[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AR-15, M4 carbine, or AK47?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: AK-47-VS-AR15-890x395_c.jpg (37KB, 890x395px) Image search: [Google]
AK-47-VS-AR15-890x395_c.jpg
37KB, 890x395px
Hey everyone! I am looking to purchase my first rifle and was looking for some advice on which to buy. M4 Carbine, AR-15, or an AK-47. I have a basic understanding of these weapons, but what I'm hoping to get from you guys is which one you prefer and why!
Thanks ahead of time!
>>
>>34967385
Which ever one tickles your pickle the most. Go to /arg/ or /akg/
>>
>>34967385
AR. I'm not a famine starved Russian so the relatively small area of butt on an AK makes them pretty uncomfortable to use. If you're looking for reasons to buy one, steel case .223/5.56 is as cheap as if not cheaper than steel case 7.62x39. Mags are more plentiful and generally cost less. If you want to use optics AR is the way to go. You can mount optics on AKs, but you aren't going to get a cheek weld without a strap on riser. If possible, go shoot both and figure out which one you prefer.
>>
The age old question. Go to a range with rentals and feel them both for yourself, no amount of shit and memes we can split at you will ever be as good as your own preference based on what you yourself have done. Also inb4 this thread turns into /akg/ vs. /arg/
>>
Surprised a FAL fanboy hasn't shown up yet.
>>
.22 cricket. Trust me
>>
>>34967385
The M4 Carbine is a select fire carbine, the AK-47 literally does not exist. Looks like you'll have to go with the AR-15.
>>
>>34967385
Stop buying dime a dozen garbage incentivizing industry stagnation. Buy an AR18 derivative, buy a fucking keltec shitpup, but stop buying muh ayy arr ayy kay iPhone-tier unimaginative cancer.
>>
>>34969722
>for one rifle to exist there are others that must die.
>you are only capable of purchasing one firearm ever.
this isn't highlander faggot.
>>
AR is $450
AK is $550
Pick the one you think looks cooler and get the other in two months
>>
>>34967397
>>34967624
>>34968816

>falling for this bait
>>
BE A FUCKING MAN AND GET A PTR YOU FUCKING SISSY FUCCBOI
>>
>>34967385
>AR is $450
>AK is $550
>Pick the one you think looks cooler and get the other in two months
>>34967385
>AR is $450
>AK is $550
>Pick the one you think looks cooler and get the other in two months

Where in the fuck can you find AR's for that cheap? I'm looking at an AR 10 and the min on that is 1k
>>
>>34970054
Palmetto State Armory. They were just having a sale their PA10 parts aswell, cost about $500 for a basic one.
>>
>>34967385
First of all ak47s are quite rare and expensive in the US because they've been replaced by other models of AK and because they're select-fire.
Second of all the M4 is something you can't get. It's also select fire and currently only issued to the military.
You can build a knockoff, semi-auto only version of an AR15 that looks just like it if that's your thing. Check Palmetto State Armory and buy a stripped lower and a parts kit.
>>
>>34970054
PSA and Classic both have $400 rifles.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.