[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Background check review medical records?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: bleh.jpg (7KB, 300x151px) Image search: [Google]
bleh.jpg
7KB, 300x151px
Hey /k/, I've been drooling over this 18" AR-10 and I wanna buy it. It'd be my first purchase, but I have a situation that may or may not prevent me from buying one, everything I have searched for on the topic has been unclear.

>be stupid me on antidepressants/anxiety 4 years ago
>try to kill my self in the midst of an argument, get sent to hospital and baker acted (mandatory stay in psych ward for up to 72 hours)
>this only happened while I was on the medication, otherwise I have never thought of or tried to suicide
>after I quit any thoughts I had went away
>am normal now, depression wasnt really depression
>live in FL, no judge was present at any time to review my case/make determination
>only reason I was forced to stay there is because I stupidly admitted I wanted to suicide

So, without any judge ordering a psych ward stay, will I still be able to purchase a gun for non concealed carry use? For that matter, do background checks even look at medical records?

If I'm fucked, are there any other options available besides getting one illegally shipped?

TL;DR: Tried to kill self and am unsure as to whether or not I can still purchase a firearm for my home.
>>
>>34947647
Try it, worst thing that could happen would be the feds saying no, then just buy one from another person if you really really need one in your life.

Now, from a legal standpoint, the federal NICS background check generally only pulls felony records, from what I understand, and without having a criminal charge, there may be nothing of note in your background check.
>>
>>34947685
Thanks, I read a lot of controversy about obama restricting the access to guns anyone who had suicide in their history, though I couldn't find whether or not it only included court-ordered psychiatric care.

Was pretty worried about getting the gun shipped and then not being able to pick it up, but I'll try just going in there for a background check.

I've loved shooting ever since I was a kid, that and peace-of-mind make it a purchase somewhat high on my list.
>>
>>34947803
It's "involuntarily admitted" that's illegal, but if you were only there for three days it was just a safety check. Three days is the limit they can keep you without a parent/guardian/person with power of attorney or a judge forcing you into their. I actually know that shit for a fact, I had some shit go down in my early teens and it never stopped me from owning funs.
>>
>>34947803
Also, if you were a juvenile during the episode, then the records will be sealed juvenile,medical records without going to court and cannot be legally used against you.
>>
>>34948068
this, it would have to be a court order that would involuntarily admitted you to a psyc ward, not a 72hr psyc eval.

also this >>34948083
>>
>>34947647
You're fine. Go for it.
>>
fuckin sweet, in the same gay ass situation
>>
>>34947647
I might be able to help with this. I was in the psych ward for 24hrs in 2016 and I was really worried about my gun rights being taken away. So I went to a gun shop and bought a marlin 795, filled out the 4473, and was literally shaking as he made the call. Luckily for me the FBI cleared me and everything was good.
>>
You nutjobs really need to mellow the fuck out.
>>
>>34948321
Hey man, my shit happened when I was a teen but as soon as I could control my own life I was fine. Now everything is chill all the time for me and life is good.
>>
>>34948647
This, sometimes life gets crazy and you don't know how to handle it at first, anon.

I was young for it too, though, but 18 is legally an adult
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.