[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the word on these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: Steyr-M9-A1-1.jpg (208KB, 661x496px) Image search: [Google]
Steyr-M9-A1-1.jpg
208KB, 661x496px
What's the word on these?
>>
File: 1503422044094-1558029224.jpg (2MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
1503422044094-1558029224.jpg
2MB, 4128x3096px
Real gud
>>
>>34941403
Which model is that?
>>
File: 1456849463108.jpg (85KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1456849463108.jpg
85KB, 1024x768px
>>34941385
>What's the word on these?

There were some issues with the extractor at first, but those ought to be fixed if you get a current production one.

The only issue I've heard of if that some of the standard capacity magazines were accidentally outfitted with 10 round "ban state" mag springs. Meaning they'd often feed, but not always. If you load a mag and it "rattles" when you shake the gun, you likely have one of those springs.

Other than that? The main issue is primarily aftermarket support. It's hard to compete with Glocks and S&W M&Ps.
>>
>>34941489
What about the safety? Don't you need a specific tool to even engage it? Or is it as easy as disassembling it
>>
>>34941489
Very informative. Thanks anon
>>
>>34941542
It's a built in lock, not really a safety. Leave it disengaged and you're good.
>>
>>34941542
>What about the safety? Don't you need a specific tool to even engage it?

As the other anon said, it's a lock, not a safety.
There actually exists a manual safety version of the Steyr M9/L9 btw, but it's rather rare. See the weird shape above the trigger? It's a manual safety which drops down. To turn it off safe, you push it up. To put it on safe, you press the button above.

Another downside you might want to keep in mind by the way is the fact that the slide is not very friendly for milling off a piece to fit a red dot sight instead of the normal rear sight. There's too many things to the top of the internals of the side that if you take off too much material you risk fucking up your gun.

Personally, I'd suggest keeping the pyramid sights though. They're neat.
>>
good solid option, looks nice too, can't go wrong if you can snag one under $500
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.