[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are SBR worth the trouble?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: sig-sauer-mpx-9mm-30rd.jpg (65KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
sig-sauer-mpx-9mm-30rd.jpg
65KB, 1000x666px
Has anyone done the paperwork? Does it really take a full year? Was it worth it?
>>
File: DSC_1029-660x440.jpg (30KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1029-660x440.jpg
30KB, 660x440px
>>34949832
>Was it worth it?
I mean compared to the stupid arm brace thing
>>
>>34949832
yes yes no
>>
>>34949841
>Actually using an arm.brace the way it was intended
>>
you can just as well get an arm brace that so happens to also be useful to brace against your shoulder
>>
>>34949948
Sure but how long before they ban the thing or making examples
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNf5YeJEfvc
>>
>>34950116
That's called CYOA, Sig knew what people were going to do with it, otherwise it would have just been a cinch strap.
ATF raised a stink but got BTFO enough to reverse the "illegal SBR brace" meme. Same thing that happened with the green tip a little while back.
>>
>>34949841
>mhmm bob these hard rubber arm braces look like stocks
>yeah bill, better strap it to our arm because it total isn't designed to function like a stock without being a ATF designated stock
>ok bob, god I love being cucked by the ATF
You do realize people only use the brace like that if the legitimately have super weak forearms or when making a YouTube video during the ATF's temper tantrum phase.
>>
>>34949832
no, idk, maybe i'll find out one day
>>
I heard there was a new barcode system for form 4s that would make the purchasing of an NFA item like an sbr or a suppressor a much faster. Making me really consider sending in for a dd Mk18
>>
>>34949832
Paperwork is easy
Form 1 is about 9 months right now and should come down
It's worth it to me
>>
>>34950435
Does that apply for SBRs too?
Pretty neat. One guy mentioned a barcode on his recent form 1, hopefully those get fast tracked too
>>
File: 1503360995676.gif (3MB, 250x252px) Image search: [Google]
1503360995676.gif
3MB, 250x252px
>>34949948
Are you suggesting doing something illegal?
>>
In the age of the sig brace, no. Or at least not in 90% of situations.

An SBR stamp is good for certain specialized things like say a PS90, but for your AR or AK its a relic of the past.
>>
>>34949832
it is, at least it was pre 41p. i havent done it since.

time varies but if you just have stripped lowers laying around, i dont see why not.
>>
>>34949848
It could be useful if you need to shoot with one arm while doing something with the other like shooting another gun.
>>
>>34950503
That isn't illegal, numbnuts
>>
>>34950482
Don't think it'll work for Form 1s since the barcodes are made by manufactures and already have all the details about the item and manufacturer.

Submitted my Form 1 for my MP5 a few days ago, I think it's worth it.
>>
>>34950756
Silencershop's form1 service is supposed to have this new barcode shit, too. I'm thinking of giving it a shot in the near future. I think it's like $245 total, including the price of a stamp. All electronic.
>>
I want to make an SBR but I feel like it'll make moving and other things like travel a pain in the ass.
Can any anons testify on any legal crap I'd have to put up with if I got NFA stuff?
>>
>>34950895
I never notify when I cross state lines, go ahead and arrest me fuckers let's set a new legal precedent in court where they'll shit all over you for infringement of rights
>>
>>34950939
You literally just send in a letter once a year and you're good for crossing state lines.
>>
>>34950668
>shooting another gun
Back in my day we called it choking yer chicken. Guess I'm getting old...
>>
>>34950951
For one state, only for a year, and only with a full address in that state.
>>
>>34951046
>live in KS
>532.20 is for WA
>detained in FL with your SBR
>just taking the long way...
>>
>>34950780
I called them yesterday to ask if form 1s had barcodes yet, he said they didn't, but they're working on beta testing for their form 1 process to have barcodes, and they'll announce when it drops. I'll file once that comes
>>
>>34951469
aha, I'll hold off then. thanks for this!!
>>
>>34951974
Glad to help, while your waiting, go find a kiosk, update your prints and download the app to take your photo
>>
IT'S A FUCKING OPINION LETTER YOU RETARDS
LITERALLY AN OPINION

