[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ruger American

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: ruger american.jpg (103KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
ruger american.jpg
103KB, 1155x1155px
Why does this exist? How is it an improvement over the SR9?

>bigger than the SR9
>clunkier than the SR9
>heavier than the SR9

What made Ruger think this design was a good idea?
>>
>>34948235
should I buy a SR9e as my first gun?
>>
>>34948243
It's a good gun. If you want a reliable pistol that doesn't break the bank go for it
>>
>>34948258
what about people who say 9mm isn't enough stopping power
>>
>>34948305
they're faggots now go to a different thread because this is a thread about the ruger american stop derailing my shit
>>
>>34948305
>9mm stopping power meme
Have a friend shoot you once in the chest to see.
>>
>>34948235
I don't get it either
Nothing improved on the SR, fuck-ugly, vastly better options for less cost.

I doubt the trigger is better than a comparable Walther or CZ.
>>
>>34948235
As much as I brandwhore Ruger I genuinely don't understand this one either.
>>
>>34948305
Unless you're hitting somebody with a goddamn anti-materiel rifle, stopping power is more or less a myth.

In terms of actual tissue damage, a larger cartridge (.45 ACP, 10mm, etc) will obviously be more effective, but that doesn't always translate to immediately stopping a threat. Rather, shot placement is key, and as a rule, the more rounds on target, the better. That is to say 9mm, although smaller than other cartridges, will virtually always allow for greater magazine capacity than larger, marginally more effective calibers, and will typically allow for easier follow-up shots.

Said differently, you'll generally be better served with 15 9mm rounds than you would 8 .45 ACP, and so forth.
>>
>>34948235
I own SR9E (1st gen w/LCI), SR9, SR9C, SR40, SR40C, GP100, LCP, 10/22, 2 LCR's, 2 LCRx's, Alaskan and a few others. You could say I'm a Ruger fanboy except The S&W's, Walther's, Springfields, Mossbergs, Remington rifles/shotguns, AR's, etc. combined outnumber the Rugers.
I will NOT buy an SR45 until they fix the damned trigger bar.
I will NOT buy a Ruger American because weak attempt to get DoD contracts, and it's butt ugly. Good rail though.
>>
>>34949618
Do you like the SR9 /SR9C? I was considering getting one but the huge loaded chamber indicator, Mag. disconnect and manual safety kind of irk me.
Honestly thinking of getting as P89 over the SR9.
>>
>>34950044
Sr9c has a variant with no manual safety or mag disconnect.
>>
>gun will fire with magazine removed

is this thing for nogunz or what?
>>
>>34950055
Is there a specific model # or do I just need to ask at my LGS? Because I can't find any online on buds or my local stores website.
>>
>>34950137
Oops, I was thinking of the lc9s. Great gun if you like single stack subcompacts.
>>
>>34950177
Damn, you got my hopes up.
Probably going to get a used P89 if I go full size.
>>
>>34950044
Yes, I like the LCI. As I have mentioned on /k/ before, my blind friend LOVES his and I have grown to appreciate it's utility. Also, I am not the only user. My SO loves the quick visual check. (She's kinda OCD on that point. Don't tell her I said that.) Note: You have to know if there is still powder and bullet in the case, otherwise brass checks and LCI's are useless.
>>34950055
Not that I'm aware of or listed on ruger.com
>>
>>34950044
>Mag. disconnect
Follow up to >>34950281
My SO does not have the hand strength to rack out a live round 100% of the time. Once in a blue moon, her hand slips and this scares the ever loving shit out of her. The mag disconnect is assurance some fluke mechanical thing won't cause a ND. Yes, virtually impossible, but also peace of mind. inb4 "humans never needs peace of mind" is a stupid thing to say
>manual safety
it is optional, you know... ... ...
>>
File: XDESingleStack9mm.jpg (1MB, 2009x1500px) Image search: [Google]
XDESingleStack9mm.jpg
1MB, 2009x1500px
>>34950177
Getting this. Planned on earlier but poorfag can't afford right now.
>>
I have an American 9 Compact. I actually really like it. Trigger is decent. It's fully ambi (Not that I am a left handed subhuman), take down is really easy, the backstraps are interchangeable, and comfortable. I like that it's double stack with an 12 and 17 round mag provided. It shoots well too, and I actually like the way it looks.

I personally find it a good solid gun. Though if you guys don't like it, that's your thing. I'm happy with mine.
>>
>>34950059
Yea but what if the intruder got the drop on you, and snapped the clip out of the gun? You are fucked, because even through you have one in the chamber, you can't use it.
>>
>>34950399
Holy fuck balls! Your argument is based on an intruder pressing the mag release! You have BIGGER problems if it's gotten to that!
Mag releases also have OTHER purposes!!!
>>
>>34950059
Mag disconnects used to be more common, so some may assume that it wont fire without the magazine.

