[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the art of war

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 4560##S.jpg (117KB, 614x520px) Image search: [Google]
4560##S.jpg
117KB, 614x520px
sup /k/
wanted to know what sort of art - be it high or pop culture - you enjoy the most that is inspired by war

>pop or classical music
>visual art, film, tv
>novels and plays

video games are excluded

>https://youtu.be/WNoy6FHHAU0

Pic related, I always enjoy gawking at this gargantuan painting when I visit the Art Gallery of NSW
>>
File: 8493722-3x2-940x627.jpg (57KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
8493722-3x2-940x627.jpg
57KB, 940x627px
>inb4 Sabaton teenage garbage

https://youtu.be/talqltbOsNU
>>
>>34958788
wtf is that picture?
>>
>>34958933
mortar blew up in the tube and killed everyone.
>>
>>34958933
Four mortar crew being killed from a catostrophic weapon malfunction, along with 2 reporters. The picture is the last frame of a female reporters video camera.
>>
>>34958970
>>34958969
Damn that's shitty
>>
File: 71PHVTgWVGL.jpg (161KB, 907x1360px) Image search: [Google]
71PHVTgWVGL.jpg
161KB, 907x1360px
>>34958755
Novels and film.
Novels bring about the accounts full force in my imagination and are something I can't get out of any other medium. Not to mention most of history is preserved through text so I learn more about the conflicts this way.
War films come in so many different shapes and forms and are much easier to share with friends and people you know. I do confess many war films don't hold up, but many do as well.

That said novels most definitely take the metaphorical cake for me. How well they not only account for events, but the writings and mindsets of peoples in the war and era, light my imagination up to a degree that can be considered humbling on the trials of folks of yesteryear.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.