (634KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
US dispatch rider ww1.png
634KB, 640x480px
>>
>>34970280

There's a lot of misinformation about the camps.
>>
File: IMG_6953.jpg (2MB, 2537x2917px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6953.jpg
2MB, 2537x2917px
>>34972902
>>
>>
File: IMG_6954.jpg (2MB, 2455x2921px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6954.jpg
2MB, 2455x2921px
>>34972929
>>
>>34972588
That little side comic on the left is an advertisement for some sort of French toothpaste called Dentol. They cry out to the French "Comrades, please don't kill us!" and they're suffering because they have crappy teeth which makes eating crappy bread hard.The ad then says you can avoid the same fate as the germans by buying Dentol, a french product for a french soldier. That's kinda funny propaganda/advertising

Right next to it is an ad for a "Camping Douche" which is a portable shower, specifically meant for soldiers in the field. A couple other advertisements mention soldiers specifically, but the prosthesis ad doesn't need to. Men would already be looking for those.

Where did you get the magazines, anon?
>>
>>
File: IMG_6955.jpg (2MB, 2157x2929px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6955.jpg
2MB, 2157x2929px
>>34972937
>>
File: US 92nd-Infantry-DivisionPoval.jpg (271KB, 800x993px) Image search: [Google]
US 92nd-Infantry-DivisionPoval.jpg
271KB, 800x993px
>>
File: US 166th_Infantry_in_action.jpg (247KB, 1280x891px) Image search: [Google]
US 166th_Infantry_in_action.jpg
247KB, 1280x891px
>>
File: IMG_6956.jpg (1MB, 2177x2921px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6956.jpg
1MB, 2177x2921px
>>34972945
>>34972938
An antique arms show. I pretty much bought all the French language stuff this one guy had, since apparently no one else was interested in it.

One of my favorite parts in the next magazine I'm photographing is an ad from Burberry.
>>
File: IMG_6957.jpg (2MB, 2153x2985px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6957.jpg
2MB, 2153x2985px
>>34972959
>>
File: US 369th_15th_New_York.jpg (629KB, 3000x2336px) Image search: [Google]
US 369th_15th_New_York.jpg
629KB, 3000x2336px
>>
File: US 19465219854.jpg (536KB, 1600x1025px) Image search: [Google]
US 19465219854.jpg
536KB, 1600x1025px
>>
File: US 1289404021366.jpg (108KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
US 1289404021366.jpg
108KB, 800x536px
>>
File: US 1414279592586.jpg (1MB, 1834x1781px) Image search: [Google]
US 1414279592586.jpg
1MB, 1834x1781px
>>
File: IMG_6958.jpg (2MB, 1969x2937px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6958.jpg
2MB, 1969x2937px
>>34972964
>>
File: IMG_6959.jpg (2MB, 2089x3017px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6959.jpg
2MB, 2089x3017px
>>34972991
>>
>>34972582
The Virgin Kaiser
The Chad Frog
>>
Sorry for being vague, but does anyone have that photograph of a father and son donning their uniforms? The father had some Franco-Prussian uniform and the son had a standard German WW1 uniform.
>>
File: IMG_6960.jpg (2MB, 2137x3065px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6960.jpg
2MB, 2137x3065px
>>34972998
>>
File: IMG_6961.jpg (2MB, 2185x3041px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6961.jpg
2MB, 2185x3041px
>>34973007
>>
File: US 1459857040718.jpg (71KB, 800x538px) Image search: [Google]
US 1459857040718.jpg
71KB, 800x538px
>>
File: IMG_6962.jpg (2MB, 2089x2993px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6962.jpg
2MB, 2089x2993px
>>34973016
>>
>>34972945
>Putting a german deserter in photograph showing him collaborating with his nations enemies by showing them the terrain for artillery fire
Bet that guy got beaten or killed when he returned home, or maybe he became a naturalized French citizen to avoid that. Unless that photo was staged

>>34972999
The Virgin Kaiser attacks on two fronts because hes afraid of being surrounded, but can't win on either side because he doesn't have enough soldiers.

The Chad Frog has allies all around him because he doesn't fear having strong nations beside him, and knows he can solo them all if he must.
>>
File: 1503016148481m.jpg (141KB, 1024x828px) Image search: [Google]
1503016148481m.jpg
141KB, 1024x828px
Balfour Agreement

Look that up
>>
File: US 1454504222606-1.jpg (150KB, 1200x945px) Image search: [Google]
US 1454504222606-1.jpg
150KB, 1200x945px
>>
File: IMG_6963.jpg (2MB, 2105x3113px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6963.jpg
2MB, 2105x3113px
>>34973023
>>
>>34973025
It probably could have been staged. These magazines seem pretty propaganda-ish.

