[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CZ 527 in .223

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
Is it worth getting a bolt action in .223 or should I get one chambered in a cartridge with better ballistics at distance? CZ rifles give me a huge erection and I'm thinking of getting the 527

I live in NY so my thinking is instead of getting a neutered AR or other .223 semi auto I'll get a bolt and if I ever move to a free state I'll have another rifle that can eat my AR food when I buy one.

I mostly shoot short distances because Western Long Island has shit options for ranges, but I'd like a rifle that could hunt in a pinch due to my shtf autism.
>>
Get a CZ 452 in 22lr. The rifle and ammo are cheaper.
>>
>>34945524
if you want it buy it
it will be less practical than alternatives in the same price range but if its what you want go for it they are nice guns
>>
>>34945532
I have a 10/22, it's my only rifle. I've shot a CZ .22 bolt and it was real slick, but I'm thinking my next rifle will be centerfire. I'm looking at .223 because it's almost as affordable as .22 for range practice.

>>34945542
Thanks anon, haven't seen any reviews from people who own them that regret it. Expensive mags and proprietary scope mounts suck but I can live with that
>>
>>34945583
If you're getting bolt get a heavier caliber. You'll be shooting less rounds in a session than a semi auto so ammo price should be as much of a concern. As an added bonus you'll be able to hunt whatever if you so chose and larger calibers are more fun in a bolt action. For semi auto get .223 or whatever else in that range.
>>
>>34945624
Shouldn't be as much of a concern*
>>
>>34945524
Considering calverton and Brookhaven only go out to 200 yards, it's not a bad choice. You could also build a nice precision AR and just make it fixed mag, but you said you don't want a neutered semi-auto. Wouldn't be hard to make it a detachable mag if you move, and then you wouldn't have a gun that you don't use sitting around.
>>
>>34945624
That makes sense. I haven't ordered the rifle only basically because it seems like .223 isn't going to take advantage of a bolt action's strengths. But I'm basically limited to < 200 yds like >>34945708 says. I really mostly shoot 25 since Calverton and Brookhaven are a bit of a haul for me. Might actually be moving to CT soon for work where the laws are just as gay but I might have better access to outdoor ranges.

>>34945708
If I had the ammo anyway because I bought an AR platform I'd probably still shoot the thing, but it seems like it would go to waste as a range toy since you can't really hunt anything with .223
>>
>>34945708
I might reconsider a NY legal AR. Do you have one, anon? What do you think of the ARMagLock? Seems easy to switch out on the fly if I take a trip to go shooting in a free state too
>>
>>34945794
I was lucky enough to get a job that exempts me from the SAFE act, so I have fun stuff, but I've tried fixed-mag ARs and thorsden-stocked ARs, and they aren't too terrible. If you're doing a precision build, fixed mag is the better option since being able to reload fast doesn't matter. My brother has an AR with the thorsden, and my non-neutered AR is infinitely more comfortable. I think fixed mag is the way to go unless you also plan on using the gun for HD, honestly.

Pic related is mine. Just waiting on my form 1 to get an 11.5" barrel to through in that bottom upper and my form 4 for my suppressor that's currently sitting at DSI.
>>
File: IMG_4639.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4639.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>34945987
Forgot pic
>>
>>34945987
>>34946003
Pic related is my mid-tier budget precision setup. It's a Remington 700 SPS tactical in .308 with a KRG X-ray chassis, timney trigger, silencerco brake for the suppressor I'll have soon, and a vortex PST. I didn't go too crazy with my budget since I'm only shooting out to 200 yards around here and can't shoot past 1000 without going to the southwest somewhere. If I were to buy another bolt gun, I'd get a .300 WM since I started reloading and since .300 WM has much better ballistics than .308 at longer ranges. .308 isn't bad, but if I'm building a bolt gun, I'm building it to reach out far, and .300 WM does that better than .308
>>
File: IMG_4640.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4640.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>34946049
Forgot pic again
>>
>>34945794
All pictures and stuff aside, if you're going to be shooting 200 yards and under, a semi-auto in .223 with a good barrel will do the same thing that a bolt gun in .223 or .308 will do. Once my SBR upper is done, everything on my 16" upper is going on the SBR upper, and my 16" upper is getting a 2.5-10 and a heavier profile barrel. I enjoy my 700, but I can do the same thing for less money with an AR at the distances I have to shoot around here.
>>
>>34946003
pic quality and sling in teh way make it look like you have your red dot backwards.

>>34946049
300wm from 308 is natural but didnt you just say you had only 200 yards?
>>
>>34945987
Any additional hoops to jump to do an sbr and suppressor? I'm exempt too and I've been wanting to do an sbr, but dsi are such dicks.
>>
>>34946003
>>34946066
Beautiful rifles, Anon. I'm not willing to buy an AR without a pistol grip, the way Eugene Stoner intended it. Muh ergonomics. I would keep the rifle around for HD, but wouldn't exactly plan on using it, my town doesn't have diversity problems, yet.

>>34946126
I shot an Appleseed bootcamp in Florida up to 400 yds using other people's ARs. I was surprised at what a 16 inch AR could do. It was my first time shooting past 25 yds and I scored the known-distance shoot on my first try. I love the AR platform, I don't love the compromises I'd have to make to get one in my state.
>>
>>34946147
Form 1 for an SBR
https://www.atf.gov/file/11281/download
form 4 for a suppressor
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/form/form-4-application-tax-paid-transfer-and-registration-firearm-atf-form-53204/download

Follow instructions on form, put "all lawful purposes" as the reason, get passport photos taken, have your agency fingerprint you on the blue-lined FBI cards, include a check for $200 for each form when you mail them in, and then wait 6-9 months for the ATF to get to them. You can also just build a pistol lower now that the ATF says you can shoulder a brace, but they've been known to change their minds in the past.
>>
>>34946212
Did you have to get your chief or inspector to sign off on it? Were they cool about it?
>>
>>34947063
Nope. Just had to notify the chief i.e. Mail a copy of the form to his office. Apparently Suffolk PD doesn't like their officers to have NFA stuff, so idk if that'll cause a problem for you. Nassau and the NYPD are fine with it.
>>
>>34947126
Wellll. That's a problem then.
>>
>>34947126
Appreciate the help dude.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.