[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help a non American out what are the Marines for? they appear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: hammering_a_screw-1144x724.jpg (103KB, 1144x724px) Image search: [Google]
hammering_a_screw-1144x724.jpg
103KB, 1144x724px
help a non American out

what are the Marines for?
they appear to be the brute force / wrong tool for the job in almost every situation.

is it a dumping ground for people without the aptitude for infantry?
>>
>>34958800
They're for raping Asian preteens.
>>
>>34958804
/thread
>>
E5 muhreen here.

We don't do shit anymore. Im serious.
We police third world nations that we shouldn't be in, most of what I do is bureaucratic busywork.

In days of old we were the tip of the spear and let the Army clean up the damaged and that's what the recruitment commercials tell you. The military is a fruitcake factory and the west is doomed.
/thread
>>
>>34958800
>without the aptitude for infantry?
Are you memeing or something? Marines have their own infantry and is a completely different branch than the army.
>>
>>34958826
>E5
>marine
How many centuries did it take you to hit E5?
>>
>>34958834
4 years after reenlistment, good conduct, and recruitment bonus.
>>
>>34958859
Do you treat the junior enlisted like shit or what? Like, do they encourage you too?
>>
>>34958876
We aren't allowed to any more. We aren't even allowed to blood wing or chevron cherries
We have an HR department for the love of fuck. I get DD'd and sent to prison if I tell a Marinate her hair looks good
>boo hoo hazing
>boo hoo sexual harassment
>boo boo I joined the military and can't someone farting
>>
>>34958826
Army First to Baghdad.
>>34958800
In all seriousness the Army or Navy should completely absorb the Marines. Having 2 branches with the same role is unnecessary, and has fucked over Infantry and SF in the past.
>>
>>34958800
Originally I think they were meant for operations near the coast. Navies have always been super important and while you could dominate the ocean you might need to do shit on the coast. Things like WWII pacific theater would be just their type of thing.

But over time they just blended into a general use type of thing especially with long endless wars that needed men cycled in and out.
>>
>>34958800
In an ideal world, having two "armies" means that we can support competing doctrines and innovate faster.

But in order to save this from efficiency worshipping beancounters, congress felt the need to set a minimum statutory size for the Marine Corps, which has pushed them to focus on recruitment propaganda instead of actually testing innovation.

Also their procurement is controlled by the Navy (which world rather sirens money on navy shit), so some of their shit is kinda fucked up.
>>
>>34958899
>upset because he can't physically hurt his own people
Typical marine.
>>
>>34958918
Yeah, God forbid a person who signed his life into indentured servitude to kill other human beings for slave wages gets a little rassling. That might hurt his poor feelings
>>
I could probably do for a civics refresher, but I'd heard something along the lines of POTUS can do more with USMC than Army or Navy without congressional approval since how it's written in the Constitution. So that's why they still exist. Is there anything at all to that, or is it complete BS?
>>
>>34958934
It is somewhat true but probably not in the way you think. Marines have special departments such as embassy security guards, presidential security, guarding financial institutions, port security maritime operations and a few other things.None of these actions need congressional approval and can directly be ordered by POTUS. However they cant take any offensive action, and basically just guard domestic shit (and embassys)
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 240x300px
>>34958928
Can't wait until a marine pulls a pic related.
>>
File: 16.jpg (31KB, 351x512px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
31KB, 351x512px
>>34958962
>>
>>34958907

Marines were the northern most unit the entire push up
>>
>>34958962

sorry, marines procure the least traitors
>>
>>34959208
yeah, conspiracy requires intelligence.
>>
>>34958928
>marine
>can't keep his hands to himself like a grown ass man
Checks out.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.