[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FNH FIVE-SEVEN? Convince me not to buy it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: fnh.jpg (735KB, 2208x1656px) Image search: [Google]
fnh.jpg
735KB, 2208x1656px
I got a bonus at work, and I have the funds to spend some decent bottle caps.

Convince me, why I should, or shouldn't buy this meme gun. Because I cant sleep wondering if I should buy it or not.

Mostly gonna be a range toy/bedside gun, but if I'm feeling froggie I'll CC it once in a while.
>>
-has no practical purpose really that can't be accomplished by what you already have
-ammo is not cheap
-meme
There's no good reason to get it unless you just really want it, same with most guns.
>>
>>34946101
Don't buy it.

Get a ps90 instead.
>>
>>34946141

This. PS90 is usually cheaper and is a more practical choice. 50 rounds and effectively zero recoil isn't too bad either.
>>
>>34946101
If you have the cash to blow and you wan it why not? Seems to be a pretty sick gun except for the fact that the only advantage of the snowflake caliber is to pierce armor. That said if you're planning on shooting at people in soft body armor absolutely go for it.
>>
>>34947051
I heard it works great on soldiers too.
>>
>>34946101
FN-Five-Seven owner here.

If you have to depend on bonuses to purchase one, you'll likely have to depend on them to shoot them.

It is fucking awesome to shoot, but personally not worth it since I cannot presently afford to shoot it regularly.
>>
>>34946101
Can't really convince you not to buy it cuz I have one. The thing is light as a feather, accurate as fuck, and has almost no recoil. Plebs will never know.
>>
>>34947552

OP here, this makes me want to buy it
>>
>>34946101
-rounds aren't cheap
-not commonly available
-would be a terrible shtf gun

>>34946141
>>34946210
this, I have a total hard on for the P90
>>
>>34946101
>If you want it for defense
-No, just no.
-It's a meme.
>If you want it as a range toy
-Yes, it's a blast to shoot.
-It's accurate as fuck.
-It punches adorable, crisp little holes in paper.
-Bitches love it.
>>
>>34948677
>accurate as fuck
>not good for defence
??
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 800x893px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 800x893px
Buy a Tokarev and a few thousand rounds of ammo for same price as that BB Gun
>>
>>34948780
Unless you're pulling headshots at 50 yards, it is basically a .22 going extra fast.

But you could easily pull headshots at 50 yards if you're a good shot.
>>
>>34946101
>belgium
yeah, if you want to be a cuck.
>>
>>34949058

They make good guns, or at least used to.
>>
>>34949047
>22 going extra fast
So is 22-250
>>
>>34948638
>shtf gun
Not everyone believes this meme and it should not be a metric for making gun purchases.

Go back to stockpiling your rice and beans, prep fag.
>>
It's cool af, but pragmatically it's a poor choice, because the ammo that's readily available for civilians is underpowered, and the 5.7 cartridge is already kind of weak

>>34946141
That changes with the longer barreled ps90.

But if you just want it because it's cool, and you've had your eye on it, I say do it. Regarded that you already have a pistol in a normie defensive caliber.

The "expensive ammo" thing is a meme. You can find 5.7 online for roughly the price of .45acp
>>
>>34946101
save the $1000-$1200 and buy a gun that's actually useful
>>
>>34946101
If price and ammo isnt bothering you do then do it. I wouldnt recommend a 57 as a first gun or even second pistol. If you have a 9mm or two then id get one.

Why?:
-Lighter than a g17 even when loaded and it holds more rounds
-one often underated feature, its sort of a single action internal hammer gun, so 1911 trigger kinda, so super shootable
-totally polymer externals, anon you could drag thing gun to work by a cable attached to your car and itd be fine haha who wouldnt want that.
>>
>>34950101
Almost forgot, this thing is notorious for being so accurate its strange.
>>
>>34950109
Not too strange though, it's a very light bullet going pretty damn fast
>>
File: 1501963515292.gif (2MB, 300x164px) Image search: [Google]
1501963515292.gif
2MB, 300x164px
>>34946134
Why do people keep saying 5.7 ammo is not cheap? ffs Its not 2011 any more fags. $14.99 will get you 50 fucking rounds
>>
File: 1501382147340.jpg (8KB, 269x211px) Image search: [Google]
1501382147340.jpg
8KB, 269x211px
>>34948677
>Not good for defense
Nadal Hassan used it at the Ft. Hood massacre cutting down 45 people. I'm surprised they didn't survive because it's just "a fast moving 22" fucking unbelievable at the shit people post on here.
>>
>>34948901
cept with the tokarev you get
-worse erganomics
-much worse capacity
-more weight
>>
>>34951016
He wounded more than he actually killed. Not sure where the shots landed though.

That being said, it's still an effective caliber, that I would feel confident enough to trust my life to. But it wouldn't be my first choice in most situations. My PS90 is my go to if there's a bump in the night and there are multiple attackers. If I had a shorter 5.56 that I could clear the tight corners in my house easier though, I would.

>>34950977
Again, this is true. 50 round boxes of 5.7 aren't far off from 50 round boxes of .45

But it was a lot more expensive when it first hit the market.
>>
>>34951086
>A shorter 5.56
What really get's my dick hard about the PS90 is it's versatility, it's completely ambidextrous so you could hide behind a corner in the hallway and hold it left handed when clearing a room, and unlike an AR the ejection port is on the bottom so you wouldn't get brass hitting your cheek. plus the bullpup design keeps overall length down without sacrificing muzzle velocity

that being said if you're dealing with some urban democrats breaking into your home at night it's unlikely you're going to have to fire more that 5 shots so that's not a huge deal
>>
Theyre expensive as fuck and not too practical, but I think they're cool as he'll and really want one.
Go for it if you can afford to feed it
>>
File: 4.jpg (18KB, 334x461px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
18KB, 334x461px
Buy it.
>>
>>34951460
Pretty much why it's my go-to.

One thing that sucks about the new production ps90's though is that the only sight you have is the little peep built into the top rail (not counting the backups built into the upper). It sucks, so a red dot is pretty much a mandatory upgrade.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.