[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you actual competence in science and GUN design?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: FNX-45-tactical-fde-661x496.jpg (58KB, 661x496px) Image search: [Google]
FNX-45-tactical-fde-661x496.jpg
58KB, 661x496px
I wonder if it would be possible to build a truly, utterly soundless half-automatic handgun with at least six rounds.
Bonus for no spent cartridges being expelled.

It's all about internal ballistics, because the sonic crack limits projectile velocity to lower than about 330 m/s.

I am also interested in concepts of self-vanishing bullets, like those made from ice. Now the latter is not useful - the density of ice is just too low to be applicable as bullet in a compact handgun with v0-limitations.
But dry ice has a much higher density, and could possibly be used, especially for its very good self-vanishing quality.
So, gentlemen, any technical expertise or ideas?
>>
What the fuck are you talking about? Is English your first language?
>half automatic
You mean semi-automatic?
>soundless
Silenced/suppressed?
>Ice bullets
Anything that isn't a dense metal or part of a dense metal will disintegrate as soon as you fire it. Stop being a retard who watches too many movies.
>No casings being expelled.
Get a revolver if you care
>>
>>34942157
Read the sticky, vanishing bullets aren't worth looking into since they'll just end up vaporized, you'll need a fairly large bullet if it's going to be subsonic, a company that makes silencers is making an internally suppressed gun already so they will beat you to the punch with regards towards cornering the mall ninja/assassin/james bond market, you will have to manufacture your own caseless ammunition since no one makes caseless ammo, because no one makes caseless ammo no one would buy your gun.
>>
>>34942208
Sorry, I am German.

Silencers are not truly silent, there is a lot of noise still from the weapons action and released gases.

With small additives regular ice can made into a hard yet ductile substance, for example with a few percent of metal or wood dust (google pykrete).
Dry ice has a higher density and could possibly function well.
It would require internal cooling of the gun or ammo, but this can be cheaply and reliably achieved with a peltier element, for example.

There is a trick to anti-forensically collect the expelled spent cartridges: Wrap a plastic bag around the gun and your hand/arm, and fire through the bag.

Revolvers are notoriously difficult to seal completely between barrel and revolving cylinder. Gas escapes, noise is made, forensic evidence is produced. Not nearly good enough.
>>
http://www.forgottenweapons.com/russian-silent-ammunition/

I know of those, but are they really 100% silent?
Is there no sharp "clack"?

Also they seem limited in capacity - 6+ shots would be useful to have.
And, while being already a design that proves good thinking, I wonder what Western nations
have come up with to solve that problem, or what else/better the Russians truly have - those silent
guns of the type you presented are already like 50 years old.
Also, they offer no self-vanishing quality for the bullet, while I know that their ammo was deliberately
made so that it would register as Ak47-projectiles in forensic bullet analysis to mislead deliberately.
In 2008 I heard truthfully-sounding reports of some Afghan man who reported that US special forces entered his house at night, in complete silence and darkness, and he swore they had completely silent guns, only the bullets` impacts in the walls and the shot bodies could be heard.
>>
>>34942157
This is simplest option for a trace less firearm.

>buy 80% glock lower at gun show
>also buy threaded barrel for said glock
>build glock
>attach brass catcher to glock
>attach oil can suppressor to glock
>load with subsonic ammo (bought in private sale)
>commit crime
>throw it in a lake
>>
>>34942157
Silenced Nagant with subsonic cast lead handloads.
>>
>>34942157

You could reduce sound a lot more if you're willing to sacrifice things like accuracy and energy.

A very weak cartridge with a large suppressor using baffles and multiple wipes would be quite, but pretty useless outside of a demonstration.
>>
I have no idea why you'd need these other than to commit a crime. If it's for committing crimes, the logical answer is obviously "don't do it". It's similar to when people want self-defense techniques, yet refuse to accept that the best and most essential technique is "not fighting".
>>
>>34944036
It's not a crime if the CIA does it! :^)
>>
>>34944036
>need
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.