[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tabuk Sniper Rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: tabuk_sniper.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tabuk_sniper.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
> Semi-automatic Sniper rifle
> 7.62×39mm
Was it autism?
>>
no, it was middle east
>>
>>34968923
It's called a Sniper Rifle because that reflects Russian doctrine, which the Iraqi army used to be based on. In American doctrine, it's the perfect example of a DMR.

Also, any rifle can be a Sniper rifle.
>>
>>34968923

It was being poor and valuing logistic simplicity over effectiveness.
>>
File: Graph-7-5-1024x609.png (142KB, 1024x609px) Image search: [Google]
Graph-7-5-1024x609.png
142KB, 1024x609px
>>34968953
>Also, any rifle can be a Sniper rifle.
But not all rounds are effective at medium and long range, the 7.62×39mm isn't one of those.
>>
>>34968935
At least, it's a sexy rifle
>>
>>34968935
Daily Reminder that 70% or Arabs are inbred and between 30-40% of them would be classified as mentally retarded by the AMA, and less than 20% of them are literate. Oh and Mohammed married a 9 year old, and was among the most brutal slavers and warlords in history
>>
>>34968973
It's fine at 300 and does the job just fine.
>>
>>34968923
>calling it a sniper rifle

No, you have autism. No one called it a sniper rifle.
>>
>>34968973
>Implying sniping has to happen at those distances
Sharpshooting =/= snipering.

For DMR purposes, x39 is adequate, especially up to the common engagement distances (for a DMR) of up to 800 yards.

>>34969008
The Iraqis literally call it a Sniper Rifle though. It's a Sniper rifle in the Russian sense though, not the American sense.
>>
>>34968953
Their doctrine was actually based off the British. Try reading "Saddam's War" - they interview Hamdani, the general that was in charge through both Gulf wars. You are correct that it's more comparable to a DMR though.
>>
>>34969019

"Sniper Rifle" is a culturally loaded term. Consider most iraqis shoot without using sights.
>>
>>34969045
check your accuracy privilege, shitlord
>>
File: tabuk_insurgent_med.jpg (68KB, 400x277px) Image search: [Google]
tabuk_insurgent_med.jpg
68KB, 400x277px
R8 my stance
>>
>>34969053
get in the helicopter.
>>
>>34969930

Blackeye/10
>>
>>34969930
Does he have a 60 rounder?
>>
File: VZ-58-2.jpg (474KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
VZ-58-2.jpg
474KB, 1280x960px
>>34968923
Seems pointless to make it any heavier than it has to be. I'm a better shot for longer timeframes with a rifle that doesn't fatigue me. But I like how it looks.
400 yards aint no thang for a normal 762x39 rifle with 4x optics, or even with irons for that matter. I haven't taken it past that, but I imagine it'd do fine for a fair amount further.
>>
>>34968990
How much of a moron do you have to be to believe that overseeing a handful of low level tribal skirmishes that killed ~150-200 people over a 20 year period qualifies someone as "among the most brutal warlords in history"? Dostum killed 10x that many people in one day you idiot. Get off /k/
>>
>>34968953

>Also, any rifle can be a Sniper rifle.

That is some stupid shit right there. Anything can be used as a shovel but that doesn't mean it is a shovel.

A Sniper Rifle, by practical application is a rifle that exhibits a level of accuracy and a powerful enough cartridge that allows it to engage and dispatch targets at ranges beyond standard rifles.

You can try to snipe with any rifle, but it doesn't make them a sniper rifle.
>>
>>34970174
A sniper rifle is any rifle used by a snipe hunter.

Your verbal diarrhea means nothing when snipers were using blackpowder muskets in the beginning
>>
>>34968935
Iraq also made copies of a stage model tank firing training rounds and that had no AC or radiation protection.
>>
>>34970173
/pol/ was a mistake.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.