That's the end of the first one. I have pictures of one more magazine, but I need to find my camera charger to do any more beyond that.
>>
File: US 1459857322145.jpg (94KB, 800x623px) Image search: [Google]
US 1459857322145.jpg
94KB, 800x623px
>>34973025
maybe he was from Alsace or Lorraine, many soldiers from those areas defected
>>
File: US Aaron_R._Fisher.jpg (103KB, 800x1005px) Image search: [Google]
US Aaron_R._Fisher.jpg
103KB, 800x1005px
>>
>>34971568
Sure,

The Tsar killed many prominent figures that agitated against the war in the Russian Empire. If he was interested in peace himself, why would he do that ?
>>
File: US Amiens 1918 ly4.jpg (103KB, 800x635px) Image search: [Google]
US Amiens 1918 ly4.jpg
103KB, 800x635px
>>34973066
who was killed?
The facts show Russia was reluctant to go to war, mobilization was delayed.
>>
File: 9780425283714.jpg (47KB, 302x450px) Image search: [Google]
9780425283714.jpg
47KB, 302x450px
>>34969189

I recently started reading this book (actually listening to it on audible) and its been pretty baller so far. Highly recommend it.
>>
>>
File: US troops LUX.jpg (258KB, 1280x860px) Image search: [Google]
US troops LUX.jpg
258KB, 1280x860px
>>
>>
>>
File: turk-gallip-artill.jpg (120KB, 700x537px) Image search: [Google]
turk-gallip-artill.jpg
120KB, 700x537px
>>
File: U 155 1917.jpg (2MB, 4780x3588px) Image search: [Google]
U 155 1917.jpg
2MB, 4780x3588px
>>
>>34971097

The thing that really puts the heat on Germany in terms of blame is the Schifflein plan, and the lack of alternatives to do. The invasion of two neutral countries makes it hard to argue that Germany was fighting a defensive war.
>>
File: SMS_Derfflinger_-_battle damage.jpg (147KB, 1280x884px) Image search: [Google]
SMS_Derfflinger_-_battle damage.jpg
147KB, 1280x884px
>>
>>
File: SMS_Seydlitz_after_Jutland.png (1MB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
SMS_Seydlitz_after_Jutland.png
1MB, 1024x765px
>>
File: IMG_6964.jpg (1MB, 2181x2969px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6964.jpg
1MB, 2181x2969px
Thread is starting to get near the image limit.
>>
File: Schneider 1481562983179.jpg (160KB, 855x700px) Image search: [Google]
Schneider 1481562983179.jpg
160KB, 855x700px
>>
File: IMG_6965.jpg (2MB, 2141x2917px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6965.jpg
2MB, 2141x2917px
>>34973233
>>
File: Schneider 1474754455244.jpg (166KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
Schneider 1474754455244.jpg
166KB, 1280x850px
>>34973233
ok,my last pic
>>
File: IMG_6967.jpg (2MB, 2080x3032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6967.jpg
2MB, 2080x3032px
>>34973246
I just think it's interesting how there's a Burberry ad in a French magazine directed towards soldiers.
>>
>>34970961
>his nickname is breakthrough miller
>breakthroughmiller
>when people literally sat in trenches fortifying all day to kill the other side when they stood up from their trenches
>>
>>34972369
>>
>>34973386
any question or comment?
>>
>>34973088
>delayed

Russians mobilized faster then the germans anticipated and attacked Tannenberg before the Germans entered Russian territory.

The Ochana killed prominent Merchants, Dukes and Rasputin, many of them agitated against the Tsar in the later stages of the war because of the hunger and suffering in the cicilian Population
>>
>>34973186
The schlieffen plan was developed and planned 1891-1906. Hague convention (of importance) took place in 1907.
>>
>>34973310
He was called that because he was talented at blowing a hole in those fortified trench lines that everyone set up and allowing the Germans to move forward, when everyone else was sitting in trenches all day.
>>
>>34973412