THRUST THAT FUCKING $300 ARM BRACE INTO YOUR SICKLY MANLET SHOULDERS
NO ONE CARES

UNLESS YOU PLAN ON USING A SOUND SUPPRESSOR AND I MEAN USING EFFECTIVELY NOT JUST PARADING AS AN NINJA OPERATOR
DO NOT FILE ANY TAX STAMPS
>>
>>34949832
Depends on what you're getting. When I did my MP5k I wanted that foregrip and I wasn't going to go anywhere near the legally dodgy. It was pretty easy to do just efiled and got it added to my trust. Worst part was waiting. Nowadays you have to submit prints regardless so that's a bit of a pain. My advice is this, check the gun you are getting, look at ways you can skirt the laws if you want to avoid the trouble, but always be sure of what you're doing. If I had to go back I might have just bought a full sized MP5 and used a brace, but I will say my MP5k is my favorite gun and I do not regret doing it.
>>
No, only in my case because I travel a lot and I move extremely frequently for work. I always bring along several guns on flights, but bringing along NFA items seems like an absolute pain especially when I move with such frequency.
>>
>>34952093
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34949832
Took 11 months to get mine through my now useless trust
>>
>>34952313
>my now useless trust
What happened anon?
>>
>>34952813
New ATF rules, people named in my trust simply won't submit prints or background checks for NFA
>>
>>34952313
They're not useless. Just less useful.
>>
>>34952276
The TSA does not give a flying fuck about tax stamps or 5320.20s, its no different than flying with title I firearms.
>>
>>34950668
You know what, fair. I would love to do that.
>>
>>34950683
Buying a brace with the intention of shouldering it so you can get around the SBR law is still illegal.
>>
>>34952867
If they're aware they won't get to easily sell of your shit when you die why would it matter?
>>
File: 20170816_221205.jpg (436KB, 810x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170816_221205.jpg
436KB, 810x1440px
>>34949832
>how long
ATF cashed check Sept 26 2016
>worth it
After the first 3 months I stopped giving a shit and kinda forgot about it, that helped. It's totally worth being able to configure my gun however I want without having to worry about overall length vs vertical grips etc.
>>
>>34952945
To me it is now >>34952867
>>
>>34949832
File for it now. The longer you debate getting it, the longer it's gonna take you to get it. Asking if it's worth it is just wasting time. Might as well file for 5.
>>
>>34949832
What's the penalty for being caught with a paperless SBR?
>>
>>34953918
10 years of niggers pounding your ass in fedpen
>>
>>34953001

Is it provable?
>>
>>34953137
>ATF cashed check Sept 26 2016
hey thats my birthday
>>
>>34952867
Remove them from the trust, buy new shit, add them back. Or don't bother since they're not team players. Or just make another trust, nbd.
>>
>>34953001
That's not illegal. The ATF released an opinion letter saying it was illegal. They have since reversed their opinion, because their opinion is stupid.
>>
>>34953973
Lol it's the ATF, they can just take all your guns, ransack your house, drag you through the justice system making you rack up 100s of thousands in court and lawyer costs, then when they lose they're no worse off. You're stuck picking up the pieces while half your shit was already auctioned off as part of civil forfeiture.

Or they'll just kill you like Waco/Ruby Ridge.
>>
>>34954212
And you have a link for that letter?

I know they sent one to the "sig brace" people saying it doesn't automatically transform the gun into an sbr and you're suddenly in violation, but that particular letter said always shouldering is still illegal.
>>
>>34954247
>If, however, the shooter/possessor takes affirmative steps to configure the device for use as a shoulder-stock — for example, configuring the brace so as to permanently affix it to the end of a buffer tube, (thereby creating a length that has no other purpose than to facilitate its use as a stock), removing the arm-strap, or otherwise undermining its ability to be used as a brace — and then in fact shoots the firearm from the shoulder using the accessory as a shoulder stock, that person has objectively “redesigned” the firearm for the purposes of the NFA.

Just keep your intentions pure, faggort.
>>
If you are building a SBR, do you need to already posses a lower for it to include serial number on the form 1? Curious myself about how this works.
>>
File: 1476007056386.gif (990KB, 176x135px) Image search: [Google]
1476007056386.gif
990KB, 176x135px
>>34952093
>HTA Kestrel 7.62 suppressor on my AR .300 Blackout pistol with adjustable gasblock specifically for subsonic home defense.
>cuz muh cucked freedoms.
>>
>>34954302
Yes, you will need to provide a serial number.
>>
>>34955240
So you buy the parts separately, fill the form, pay the $2000 stamp and wait for a year before putting them together?
>>
>>34953219
Lol so take them off.
>>
>>34955312
Buy lower, use serial number, buy sbr upper, but have ffl hold it until you get 200 dollar tax stamp, then pick up upper from ffl and assemble. Having all the parts in the same place will get you slapped with constructive intent
>>
>>34957493
>shipping an upper to an FFL
lol what?
just slap a pistol buffer tube on it and fuck with it that way until your stamp comes back. don't buy a proper stock until your stamp comes if you're super paranoid about it.
>>
I've SBR'd a Scorpion EVO. I did this before the carbine variants were available because I wanted to use it in the new pistol caliber carbine division of USPSA. I don't regret doing it, as I really like the gun, and got in before the rule change.

If I had no intention to compete with the gun, I would get a pistol with an arm brace.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.