[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad to play with your gun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: chopper.jpg (21KB, 300x205px) Image search: [Google]
chopper.jpg
21KB, 300x205px
I spin around, practice drawing, and dry fire my revolver at home. Sometimes I point it at my head and body when I dry fire.

I never keep it loaded at home though, and I live alone. Is that bad? What harm could come of it?
>>
It's not a great idea. All it takes is forgetting to unload it once
>>
Keep doing that and kill yourself
>>
>>34945680
>Sometimes I point it at my head and body when I dry fire.
You FUCKING moron. You are just trying your hardest to become another statistic anti-gunners use against us. Good work.
>>
File: dunce peeep.png (64KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
dunce peeep.png
64KB, 658x901px
>>34945680
yeah bro you should really reconsider such exceedingly poor decisions
>>
Practice drawing and dry fire trigger practice I do at home all the time too, but I use Snap caps and the laser inserts. I'd say don't point it at yourself, but yeah, practice drawing and dry firing is a normal thing IMO.
>>
>>34945680
To piggyback on OP's question, is sleeping with a loaded gun under your pillow a meme? I saw James Bond do it in a few films
>>
File: 1494695344151.gif (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494695344151.gif
1MB, 480x360px
>>34945744
Not under your pillow but easily reachable would be better.
>RUGER P85, KEEPS YOU ALIVE
>>
>>34945680
had a former customer who accidentally put a paperwad into his skull.
>>
>>34945744
I sleep with my 1911 wedged between my mattress right beside my head. Though the slide is not racked.
>>
File: 1493150782990.png (577KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1493150782990.png
577KB, 1100x1100px
>>34945680
part of me wants to give you a smart ass response, something derisive because of how ignorant your alleged activity is, less you are trolling. Instead, at 32, I will give you the grown ass man response:

You show disrespect for a tool that can kill, and in turn show disrespect for yourself. There is a small pride, and discipline in taking activities seriously and putting aside frivolous, childlike behavior. It not only speaks to a viewer, but yourself each time you execute such behavior that you find yourself above being serious.

If you aren't serious with a gun, it reflects poorly on your character, showing you of poor judgement, values, and possibly moral standing.

Why? Because every year people get killed, or injured with accidental discharges. Even if you are extremely careful, and ever fuck up, your behavior reflects that you disregard the fuck ups of others, and find them of no consequence to yourself, and especially of others.

So every time you are being a "dumb ass" you are basically saying "fuck it. I dont care people think I am an asshole, because I am acting like an asshole. I act like an asshole in private because I feel the need to rebel against rules where I can because I am a child at heart."

So the real tl/dr is, act like man, because its respect of society, and of yourself.
>>
>>34945822
I understand what you mean
I guess I was thinking of it as becoming more familiar with handling the gun, but you're right that deep down it's childish behavior
>>
I do the same shit. pretend to shoot my dogs, tv, etc. I make it a habit to always clear my guns when I pick it up, even if I was just playing with it a few moments earlier. if im gonna be stupid, i might as well be stupid safely
>>
>>34945800
Surely you mean the hammer is down or the safety is on or a round isn't chambered
>>
File: 1496288819658.jpg (24KB, 301x451px) Image search: [Google]
1496288819658.jpg
24KB, 301x451px
>>34945867
Different poster to the one you responded to, but all you can do now is to just stop playing with it. Firearms demand respect.
>>
>>34945867
Acknowledgement of your own actions, and understanding where they come from, what drives you, and how you can guide yourself; that's called functional introspection +10 to self respect.
>>
>>34945680
Everything you said is fine except for pointing it at yourself or any direction that could possibly end in the injury of yourself or another human/animal unless intended. Dry firing practice is fine, just never ever point a gun at something you don't want dead. That said if you have a death wish OP carry on.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.