>>34973310
Moreover, his technique was something along the lines of
>Hit the enemy with short bombardments with more precision than just sweeping the opposing side to stun defenders at specific points
>Prioritize using gas shells to prevent destroying no man's land, making it less of a struggle for infantry to advance
>use smoke to cover the advance
>>
>>34973400
>Russians mobilized faster then the germans anticipated and attacked Tannenberg before the Germans entered Russian territory.

so what? Russia mobilized in response to A-H's declaration of war against Serbia.
https://blog.oup.com/2014/07/29-july-1914-russian-mobilization-first-world-war/
http://www.historyplace.com/worldhistory/firstworldwar/index-1914.html

From "Geschichte der Mobilmachung in Preussen und Deutschand" Teil 2 : 1871-1918

27 July : the military is taking over the railways
28 July : men on leave are recalled (active soldiers on the way home or to holidays)
29 July : the fortifications are put on war foot
30 July :the borders are guarded by the military (in German: Aufstellung des Grenzschutz) (active military units)
31 July: Drohenden Kriegsgefahr, which is a disguised premobilisation.

>The Ochana killed prominent Merchants, Dukes and Rasputin, many of them agitated against the Tsar in the later stages of the war because of the hunger and suffering in the cicilian Population

Rasputin was killed, that's evidence Russia wanted war with Germany - yeah nah
>>
>>34972622
>-Are they sleeping?
>-No my excellency. They've been killed, my comrades!
>-So, What are you waiting for here alone?
>-My Turn.
>Admirable and tranquil response, worthy of making forthwith fall in love Victory.
Jesus the Poilus sure knew Banter
>>
>>34973572
If there's another thread I'll dump more.
>>
>>34969240
every war is usually a clash of old versus new, unless you're talking about the few periods of stagnation, like from the development of bayoneted muzzle loading muskets until Minie balls and rifling were developed.
Wars are basically made up of a collection of old shit that still works, old shit that doesn't work, and new shit to replace the old shit.
>>
>>34973522
And yet the Russians entered the Territory of the german empire first.

They mobilised before the declaration of war, thats the whole reason for the ultimatum after all.
>>
>>34972928
>le go back to /pol/
seriously though give me a quick rundown on the misinfo
>>
File: Screenshot_20170825-180825.jpg (321KB, 777x614px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170825-180825.jpg
321KB, 777x614px
>>34970185

Holy shit, that's fucking metal. I used to be a grunt with 2/6 so that's interesting to read about. I can't imagine that there are too many old salts that made it through the entire island hopping campaign.
>>
>>34973640
>And yet the Russians entered the Territory of the german empire first.
After Germany declared war on Russia.

>They mobilised before the declaration of war, thats the whole reason for the ultimatum after all.
not true, as shown in the charts, they mobilized after Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia.
You mess up the timeline all the time.
>>
>>34973396
nah, it was supposed to be hearts but it didnt work
>>
>>34970068
They got fucked because of luxemburg and friends.
>>
>>34973674
sadly I never got the promised box of old photographs after my (childless) aunt passed away, my great-grandpa was a captain in the Imperial German Navy, I really would have loved to own the pics. He was from Alsace, after the war was lost my great-grandma buried his uniform, sabre and all navy related stuff because that area was taken back by France, and they didn't particularly like Alsatians fighting for Germany.
>>
>>34971485

>which treaty was triggered?

niebelungentreue my dude
>>
>>34973666
So if they didnt have that hegemonic claim to be a panslvic Godfather Nation they wouldt not have mobilised, face it they wanted A-H out of the Balkan and longed for this war too
>>
>>34973733
technically not a treaty, and both, Germany and Austria-Hungary tried to cheat on each other all the time, Germany offered Italy Italian speaking parks of Austria, and Austria Alsace-Lorraine to France behind each other's backs...not that loyal I guess. Not to mention the German plan to dominate the Austrian Empire/Mitteleropa and its sphere of interest economically, establishing a customs union in disfavour of Austria. (A plan which now is archieved with EU)
>>
>>34973751
whereas Panslavism existed, it didn't mean Poles, Czechs, Slovaks, Slovenes and Croatians wished to become a part of the Russian Empire, they rather wanted to become independent from Germany and AH. After having been shown lot's of evidence on how Russia tried to avoid a war, you still stubbornly claim otherwise, without bringing forward of any evidence.
>>
File: EnglishShell38cm.jpg (110KB, 800x588px) Image search: [Google]
EnglishShell38cm.jpg
110KB, 800x588px
>>34973779