Those people are stupid, and need to learn how to safely use whatever gun they pick up. No company should pander to such stupidity
>>
>>34950411
Yea but these situations happen on the regular, so why not be prepared for when it happens. A gun should go bang, no matter what.
>>
>>34950425
>these situations happen on the regular
I call buh buh buh bullshit!
>>
>>34950446
Nope, it's pretty common actually, and even police have been the victim from this practice before.
>>
>>34950502
State source for number of times police grappling with criminals results in the same criminal PUSHING the mag release vs trying to shoot the cop with their own gun or the cop ejecting their own mag for safety.
Police training covers these situations.
Normalfags are useless.
>>
>>34950531
Yea but if you ask any cop you see, he will say it's happened at least once, either to him or someone he knows
>>
>>34950617
>Yea but if you ask any cop you see, he will say it's happened at least once, either to him or someone he knows
Bing "how many police officers in the United States"
44,000 sworn officers
implying this has occurred approx a minimum of 44,000 times

Stick a pin in your inflated ego, son. You sound like a fucking moron.
>>
>>34950652
Okay, can't wait till crackhead Jimmy fucks with your mag disconnect and you come back here saying sorry, and how I was right. Oh wait you can't because your dead kiddo
>>
>>34950708
>in desparation, noguns clings to his lie again and again
>mom calls from upstairs
>hot pockets are ready
Get fucked you moron
>>
>>34950708
I'm just wondering at what point in a confrontation with a criminal would you be at risk of him hitting your mag release? Were you already drawn and he comes at you and grabs you? That's your fault, are you fighting over your gun still in holster? If he's that hands on he's not getting to the mag release or the gun due to retention holster and then all of your training is about pushing away and creating distance.
>>
>>34948692
>not rocking 30 rounds of .22
argument meets
>not carrying a single shot 20mm pistol.

i fucking love /k/
>>
>>34948243
because there's no such thing as a Ruger SR9e
there's a Ruger SR9 and a Ruger 9E, but no SR9e
>>
>>34949618
>because weak attempt to get DoD contracts
they didn't enter the MHS competition
>>
File: Lew.jpg (6KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
Lew.jpg
6KB, 194x259px
man fuck you

the look alone will blow them all away.
>>
>>34950852
At least I can eat while your dead kiddo
>>
>>34950877
After he grabbed your slide.
>>
>>34950988
Never saw a noguns hold to such a stupid assertion so tightly before. Give anon the source of your claim or STFU
>>
>>34950652
That seems way too low to me, i'd have thought maybe 400,000 police
>>
>>34951160
>calls people noguns
>never heard of intruders pressing your mag release rendering your shit useless
How does it feel being noguns?
>>
>>34951273
Wrong counter argument.
Some anon stated that EVERY officer had it happen or knows that it happened.
PROVE IT.
Instead, we get Sperganon McSlaphappy that refuses to source their claim.
S H U T T H E F U C K U P

H

U

T

T

H

E

F

U

C

K

U

P
>>
>>34950308
Where am I supposed to hold the pistol? Oh yeh
ah, the

G R I P Z O N E
R
I
P
Z
O
N
E
>>
>>34950925

Autism.
>>
>>34951790
No way a registered trademark or marketing slogan is going to keep me from a God tier gun!
For you "GRIPEZONE"
>>
>>34951847
How good is a gun really if you can't post pictures on your favorite mongolian weapons discussion board without getting bullied?
>>
>>34951183
765k fulltime sworn officers, 44k part time sworn officers. Guy didnt read correctly.
>>
File: XDMod2SubCompact45ACP.jpg (2MB, 2322x1692px) Image search: [Google]
XDMod2SubCompact45ACP.jpg
2MB, 2322x1692px
>>34951882
>bullied
bullied?
HA! never crossed my mind that a pale basement dwelling wimp COULD bully
>>
>>34951967
>Guy didnt read correctly
The easiest way to get the correct answer on the internet is to claim something obviously not right.
tee hee
>>
>>34951987
The easiest way is to google it yourself. (You) didn't think correctly. ;-)
>>
>>34952006
Fuck goolag. The other anon post was bing info
>>
>>34950921
22 lacks enough penetration to meet FBI standards, and is a rimfire. Otherwise, I'd totally carry a handgun with 30.
>>
>>34950921

20 rounds in a Five seveN is actually great though.
>>
>>34950617
Asked my uncle, who is a police officer. He said you're stupid and that almost never happens.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.