[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of current US generals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: cakewalk.jpg (39KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
cakewalk.jpg
39KB, 500x332px
Let's evaluate the current US command chain.

Mattis aside, how would you rate American generals and admirals in terms of competence, compared to some previous generals?
>>
>>34958647
Any rank above E5 isn't a human being anymore and can fuck off.
>>
>>34958647
It's hard to compare them to people tested in conventional wars since the skill set is pretty different. People like Mattis need to handle counter insurgency while people like Eisenhower had to manage and win field battles.
But the Battle of 73 Easting was a damn good show by General McMaster when he was still a Captain.
>>
File: PHOTO0.jpg (49KB, 530x400px) Image search: [Google]
PHOTO0.jpg
49KB, 530x400px
>>34958647
there is your problem
>>
>>34958657
t. private crayon
>>
>>34958647
Why would I care? I got out almost a decade ago and have a life to live.

What do you Google modern generals? Measure them by your armchair general status? Enjoy those tendies, I think you're a really NEET individual.
>>
>>34958657
>>34960278
>Comparing enlisted to officers

Civvie as fuck up in this bitch.
>>
>>34958647
4/mattis mattis is best.
>>
>>34958647
everyone in the navy seems to have legitimate mental helth problems. I'm not sure if that's because of 8 years of obama military shoots and leaders but it seems like it. Air force has some cool guys. McMaster is based af. Marines have som neat aviation guys
>>
>>34960299
measure them by the fact that they haven't been able to resolve a 16 year conflict
>>
I dont know about generals, but whoever is in charge of the 7th fleet needs to be sacked ASAP. And the captains need to have their drivers licenses revoked
>>
>>34960823
That's because it's not the goal. We remain to occupy. It's part of the plan.
>>
>>34960865
there are more cost effective and safer ways to occupy them
>>
>>34960917
No there isn't. We have to maintain the security of all the poppy fields. No poppies = no heroin = no drug money = CIA out of business.
>>
>>34960827
every flag officer in the entire Navy is an incompetent oxygen thief

the Army is only like 75% of the way there
>>
>>34958647
they can't even beat a 5 years old with down syndrome in a game of 1v1 sc1 classic
>>
>>34960827
He already has been
>>
>>34960784
It seems as if a lot of politics has infiltrated the general officer community, much more so than normal. The USMC were the only ones who fought females in the infantry, since its a cult.
>>
>>34960930
the poppy meme is my favorite conspiracy theory.

I spent half my deployment burning them down.
>>
>>34961549
That aside, they're not incompetent, they're just playing the "career above everything" game. Read "The Dictators Handbook" if you want to understand government, its not about doing a good job, its about keeping it.
>>
>>34961549
Heh, kid, I think I know more about that than you. I've read infographics and everything.
>>
>>34958647
Tactically excellent, strategically incompetent.

16 years of failure in Afghanistan is not a sign of a competent command staff.
>>
>>34962627
If half of what the Blackwater guy said about leadership in Afghanistan is true, it should be concerning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YHEMR_Zx3Q
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.