>technically not a treaty
it was more a brocode, which at the time was about as good as any written treaty, but once nations started all using their brocode cards, things started to escalate quickly, It was a prectival demonstration in what cwent wrong with globalism and government entanglements, not to mention the US aiding the allied forces for profit, Fun fact, Dupont got investigated for war profiteering, the situation is actually a great read
>>
>>34973843

The story of dupont almost seems to indicate the beginning of the modern military industrial complex, dupont supplied 40% of allied explosives during the war, and saw an almost 400% increase in stock value

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=9C0CE1DF1E39E13ABC4E53DFB5668382609EDE
>>
>>34973843
not really, it was a constant cheating on each other, Germany urging Austria to start the war against Serbia as this is a guarantee to piss off the Russians, Germany, needed the Austrian troops in the East as the main thrust was going against France, Austria was not keen to have a war against Russia though - and most certainly not against France - and found itself in a desperate ssituation, Neither Germany and Austria informed their ally Italy about their plans as well. There is no brocode, only own interests.
Anyway, I must pack my stuff, I'm off to Frannce and Luxembourg tomorrow, c ya around.
>>
>>34973901
have a fun and safe trip anon
>>
>>34973820
Das russische Reich hatte nach dem verlorenen Russisch-Japanischen Krieg von 1904/05 seine imperialistischen Bestrebungen in Asien aufgeben müssen und konzentrierte sich deshalb besonders auf den Balkan. Der Panslawismus, das Ziel, alle slawischen Völker zu vereinigen, brachte das Zarenreich zwangsläufig in einen Konflikt mit Österreich-Ungarn und dessen deutschen Verbündeten. Ebenso strebte man die Erringung eines freien Zugangs zum Mittelmeer und eines permanent eisfreien Hafens an der Ostsee an. Das an das russische Herrschaftsgebiet angrenzende Ostpreußen und ein Teil Westpreußens sollten annektiert werden. Für den Zugang zum Mittelmeer musste die Hoheit über den Bosporus gewonnen werden, was die russische Regierung naturgemäß in Spannungen mit dem Osmanischen Reich brachte, dessen weitere Existenz dadurch bedroht war.

The Russian Empire turned its interest towards the balkan after the lost Russo-Japanese war in 1905. Panslawism, the goal of uniting all slavic People brought the russian empire into a conflict with A-H and its german ally. Furthermore Russia wanted to obtain a ice free Harbour on the baltic sea therefore Eastern prussia and parts of western prussia should have been annexed. To obtain a harbour in the mediteranian sea parts of the Bosporus had to be annexed, which brought tensions with the Ottoman Empire with it.

Das änderte sich, als der russische Kriegsminister Suchomlinow im Jahre 1910 den Plan No. 19 verabschiedete. Dieser sah einen Vorstoß der Russen auf deutsches Territorium vor

The Russian Minister of war forwarded the Plan 19. in 1910 that an attack on german territories in Prussia should take place

Source:
E. Moraht: Unser Krieg. Dritter Band: Die Ostfront. Der Krieg an der Ostfront von Kurland bis Konstantinopel. Dachau bei München 1916.

They werent as aggresive as germany and A-H but still wanted the war to happen
>>
>>34973641
The easiest thing to point out is that they even openly admit that the building they show as the gas chamber in Auschwitz wasn't actually a gas chamber or used as a gas chamber. This should have been obvious in the first place because it lacks an airtight door. Then there's the whole "there aren't enough ovens for mass murder" thing. I'm not denying there was nothing bad happening, just based on the fact that we have Dr. Mengeles research, it's just that there are a lot of holes in the version that's taught, and it's concerning that there's so much pushback against investigating it objectively.
>>
>>34970280
Haber-Bosch is so commenly used its unfair to relate this guys legacy to the holocaust
>>
>>34970068
If you, or your father, or your grandfather fought for the emperor there's a really good chance your family could become "aryanised".
This basically meant that as far as the law was concerned you were no longer a Jew as such.

Around a quarter million Jewish men served in the Heer, Kriegsmarine, Luftwaffe and even the Waffen SS. And not just as grunts either.

Guys like Erhard Milch (Luftwaffe Field Marshall), Helmuth Wilberg (Luftwaffe General), Anton Mayer (SS undersecretary), hell even Alfred Rosenberg was apparently had a Jewish background and he was the head of the party when Hitler was in jail.
>>
>>34973612
every great* war
>>
>>34970961
thanks, druchbruchmüller-sama
Thread posts: 258
Thread images: 150

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.