[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sig MPX questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0241.jpg (21KB, 640x214px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0241.jpg
21KB, 640x214px
Alright /k/ can someone school me on the mpx rifles? I know, I know old news but I've seriously started to like them a lot more lately. I'm guessing the pic related would require an sbr stamp? What does it have or offer that an AR pistol or sbr in 9mm wouldn't? How about the carbines? I only knew one old guy that had one, and he liked it,but of course his was just a range toy, he wasn't running it hard or getting it dirty. What does /k/ think if them?
>>
They're overpriced because Sig. Bout the only thing going for it is no buffer tube, aside from that might as well go SCAR/MR556 or just get a PWS MK1 Mod2.
>>
All I know is that there is no (or not as strong) gas block, so it does occasionally gas you in the face when firing. Could've been a defect on the one I used at the range, or could be a thing with all of them, I dunno. They look nice, and I heard they perform pretty well. Although, for the price, I've heard that a Skorpian Evo is worth it a tad more.

Wish I could help you more, but all I have in experience with it is about 2 minutes of range time, 5 minutes of finger-banging, and hearsay.
>>
>>34954510
The MPX and the EVO are like a Cadillac to a Honda Accord.

They both do generally the same thing. The former is a lot more expensive and has a few small quirks, but it noticeably more well built, will retain it's value better, is probably more expensive to buy parts/extras for, but overall is a better/nicer experience. Is it worth the price hike? That's up to your personal preference and your wallet.

Keeping with that analogy, the sub2000 is the Ford Pinto.
>>
>>34954567
>Cadillac
>Well built
>>
>>34954636
It's an analogy and this isn't /o/. Replace Cadillac with whatever high quality brand of luxury car is good on the market now.
>>
>>34954541
>>34954567
Hmmmm I completely forgot about the evo. I can see the similarities in the two, how does it stack up?
>>
>>34954648
It's plastic. If you like mostly plastic guns, you'll be content. The recoils a bit sharper and its not as comfy or as customizable as the MPX is, but its a pretty gud pistol cal carbine.
>>
File: 20161219_172807.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161219_172807.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>34954510
I really like mine. In fact it's easily my favorite toy as of late. It's a blast to shoot. It's still mostly a toy, but last range trip I did put a decent number of 147 +p hollowpoints through it (HSTs) to start to assess it's defensive capabilities. This assessment,in short, went well. Super soft shooting and fast.

Recoil is substantially lighter than an sbr length ar, which i was also testing out so it was alot of side by side shooting.

Pic relates has a cuck brace that works great. Stock like op pic would need a stamp
>>
>>34954819
How big of a clip can you have on those?
>>
>>34956327
30, 20, or 10 rd. 30 being by far the most common
>>
>>34956327
Also the magazines I mainly see are Lancer Magazines, so they're pretty high quality and should last a long time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.